AMR5 alpha

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

AMR5 alpha

Postby Ozzallos » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:41 pm

[Removed at poster request]
Last edited by Ozzallos on Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ozzallos » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:44 pm

Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby deathgeonous » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:22 pm

IT'S BACK!!! AND IT'S GOOD!!! Seriously, I found nothing that would not let this be posted now. You are good.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Druid » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:35 pm

Well, that was an entirely unexpected turn at the end. One spelling error at the end however, use used forth, instead of fourth twice when refering to the number of students.
One question, does Ranma understand that while he can't change back to male now, the possibility for the furture is open?
Excellent work, I very much enjoyed it. Thisd is despite the fact I was hoping for something else, if you understand by chance what I'm getting at.
You don't need a reason to help people.
Druid
Senshi Cadet

Postby MGSaintz » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:56 pm

One error I noticed during the sparing match between Ranma and Grandfather Masaki is that you called him Noboyuki instead of Katsuhito. Otherwise it's a good chapter.
MGSaintz
Senshi Candidate

Re: AMR5 alpha

Postby DBHay » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:42 pm

Ozzallos wrote:Oh My Ranma ½!
Unfortunately that just happened to be Ranma’s arm and the two hit the ground, sliding wildly down the dark shaft where they were deposited a hundred feet later in a most compromising position. It would have been a great position had they been lovers. Urd would have approved. Maybe even watched. Tenchi covered the redhead like a blanket and there was no body part not left touching one another. The pair’s eyes were locked on to one another as both faces began to progress through multiple shades of pink. Tenchi, being the passive sort simply laid their in shock on top of her while Ranma was still trying to decide exactly why she was letting him do so. The Boy part of her psyche voted to snap his neck. The girl, Ranma noted with some surprise was a bit of a hentai. She voted in favor of pulling the handsome student into something more than just a kiss. The goddess winced and ruthlessly suppressed her before settling for something diplomatic, yet to the point.
“Get off me before a snap yer neck.”

Should be "Get off me before I snap yer neck."
Great to see more. :D
DBHay
DBHay
Senshi Candidate

Postby MC80a Liberty » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:57 pm

Nice to see another chapter. Two other spelling mistakes: During Urd and Kami-Sama's meeting you have
Eighteen years of Ranma’s life had not mere been spent as a man
should be merely
and during Ryoko's appearance at the school
The orange points of light were sucked into her hand to form what looked to be a light saver and it was at that moment that Tenchi decided that running was, in fact, an excellent idea indeed.
should be saber.
MC80a Liberty
Senshi Candidate

Postby Atlan » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:46 am

Yes! An update!
I noticed that you keep getting confused as to ranma's gender. Sometimes its a he, sometimes a she. Sometimes in the same sentence.
Skuld tapped her foot impatiently. She didn’t need to consult a clock for the time as she was getting a continuous feed from the Yggradsil, and it was telling her one thing—Sensei was late. “You sure you haven’t seen him, A-chan?”
Akane finished the last of her stretches and tightened her gi. “I don’t think she came home last night.” She looked at Nabiki, wondering if she knew where Ranma had wandered off to.

Actually, Ranma asked me to do a favor for him…”
“Her.” Skuld pointed out, sticking up for her sister.

If some people think of ranma as him, and some as her, at least have them do it consistently.
THough it would be easier to read if you picked one gender and stuck to it.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Lerris » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:45 am

Overall, this was a good chapter, with the second half being better than the first half. About the only significant comment I can make that might improve it, would be to maybe do more of the first part in the style of the second part. I.E. rather than going over familiar parts of the Tenchi arc, going over what happened with Urd, or whatever might work better. Again, it was good overall, and its just an idea. I'm not sure it would really be better that way.
A few more minor things that I don't think others have pointed out..
>"The Grandfather"
=I find it strange to see that in words. Normally it is Tenchi's grandfather. I'm not sure why it would be wrong or anything though...
>Secretly, see couldn’t be more pleased.
=she
>“So how is our protégé doing, Urd-chan?” God inquired with a friendly smile and the Goddess sat down in the chair opposite of him.
=Usually Kami-sama is used. It might be more politically correct to do that, although I suppose it is a matter of taste. It's probably not that important.
>, she would come up well short armed or not against the martial artist. Saffron had been the be
=I think you may need a comma after the word short.
>They even sharfacial tattooing.
=typo
Good luck with this. The Saffron arc has the potential to be interesting, and of course, the story as written could have various arcs.
Lerris
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dragon Man » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:31 am

Hmm, I see much potential for a good Saffron. I can just see him walking Kasumi to the market and some punk tries to rob her, causing Saffron to yell, "Leave Auntie Kasumi alone!" before he fireballs the punk. Oh man, imagine Cologne's reaction to this recent event!!!
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Screwball » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:19 am

Sweet! I worship the ground you walk on!
She adjusted the long sword at her hip, knowing full well that if it came down to using it, she would come up well short armed or not against the martial artist.

You could use a comma after short, like Lerris suggested, but that would mess up the very end of the sentance. If I were you, I'd change it to:
'... using it, she would come up well short against the martial artist, armed or not.'
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ahye » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:05 am

There were quite a number of spelling and grammar errors, but enough people are pointing those out already. The plot and writing itself I found quite good. One odd thing I found was the point where you went from detailing the fight with Ryoko to having Ranma just walk into a bar and skip over a lot of the Tenchi beginning plot line during the course of a couple drinks. It might have been interesting to have that detailed out and written up, but it would take at least another chapter all by itself.
The stuff with Saffron I found kind of fun. I am suprised that the Phoenix would let them just take Saffron, without at least sending Kiima or someone along with them. Sure, Kiima wouldn't be happy about still having to put up with helping to raise the kid, but he is their leader/god, so they'd want to keep an eye on him if at all possible. Kiima would also fit in nicely in Nerima since she does have her curse that turns her into Akane. Also, I'm sure Saffron has seen Kiima in her cursed form a number of times by now during his 'growing up', so he's likely to, at least at first, think Akane is Kiima. Lots of potential for confusion and fun with that situation.
Ahye
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shadow Wolf » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:18 am

In the posted version on ff.net, you corrected one of the Noboyuki's to Katsuhito, but missed the second:
Nobuyuki nodded. “It has been in our family for… generations.” He seemed to smile faintly at his own joke and Ranma smiled back in mischief.
“Yeah. It’s kinda out of this world.”
Shadow Wolf
Senshi Candidate

Postby Ozzallos » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Shadow Wolf wrote:In the posted version on ff.net, you corrected one of the Noboyuki's to Katsuhito, but missed the second...

Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby ChasTaro » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:16 pm

I see great potiental for laughs. A young Saffron getting a crush on his auntie Ranma. As he matures Ranma haveing to give him (THE TALK). Also I can't see Kami-Sama Leaveing Ranma with the Catfist undealt with. The Hand of God should'nt be afraid of cats. If Hild found out it would be exploited. Maybe he's waiting for Ranma to grow-up enough to realize she needs help and ask for it. That would explain why he didn't cure it at the start.
If you live to seek revenge, dig a grave for two.
ChasTaro
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Stories and C&C