crossover idea twists

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: crossover idea twists

Postby Makoto » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:07 am

...okay, that made me imagine Minako evolving Artemis with a blue card... 8)
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:36 am

Could you imagine the reaction if Artemis became an angewoman?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby bissek » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:45 am

In the robot stories by Asimov, there is a clearly defined legal line (created in The Bicentennial Man) defining the point that separates a human with cybernetic parts from a robot. Every single member of PSS 9 from Ghost in the Shell, including Togusa, has exceeded this line. That means they are robots, not people, which makes them property, not citizens.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:48 am

Then who's the owner? Aramaki?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby bissek » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Since the definition of a human as defined by the world court in Bicentennial Man was a humanoid being with an organic brain, anyone in the GitS universe with a cyberbrain would be considered a robot under that ruling (Which was sought out by a robot - who had pretty much invented the science of cybernetic prosthetics all by himself and used himself as the guinea pig for all the designs - hoping to find a way to be declared human).

This would have major implications in the GitS universe. Or maybe the existence of humans with prosthetic brains would cause the court to seek some other absolute defining point between man and machine.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:34 pm

bissek wrote:In the robot stories by Asimov, there is a clearly defined legal line (created in The Bicentennial Man) defining the point that separates a human with cybernetic parts from a robot. Every single member of PSS 9 from Ghost in the Shell, including Togusa, has exceeded this line. That means they are robots, not people, which makes them property, not citizens.

Property with a gun and an attitude is not property any more.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:04 pm

I somehow don't see any of them ever following the Laws of Robotics either.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Property with a gun and an attitude is not property any more.

Isn't that the lesson Genom never quite learned? :)
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Anyone ever go for a multicross with Sailor Moon and a bunch of series set in the future using an excuse like the Senshi can't be reincarnated without it being on their home planets or some such to excuse the Dark Kingdom having more or less set up the other dark future Anime settings and the Senshi only first coming together then with a fully populated solar system?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Their reincarnation was redirected to Earth by Q.Serenity
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Stargate Command, meet Sazan Eyes...
"You can not treat a car like a human! A car needs love!" (W. Röhrl)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Gah I should be in bed right now. Well maybe getting this written down might help.

Chibi-Usa is obviously related to Sailor Moon. But what if she has no relation at all to Tuxedo Mask? What if she's from a future where she wouldn't have existed without him getting Usagi and someone else closer together. Perhaps Rei Hino making use of Spring of Drowned Man water? Its not like changing gender was even something that appears like it would have occurred to them before being around the Starlights.

But it could also happen in any season of the series if its done as a Ranma cross.

Biggest advantage is it would fit in with her reactions to the Tuxedo mask puppets being a protector of her mom and all from stories growing up but her clearly willing and able to declare Tuxedo Mask as her boyfriend. Something I could see as an attemp to break Moon and Mask up.

I was also thinking of a reverse twist. One where Small Lady was from a reality where she is related to Mamoron but after he dies one of the Senshi, Most likely Hotaru, finds out about the Nanban mirror and works out a mission to rescue her friend from erasure. Perhaps even making use of Spring of Drowned Twin water so one Usa stays behind while the other gets to come and still be with the rest of them in the time line where she shouldn't still exist.

Well those are what are on my mind keeping me from sleeping. Hopefully I can rest now. Nighty night.

I've seen several variants of this, including one where Ranma was Chibi-usa's mother and Usagi was her father.

As far as the Ghost in the Shell goes, by Bicentennial Man laws they are not human, but in the later Ghost in the Shell stories the law gets written that being human is defined by having a 'ghost.' They can read the existence of a ghost withing even a fully cybernetic individual, and even though they haven't figured out exactly what a ghost is and can't create one, they can copy one from a human brain into a cybernetic brain. A few of the most complex AI have developed a variety of pseudo-ghost, which isn't quite a real ghost but which gives them a bit more adaptability and imagination. Some people theorize that soon they will have AI's that can develop a full ghost, not realizing that one already has(from the first Ghost in the Shell).
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:23 pm

I like the Tachikoma tanks and can't really watch after the sacrifice in the 2nd series. Its still good but just doesn't have the heart I liked in the earlier parts.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:24 am

K-On! / Yes! PreCure 5

...but only because I can imagine Yui trying to convince the other HTT members they should be magical girls. :lol:
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:53 am

Last night I had a strange dream. Kasumi was tending her chores in the garden and she was talking with a Tachikoma that was hanging the laundry for her. Soun was replaced with Bato. But the Tendo Girls were mostly unchanged. Akane was begging to be allowed to be cyberized so she could deal with Baka perverts easier.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous