Ranma 1/2 Fannon Vs Cannon

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Re: Ranma 1/2 Fannon Vs Cannon

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:55 am

I wasn't trying to say it was consistent or got it right only that it was a little more so than Ranma.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LadyRelena » Wed May 25, 2011 4:51 am

I know that this thread has been dead for about three years now but I there was something I needed to know about the Ranma 1/2 Fanon Wiki, Are all the techniques in the techniques section, already used in someones fanfiction or are they just made up by fan's to give ideas to writers?
Ranma/Shampoo, Ranma/Kurumi, Ryoga/Anna, and Ukyo/Ryuu
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Wed May 25, 2011 5:43 am

I think one of the rules of Fannon is that it has to be used frequently enough to be considered somewhat common. If it isn't in a fanfiction at all then how could it be fannon? Something fans do often enough to be mistaken for cannon.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed May 25, 2011 8:34 am

Nabiki taking bets on things is canon; her using the money to keep the dojo afloat is fanon. For fanon to succeed, it must have roots in canon; then the fanficker takes off with it, and if they do a good job, fans assume it's always been there -- or should have been.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby TerraEpon » Wed May 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Nabiki DID take bets in the anime IIRC, at least the first Ranma vs Ryoga fight. So there's that.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LadyRelena » Wed May 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Are these techniques used frequently in fanon? For a lot of these, it's the first time I'm learning about them. I ask because while I'm fairly decent at making up stories arcs and character plots, I'm atrocious at making up new martial arts moves. I don't want to use something thats been done before a bunch of times but at the same time, I can't seem to think of anything original either.
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed May 25, 2011 9:40 pm

LadyRelena wrote:Are these techniques used frequently in fanon? For a lot of these, it's the first time I'm learning about them. I ask because while I'm fairly decent at making up stories arcs and character plots, I'm atrocious at making up new martial arts moves. I don't want to use something thats been done before a bunch of times but at the same time, I can't seem to think of anything original either.

I'm not the best at describing martial-arts melee combat. So I don't do it. Avoid fights, and if you must have them, stick to the amaguriken, the umisenken, and the moko takabisha. Beyond that, "punch", "kick", and "hit" can do the job.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby LadyRelena » Thu May 26, 2011 2:00 am

I could do that but that takes all the details out of the fight. I guess what I'm asking is if the listed techniques has been used before or are well known fannon. If not then I definitely want a stab at it.
LadyRelena
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Thu May 26, 2011 2:04 am

Because of Anything Goes supposed combination of multiple arts it is almost impossible to find a description for physical movement or an actual martial arts position/move that has not been used noticeably in fanfiction.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Fic Research