Japanese law and police

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Japanese law and police

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:59 am

Right, so... I want Nabiki arrested in a story (for extortion and/or blackmail), but I don't want it to be written using cartoon logic. There's little that I know about the processes in America, much less Japan. For instance, is there anything similar to the Miranda warning/rights in use? I'm assuming there's mug shots and fingerprinting, but is it done the same way? If the victim of the crime doesn't press charges, can the city still (or be obligated to) press any? Exactly how would the police arrive and conduct themselves when they make the arrest? And how would her age affect things?
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Japanese law and police

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:35 am

For a good site for reference on Japanese police around time of Ranma, or in anime in general, I use:

Taiho Shichauzo's You're Under Arrest Information Page
It is a older site, and not really maintained as this is an internet archive page, but the info is great.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Okay, thanks, I'll check it out.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:09 pm

I looked the info over, liked it, and saved it to my hard drive. Don't give link-rot a chance to get you! (I'm working hard to avoid bit-rot as well.)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Fic Research