More random fanart from the fatman

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Postby ValkyrieHamster » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:49 am

I think adding the nose would detract a bit from what he's trying to do with the drawing. Seems like a lot of chibi style drawings I've seen don't have a nose added, though I suppose I've also seen some with a slight nose added. I guess it's mainly just about the personal preference of the artist. :3
ValkyrieHamster
Senshi Candidate

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Thanks for the comments!

I won't be placing a nose on Nabiki, for what ValkyrieHamter said, although I do realize that it does look odd (reminds me of FFTactics).

Anyway, some Lucky Star:

WIPs:

"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:55 pm

Very cute.

Nice expression and neat looking hair.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:51 am

My entry to this month's MTGS art contest: Darksteel Mazinger

wip

reference
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:54 am

On the initial sketch and the reference image I have the same problem. The Pelvis is too far forward for the positioning of the legs to keep it from feeling like it should be falling backwards.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:42 am

Agreed. I might have bought that the pose was a strange perspective effect, but the legs don't match that. Instead, I'm getting flashbacks of that song by Right Said Fred, "I'm too sexy".

Hmm....

I'm too sexy for my sword,
too sexy for my sword,
this fight is making me bored.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:57 am

While I agree that the psoe is kinda weird, I got hit by last song syndrome... too sexy:D
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:58 am

This colored image helps me with my issue on the legs. Without the shading the right leg being thinner made it seem awkward and it was harder to notice the bend in the knee.

If it were shifted so that leg was in the same position but it was the one further back in frame instead of the thicker one I'd have an easier time with how far out of frame the pelvis is.

Rephrasing attempt because I'm confusing myself this morning.

With the Right leg being the front leg but also having the bent knee for the plant foot it doesn't support the weight well enough.

Edit: I pray the song doesn't get mentioned again in my life time. I never liked it and wish it had never been penned into existence.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:51 am

In my search for refs I came across this:

Aphrodite A

Being the mature individual that I am, I only LOL'd for about an hour or so. Actually 3 hours, but who's counting.

Heh, phallic symbol they're not.

After I recovered, I decided to skip out on mazinger. He just doesn't seem awesome anymore compared to that.

In the meantime, here's the pilot. Sayaka Yumi, WIP:

ImageImage

refs:

Last edited by mondu_the_fat on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby iiradned » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:05 pm

mondu_the_fat wrote:In my search for refs I came across this:

Aphrodite A

Being the mature individual that I am, I only LOL'd for about an hour or so. Actually 3 hours, but who's counting.

Heh, phallic symbol they're not.

Well, this is a Go Nagai creation.
iiradned
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Now to work on miss maces-for-breasts.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:30 pm

Nice coloring. Her hair looks fun.
Her gloves, however look a bit too flat in their shading, especially her right one.

Is it me or is her head a bit small? Or is that just the style?
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:47 pm

The head did end up kinda small. And the more saturated shading makes me think the right arm is a bit on the thin side too. Not so much in comparison with the body but the proportions between shoulder and elbow seem thinner than it should be for the thickness after the elbow.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:44 am

The head looks fine to me, but that right arm is too stick-figure-ish. It's hard to pinpoint why, but it just looks wrong, especially around the elbow.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby mondu_the_fat » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:29 am

The head does look a bit small, but short of redoing the head, I can't seem to fix it (redoing the skull is ok, redoing the hair is something I'd like to avoid). So, in an attempt to balance it a bit out, I made her a bit more slender, plus gave the right arm a bit more mass. Added a some very slight volume to the hair on top of the head as well.

I was supposed to post aphrodite a tonight, but something happened and the file disappeared. Gah.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art