Engagement Contest Entry - Engagementus Maximus

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Innortal » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:09 pm

Oh, he'd practice, and they'd be forced to allow him. If for nothing else than to keep him in shape and allow them to plan more females (assuming he makes several deposits per day and possible mating dances the rest of the time) to drain him of the needed energy.
I find the image a bit funny that after the first day of sex, he tries to summon a ki ball, and gets something barely the size of a gumball, which fades away as the next girl arrives for the ... fun.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:43 pm

Innortal wrote:Oh, he'd practice, and they'd be forced to allow him. If for nothing else than to keep him in shape and allow them to plan more females (assuming he makes several deposits per day and possible mating dances the rest of the time) to drain him of the needed energy.
I find the image a bit funny that after the first day of sex, he tries to summon a ki ball, and gets something barely the size of a gumball, which fades away as the next girl arrives for the ... fun.

Okay, everybody seems to get this wrong. He's never going to have sexual intercourse (again) in his life. Someone will `milk` him every few days, the resulting sample will be divided into tiny amounts and sent to in vitro clinics all over the planet (unless someplace really wants zero population growth).
That's what they do with stud bulls and stud horses, that's what they'd do to Ranma. No nookie, not now, not ever, and of course Akane would call him a pervert for what's being done to him.
I could get more specific, but this place is family-safe, and I'd have to explain the technical terms. Let's just say the entire process is about as romantic and tender as a prostate exam, and that's what Ranma has to look forward to for the rest of his natural life. Not an endless stream of nubile, eager young ladies.
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:05 am

Hmmm... I fail to see why he could not do both. That is assuming he would want to, of course, as I doubt they would wish to make him resentful.
1. Per your own words, it would be 'every few days'. Most normal males can do it more than that.
2. Again, on the assumption they would not want to make him resentful of them, I doubt they would deny him anything as long as they could insure he did not die or hurt his procreative abilities.
3. They could most likely hardly stop him were they to try without risking affecting him in ways that would ruin his abilities of procreation.
4. Does not that then sort of negate the purpose of the story.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Innortal » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:44 am

I just find it funny for the person who has to explain to Ranma how he is supposed to give them the samples.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby DBHay » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:00 pm

Doctor, "Ranma it's a new technique you have to master."
Ranma :shock:
Doctor, "your Mother says it's very manly!"
Ranma :shock:
DBHay
Senshi Candidate

Postby MacShimi » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:15 pm

Daniel,
While I had taken into account your specific mention of in-vitro-fertilisation as the used technique, I made mention of the Taoist techniques as a direct rebuttal of the comment from others who related that heat produced from exercise reduces sperm count. My comments were intended as a means of using the martial arts and their related disciplines to increase sperm count and to determine the sex of a child.
----
For some reason I now have the image of Ranma saying "Martial Arts nookie?" Of course he'd have the sort of aghast expression children have when confronted with the awful truth at the wrong moment. Ever taught sex education? I have... :)
---
So while heat tends to decrease sperm count, and increase the number of female children in an ordinary person, those who train using the proper exercise, and who exercise the correct discipline increase their sperm count.
It is also worth mentioning that these same Taoists have the firm belief (with supporting evidence) that excessive ejaculation leads to a greatly shortened life-span, and also to infertility. Given that Ramna has been trained in many martial arts, and that this particular set of ideas has a basis in Chinese Medicine, which Ranma has plenty of exposure to I am surprised that he's not a bit more forthcoming with his opinions.
Seriously: read the 'Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine' and read a few other reputable books on Chinese medicine. You'll see what I mean. It's impossible for Ranma to not know the things I'm speaking about, he'd have to at least mention them. If you’re happier reading a fictionalised account, read ‘Tales of a Wandering Taoist’ by Deng Min Dao. This is the sort of background that Ranma had when growing up, so it’s really strange seeing him react in such a westernised manner.
If you must play, decide on three things at the start: The rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.
-- Chinese proverb
MacShimi
Senshi Candidate

On Taoism and martial arts, and real story comments too

Postby pspinler » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:16 am

[quote="MacShimi"]This is the sort of background that Ranma had when growing up, so it’s really strange seeing him react in such a westernised manner.[/quote]
MacShimi:
Not really, we are western fanfic authors, and can only write what we know. There are few of us who have nifty taoist titles on our bookshelves.
For what it's worth, I recommend these ones:
-- "Secret and Sublime" by John Blofeld as a good intro to taoism for a westerner
-- "The Magus of Java" by Kosta Danaos as a good first person account of a student of a modern day taoist master
-- "The Foundations of Chinese Medicine" by Giovanni Maciocia as a good western style textbook covering the fundamentals of traditional chinese medicine
Honestly though, story wise, what he's written works just fine for amusement purposes. He doesn't need to be truely authentic to eastern philosophy. Also, remember that not even all eastern martial arts are deeply taoist in nature, many only touch the surface of taoist philosophy.
What I'd wonder W.R.T. this plot is: wouldn't Ryoga, Taro, and Mousse all be candidates for the same treatment Ranma got? If I recall, this only sterilized male *humans*. (If it sterilized all male mammals, this world would face a lot more problems ...)
-- Pat
pspinler
Senshi Cadet

Postby B'man » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:37 am

Essentially, Pat, Ranma was female when the problems started, and somehow the guv realised what was happening and the enormity of it (don't ask me how) and intercepted her before she changed back. We can assume that the other curse-bearers had spent some time in their male human form before they could be found and thus had been affected.
B'man
Senshi Cadet

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:30 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Hmmm... I fail to see why he could not do both. That is assuming he would want to, of course, as I doubt they would wish to make him resentful.

Resentful of what, denying him something he's never had?
PCHeintz72 wrote:1. Per your own words, it would be 'every few days'. Most normal males can do it more than that.

The resulting product contain a reduced quantity of the active ingredient. They want the maximum yield of active ingredient. There is a large difference between servicing a woman, and impregnating her.
PCHeintz72 wrote:2. Again, on the assumption they would not want to make him resentful of them, I doubt they would deny him anything as long as they could insure he did not die or hurt his procreative abilities.

We are talking about Ranma here? The guy who lets anyone with authority boss him around? If he'd let his father select who he has to marry, he'd probably let the Emperor of Japan convince him to cooperate. You're also assuming he has any first-hand knowledge of the act, rather than just the speculation of his classmates.
You're also neglecting the method used to procure the sample.
PCHeintz72 wrote:3. They could most likely hardly stop him were they to try without risking affecting him in ways that would ruin his abilities of procreation.

They could easily use psychological pressure. He doesn't have the Western mindset that he's entitled to do what he wants.
PCHeintz72 wrote:4. Does not that then sort of negate the purpose of the story.

Nope, they'd have to explain everything you take for granted he knows. I suspect he's quite naive in that regard.
Think about it, his father is always talking about being manly, and only had one kid, where weepy Soun has three.
Innortal wrote:I just find it funny for the person who has to explain to Ranma how he is supposed to give them the samples.

Waking him up every few words would be the main problem, initially.
MacShimi wrote:Daniel,
Seriously: read the 'Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine' and read a few other reputable books on Chinese medicine. You'll see what I mean. It's impossible for Ranma to not know the things I'm speaking about, he'd have to at least mention them. If you’re happier reading a fictionalised account, read ‘Tales of a Wandering Taoist’ by Deng Min Dao. This is the sort of background that Ranma had when growing up, so it’s really strange seeing him react in such a westernised manner.

Ranma wouldn't mention them in this story because initially he was in ignorance of why he was being held and kept as a female. He was cutting down on his martial arts activities not to enhance his marital arts abilities, but because the Emperor and Empress of Japan asked/begged him too. That's answer enough for Ranma. Besides, he was female during this entire time.
Then he was terrified that his mother would kill him.
Then he was frightened that Akane would kill him.
Finally when he might had started thinking about it, he was busy being unconscious.
There was never a time in this fic when it would come up. If there was a following chapter, then it might occur.
pspinler wrote:What I'd wonder W.R.T. this plot is: wouldn't Ryoga, Taro, and Mousse all be candidates for the same treatment Ranma got? If I recall, this only sterilized male *humans*. (If it sterilized all male mammals, this world would face a lot more problems ...)
-- Pat

B'man wrote:Essentially, Pat, Ranma was female when the problems started, and somehow the guv realised what was happening and the enormity of it (don't ask me how) and intercepted her before she changed back. We can assume that the other curse-bearers had spent some time in their male human form before they could be found and thus had been affected.

Ryoga and Mousse might have been given the choice to serve alongside Ranma, and were unwilling to let Ranma live. If the powers that be had a choice between Ranma, who can be swayed by reason or tears, and two who were unwilling to budge, they get rid of the threat to their best candidate. It would be too much of a risk that the three of them would kill each other or destroy their usefulness. Taro probably would have been a guy before the authorities could get to him (he doesn't live in one of the largest cities on Earth like the rest of the cast).
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C