crossover idea twists

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: crossover idea twists

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:16 am

Just finished reading the manga 'Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami'. A very good series for a Ranma crossover I think.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=16568

Great action, cool powers, and beautiful girls. Plot device: Nanban mirror.

EDIT:

Well, sending Ranma to the past is one of the two ideas I had. Here's the other one.

The descendants of the bad guys come back to Japan to try once again to get their hands on the power of the Himegami.

Ranma could be either the new seal or a descendant of the himegami who inherits the power to fight off the youjin.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:11 pm

Shanami wrote:If it were written with the right tone, a story like that could be really really hilarious. It wouldn't work if it tried at all to take itself serious.

But, I'd like to see a story like that, with the added caveat that Minako is still Minako but is attending Hogwarts. After all, Sailor V started out active in London. Besides, I think Minako would get along just perfectly with Sailor Luna, even ignoring the double moon pun.

Oh, and making Mrs. Norris = Luna or Artemis would just be perfect in a makes me want to gouge my eyes out way.

Yes! Luna, aka Mrs. Norris, is so grouchy because she has been looking for Sailor Moon for 40 years, having awoken way too soon. Dealing with student pranks all that time and having to put up with Filch...

Minako's phrase mangling and Luna's creating imaginary creatures on the fly would likely go rather well together. That could even be an easy small cross to make, with Minako attending Hogwarts while in London as the only Senshi present.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:26 pm

And Luna's fur was magicked to different colors so many times she doesn't remember that it was originally black anymore.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:06 am

40 years of Hogwarts Students. That means 2 generations of Weasleys and having been there for all of the mischief that James Potter got up to with his Marauders as well. How would you imagine a cat turning out after all of that experience around Hogwarts students?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:15 pm

coliuswest wrote:kinda cruel thing to do you luna. i mean yean she is a bit of a stick in the mud but no one should have something like that happen to them.

If, as an author, you don't feel that you are being cruel to your characters, then you are probably doing something wrong :P
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:35 am

More like she got hit with the color change spells so many times after a while simply dispelling them no longer got her back to her original color. After more than a decade that way and her memory problems she normally has. Well can you see how she might not be sure of her memories on her original color?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:53 am

Half life 2/ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha!

The Combine, a mulit-dimensional juggernaught, trys to conquer another version of earth- and stumbles onto the TSAB...
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:29 am

Idea for a Ranma/Harry Potter cross.

This idea stems from my first thought about Ryoga's curse in 'Veela One Half'.

Ryoga fals into the spring of drowned house elf and because of his fixation on Ranma he ends up as Ranma's house elf. This could either be a complete crossover or only use the house elf element.

This could lead to a lot of funny moments between Ryoga and Ranma. Ryoga has to follow amy of Ranma's orders, but he would constantly try to find means to misinterpret the orders and make Ranma's life miserable.

As we can see in HP house elves are very powerful and have a lot of autonomy unless they voluntarily go against their master's orders.

It would be funny to sea Ryoga play tricks on Ranma's rivals and fiancées and discredit him by leaving behind some fake evidence that Ranma's the culprit.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:26 pm

I have a different Ranma/Potter twist idea.

You know how Ranma-chan looks But what will she be like as an adult?

There are a few Ranma raises Harry Potter fics. What if Ranma-chan ends up with an identical build and figure (As far as can be seen with clothes on) To Lilly Potter. And just happens to have the same shade of hair?

What happens when Serverus Snape encounters her? Does he even notice the Asian features or does he think some deity has given him another chance at Lilly Evans?

Basically this is a Snape becomes like Tatewaki twist. Anyone want to use it?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Snape plus Tatewaki. Now there is a combination of miracle ingredients! Are you going to have Dumbledore trying to give the students haircuts?
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 pm

No but maybe Professor Sprout. She does have gardening shears.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:47 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Are you going to have Dumbledore trying to give the students haircuts?

Wouldn't that require the special lemon drops from "The Girl Who Loved"?
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous