More random fanart from the fatman

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

More random fanart from the fatman

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:29 am

New thread because fixing the broken links in the old one is like pulling teeth.

Ash from misfile, my favorite webcomic. Like Ranma, Ash is actually a boy.

Trying out a few new shading techniques, especially for hair.
Last edited by mondu_the_fat on Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:32 am

Very cute.

Body language and form matches Ash very well.

Shading and shadows seem to be good.

Oh, your avatar is very cute too. Heh cake.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Thanks! My avatar was done for the anniversary of another site, but the picture has some problems (I screwed up the colors, b/w not fitting for a birthday pic, probably better if she popped out of the cake, etc).

The full pic, "It's your Birthday! Make a Wish!"
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby DCG » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:36 pm

Good pose, and i like that look on her face.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:23 pm

I like the picture too. Misfile is my favourite webcomic. And I'm still rooting for an Ash/Emily pairing. It's nice to see how the authot managed to introduce another love interest for Ash just after Emily acknowledged her own feelings for Ash.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:07 pm

That is impresive.

What is it about Misfile that draws Ranma fans? It's one of my favourites as well.

Out of interest, how do you do these? A scanned pencil drawing, colloured on a computer? 3D Modeling?
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:37 am

Atlan wrote:That is impresive.

What is it about Misfile that draws Ranma fans? It's one of my favourites as well.

Out of interest, how do you do these? A scanned pencil drawing, colloured on a computer? 3D Modeling?

Maybe it has to do with the whole 'gender bending' theme? :lol:

I've read a little of Misfile, but I haven't read anymore for about a year or two. I can't quite remember.

Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki is another one I need to get back to. *If you don't know, it's about a boy who has a thing for magical girls. One day he buys a video, and the 'magical animal' from the video ends up turning him into a magical girl.*
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:41 am

Maybe we're all fans of the transgender genre? :D In the fanart section of misfile there's a picture of several boys-turned-to-girls talking about their origins. I wish Ranma was there somewhere.

As for the pictures:

I use Poser 5 for the most part. There are literally hundreds of free models floating around internet, and a lot of costumes can be built by piecing together models from various sources. Sometimes I model (using 3ds495, the 1995 version of 3dsmax) my own clothes, hair, and other props. In extreme cases I go buy the model (gloves, for example, are next to impossible to find free), or request it from someone. The base bodies for both pictures, for example, were bought from daz and RO.

After I put all of it together in poser, I try to edit the picture in Paint shop pro to make it more anime-like, add shadows, color, background, and whatever smoothing necessary. I also use PSP for creating eyes and textures and other small details.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:18 am

Merry Christmas ToRSS!

edit: shadows at their feet darkened.
Last edited by mondu_the_fat on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:39 pm

Very cute.

The lack of shadows on the snow makes them look like they're floating though.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:10 pm

Her arm is at an odd angle. If she had it behind the Snowman it would seem like they were standing together but right now it seems more like it's just out there to point out she's ahead of it. If she were running I'd think it was a chase but it's just well out of place.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:34 pm

Sunshine wrote:Very cute.

The lack of shadows on the snow makes them look like they're floating though.

Which snow? the one at their feet or the one falling?

it's just out there to point out she's ahead of it.

She's actually well ahead of it, although I can see what you mean.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:39 pm

mondu_the_fat wrote:
Which snow? the one at their feet or the one falling?

at their feet.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:56 am

(christmas pic edited)

Damn bangs will be the death of me Getting there... slowly...
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:43 pm

mondu_the_fat wrote:(christmas pic edited)

Damn bangs will be the death of me Getting there... slowly...

It's better. The big problem is that she has two layers of bangs.
Real challenge.

Her chin isn't as pointy as your source though.

Her expression is fun, if overly... cute.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Next

Return to Fan Art