Usagi & the Japanese Spring of Drowned Ginger Fighting Girl

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Usagi & the Japanese Spring of Drowned Ginger Fighting Girl

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:02 am

I never intended for this to be a case of Ranma having no agency. I mean that would be like OOhh Ranma's our narator. Lets see how much we can have him mangle the gods eye commentary. What? No Ranma has to be able to interact with Usagi and what part of the possibility of Ranma going back to Nerima to see what has happened makes it seem like I thought Ranma would have no control and be only an observer in attempting something like that? Sending Usagi there would be potential murder.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:14 am

Spokavriel wrote: I never intended for this to be a case of Ranma having no agency. I mean that would be like OOhh Ranma's our narator. Lets see how much we can have him mangle the gods eye commentary. What? No Ranma has to be able to interact with Usagi and what part of the possibility of Ranma going back to Nerima to see what has happened makes it seem like I thought Ranma would have no control and be only an observer in attempting something like that? Sending Usagi there would be potential murder.

Usagi is a young girl. Even Happosai leaves them alone that young. She'd probably be safe in Nerima, unless Ranma stuck his psychic head out and said "hello". On the other hand, that's just the sort of thing Ranma would do.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Yeah um Ranma doesn't do inconspicuous that well. And then think about the age mushrooms. Some of the enemies are not beyond attacking a kid that they believe can fight back.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Too bad this doesn't happen to Usagi when she's between three and six years old. Then Ranma could give Happosai a lot of grief because he has a soft spot for young children and she would know what buttons to press. ;p

frice2000 wrote:True if the whole story revolves around spirits. This did not seem to since as summarized it seems the main points of conflict would be Usagi's and Ranma was simply a passenger. That he gained a body back so he could actually be an agent in his own destiny makes that development worthwhile again. The stories you refer to that have a spirit only as an observer who has no agency in anything really don't interest me.

If something isn't a main character or a prevalent element/theme, that does not exclude it from it ("it" being something that can think for itself) being able to experience character growth. Your reasoning so far is very arbitrary and makes absolutely no sense. I get it if you don't like the idea, but you can't substitute logic with bias.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:56 pm

A fic like that already exists only with Ranma reincarnated as a Chibi-Usa who is trying to change the future she came from.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Where she does that to Happosai, you mean? Is that at the Anime Addventure?
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Bun-Fu Fighting in here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4697579/10/Et_Cetera (there's more then just one look for all the chapters with "Bun-fu" in the title they are a little scattered) that happens where a 'young' Ranma messes with Happosai.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas