Story Challanges!

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Postby EdenB » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:59 pm

Challenge Number <Insert whatever number it is here>:

A Mahou Sensei Negima fic that;

1. Isn't a oneshot/have 300 word chapters/etc
2. Has no OC's whatsoever.

Not a descriptive one, but brought on by quickly skimming through the listings for that section and mostly seeing things like OC/American teacher/friend/etc.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby lcpoketoon » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:17 am

Koneko's Warcraft Story Challange!!

The story challange is to have Ranma's girl an cat side wake up in the World of WarCraft as a catgirl. She is the soul of the girl who drowned in the spring but with Ranma's memories. Koneko has all over ranma's memories but not his training, so she she needs to build up her body to fight at his level.Who will she make friends with the Horde or the Alliance? Hope to see some one take up this challange.

Koneko's stats
Race:Catgirl
Class: Martail Artist
Weapon restrictions: none
Armor Restrictions: Only Cloth Armor
Is able to learn skills from any Class Trainer.
Starting Skills:
Neko-ken Strike: She can lash out with her claws enhanced with ki to do X3 damage.
Stone Breaker Fist: X2 damage when she punches.

( You dont' have you use these they are just somehting I wanted to put out there)
::LCpoketoon ducking under a car as things are being blown to hell around him::
LC> An you see Kids this is why you don't give rocket lauchers to catgirls.
[img=http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/489/1177093364737anonibjw5.th.jpg]
lcpoketoon
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kakanma » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:47 pm

A SM Disgaea2 Fusion.

Where Usagi sets out to become the Overlord!

Bonus points for having the SM villains still appearing canon style, and getting beaten up by Usagi's growing army.
"You mean...You'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"
Kakanma
Senshi Cadet

Postby Heaven's Deamon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:58 pm

*blinks* What, a young Usagi is seperated from her parents/orphaned, and then found a wandering "Love Freak" Flonne? And after hearing stories of Flonne's friends Laharl, Etna, and the rest, decides to become an overlord herself?
Apointed Spammer rank D by Fool (AKA Black Dragon) Monday April 9th, 2007

Upgraded to Spammer Rank C by BD (AKA Fool, Black Dragon) Monday April 30th, 2007

Promoted to Spammer Rank B by BD (AKA Fool, Black Dragon) Tuesday May 15th 2007
Heaven's Deamon
Moon Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Naruto/multicrossover

Team 7 get exposed to a messed up jutsu/seal which causes them to accidentally recover memories from past lives.

Sasuke- Harry Potter, except as Sasuke he can't use magic, only chakra, however, there _is_ still something special about his soul after having become the Master of Death...
Sakura- Lina Inverse, but this isn't one of the 4 universes, she was reincarnated outside of them, and like Sasuke the magic from her world doesn't function outside of it. However, like Sasuke, there is something special about her soul after she'd been killed while casting the Giga Slave to cause it to go out of control and was mysteriously brought back...
Naruto- Hikaru Shidou, and Cephiro magic doesn't work here any better than it does on Earth whose soul was changed when she became the pillar (regardless of having changed the rules)...
Kakashi- Shinji Ikari, remembering both the original world and his re-created world where everything is relatively normal and happy, and never had any special powers, at least not until his soul was changed when he became the key to the Instrumentality...

Bonus points:
- Coming up with a reason the soul changes are significant
- Naruto having flowery shoujo moments and SD nekomimi moments
- Inner-Sakura being a reflection of Lina's personality, who hates pink... and when she gets her memories back, takes over to get a dye job on her hair!
- Sasuke teaching ninja arts Dumbledore's Army style to the rookie 9, or at least trying to...
- Sasuke with a 'saving people thing'
- Kakashi... wondering what the heck is going on!!?
- Naruto's new sexy-no-jutsu... a sword wielding red haired girl... who is mistaken for a younger Uzumaki Kushina brought back from the dead!
- Team 7 briefly meeting Ryoga and Mihoshi, one of whom is just very lost, and the other just messed something up in Washuu's lab, and getting asked for directions to Earth, Japan...
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby bissek » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:28 pm

A Ranma/SM cross where Ranma in his Senshi Ally persona is interested in a Senshi, and Ranma in his civilian persona is interested in a girl who is secretly a Senshi - who is not the Senshi he is interested in. Every Ranma/Senshi/Civilian form of Senshi lover triangle I've ever seen resolves with the civilian and the Senshi being revealed to be the same person.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Kilich » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:38 pm

Sorry for possible offtopic and feel free to remove it if it useless, but...

I challenge myself to write my newest Fate\stay night fic idea in a very good fanfic. -.-
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:26 pm

I'd love to see someone write a Ranma/Sailor Moon Divergence fic where Ranma is from a divergent time line that had the Phoenix pill destroyed. Smashed by Akane when the locket is in Shampoo's possession would be extra cruel and slightly ironic since Akane is always called Pervert Girl and would be making it so there couldn't be a return for Boy Type Ranma.

And for a cruel twist, having whatever the Senshi work out to cure the CatsTongue pressure point. Be it the Silver Crystal, Saturn healing the nerve used to create the Heat reaction in the first place or anything else that you want to create through Mercury's studies and scans. I'd like it to have a side effect of locking Ranma-chan's curse. Any other side effects at your discretion.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Jomasten » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:50 pm

(Damn, so this is where the Challenge thread was!)

Okay, I'd fancy a Naruto/Gurren Lagann challenge, where in fact, Naruto is Simon and Nia's child, with Nia's 'flower-eyes'. The cause for this is that, instead of safely returning to [insert whatever world/planet TTGL was set in], the Anti-Spiral dominion used the last of its strength to knock Simon and Nia's 'pod' off course, and, Viral, who managed to get to their pod in time with whatever was left of Gurren, was in fact late as he was also pushed in the same course Simon and Nia is in. And they landed in [insert whatever world/planet Naruto was set in].

I'll leave the semantics of how Nia survives the Anti-Spiral degradation. Though, I am expecting a connection between chakra and Spiral energy... And Viral as Naruto's godfather, who secretly watches over Naruto as he grows up. And Epic one-liners, with Naruto using the 'Who the hell do you think I am' speech as much as he uses 'dattebayo'. Oh, and Akatsuki is in fact trying to become Anti-Spiral beings.
[SILENCE! You are distracting my concentration to distract myself.]

[Otherwise, I will distract you enough that you can concentrate on distracting yourself!]
Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:23 pm

A massive multi-fusion where in the future several now cosmic multiplanar beings meet up and get together to design their own world as something of a game. The fun part is who these beings are and watching them plan this world, and mess with it's inhabitants.

The stars:

Akumachi Pam, mistress of the Tupsumati (Stray Little Devil)
Franklin Richards, reality warping level psychic mutant
Hikaru Shidou, the Pillar of the altered Cephiro
Suzumiya Haruhi, finally aware of her own powers
Masaki Tenchi, has evolved his powers to the point of surpassing the 3 choushin
Ikari Shinji, retaining powers from the End of Evangelion to re-make the world

They take on forms resembling their younger forms and personalities from before they reached these levels of power out of something like nostalgia, as well as similar reasons to the reason Washuu takes a child form. Hints of what has happened to them since and changes to their knowledge, maturity, and personalities because of this can be shown, especially in their motives and perception, but their interactions with each other and personal choices should mostly resemble the forms they are taking, other than the fact that they are all cosmic beings of inconceivable power now.
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby EdenB » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:00 pm

Harry Potter/Card Captor Sakura crossover challenge:

Time:

Just before Sakura becomes the Card Captor and either slightly before or slightly after Harry learns of magic.

Summary:

Sakura Kinomoto is dying. <Insert Higher Power> here decides that she has to live, to fulfill her destiny as the Card Captor. To live, she needs the power of a magical human soul. Said higher power chooses Harry because of his own destiny or power and tricks him into helping without mentioning that he'd be merging personalities and leaving his body for a female one. His soul is transfered into Sakura's body and they merge. Harry's personality is prevalent but Sakura's is still strong too, leading to sort of a mix.

General idea for pairing confusion: Part of Sakura/Harry liking Yukito, but the other hating the idea of liking a guy. Part falling for Tomoyo and the other completely embarressed. Shaoran liking Sakura/Harry, but them being oblivious and uninterested. Tomoyo loving Sakura/Harry (possibly more than is healthy), but being worried about the big change in personality.

Bonus points:

1) Trying to learn magic other than Clow Cards

2) Managing to pull off confusion about the sudden personality change by almost everyone.

3) Following the general storyline as far as cards released and need to capture them but with different details (order of cards, methods of capture, what happens in the battle, etc) and more of a focus on the character interaction and things outside the battles.

4) Gender confusion and embarressing situations.

5) Even more bonus points for keeping any romance as a subplot only and having something original.

Reasons for Challenge:

1) Because everything seems to be Sakura/Shaoran with a focus on that. I'm still looking for a good Sakura/Tomoyo.

2) Since I've not seen a Card Captor Sakura/HP crossover that doesn't take place in Hogwarts/UK.

3) I've never seen someone tried merged personalities apart from a few in redo fics. Never with completely different people instead of a past self. They have very different personalities too.

4) I'd love to see someone pull something so confusing off and it'd be different than the usual pair up fic.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:33 pm

Cool early Sakura:

A Naruto story, largely Sakura centric, mostly cannon Narutoverse, where Sakura kicks ass, takes names, and has special skills beyond 'good chakra control', even if it just a use of that control to do something like genjutsu.

The story should probably start/diverge after the battle of the bridge, but with some time yet before the chuunin exams for Sakura to get some training in, although it could start as soon as right after the bell test.

Sakura should be reminded of her ninja skills being wanting in some way, or have a near-death experience that either awakens a special power or motivates her to seek out training. She should then get at least some training time in before the chuunin exams to develop these new skills and become more competent a ninja otherwise.

Possible suggestions:

-Sakura is related to a samurai clan of fire country, although her parents don't carry the direct lineage, or any ninja lineage, they do have a clan kenjutsu style using the katana that is pretty good, although it doesn't have any energy using techniques, it has pretty good physical ones and training to it. Optionally, this could be mixed with a slight crossover/fusion with Tenchi Muyo GXP and have this samurai clan be the Ten'nan clan, and have Sakura wind up getting training from her pompous 'Uncle Serio', a noted kenjutsu master and one of the strongest samurai in the service of the Diyamo. Also optionally there might actually be some energy use or special power behind this samurai ancestry, and ninjas aren't the only ones with special powers, perhaps the use of just physical energy or just spiritual energy, without also using chakra.

-Inner-Sakura is something special, either a hint of a kekkei-genkai mental power Sakura didn't know about, a spiritual connection to a kami of some sort that Sakura hasn't realized the truth of prior to this, or perhaps a reflection of a personality from a past life.

-Sakura's pink hair really is a special trait, and in fact related to her namesake, Sakura has a clan connected in some way to cherry tree kami, perhaps a chosen line of miko, or a dryad ancestress, or a blessing of a cherry blossom goddess, or an ancient ritual used to bind her clan to a powerful ancient cherry tree with mystical properties.

-Sakura hardly trains, diets, except as requested by the academy, yet she is able to keep up with normal ninja combat and training to a degree, and shows genius intelligence and exceptional chakra control. What happens when she stops dieting, starts training seriously? Does she have some sort off special heritage, like a demon ancestor that grants her superhuman attributes that previously didn't display because she never pushed herself and was malnourished, but even malnourished and hardly training, she still possessed greater than normal for a ninja of her level physical strength, chakra control, intelligence, and reflexes?

-Sakura has a large forehead, maybe the reason for this is she is supposed to have something there, such as a 3rd eye or mystical symbol that will appear if a seal against it breaks, in the case of a 3rd eye she doesn't have to be identical to sanjiyan from 3x3 eyes, it could be something original to that fic, but perhaps similar to the sanjiyan. Maybe she'll grow horns under some circumstances that come out of her forehead. Whatever it is, she seems to have some sort of kekkei genkai or special ancestry.

-Or perhaps it is some combination of the above, or something else original.

Penalties:
-yaoi or shounen-ai
-focusing on a relationship, besides possibly some crushes, these are 12 year old kids here, for heaven's sakes
-dobe!Naruto, gay!Sasuke, neglectful!Kakashi, worshiped!Sharingan
-fangirl!Sakura lasting more than the first couple chapters
-overpowered techniques and skills before time-skip by the 12, keep it around the limits shown in cannon skill and power wise by various members, they can all be stronger than cannon, but preferably not surpassing the cannon experts, like Tenten in weapons, or Lee or Neji in taijutsu, Naruto in stamina, Sasuke in ninjutsu, Sakura or Shikamaru in intelligence or the like
-learning medical jutsu before Tsunade is brought back to Konoha as Hokage by Naruto
-learning Tsunade's method of super strength without Tsunade's help or medical ninja training

Bonuses:
-Repair friendship with Ino early
-get over crush on Sasuke
-training with and better friendship with Naruto, helping him catch up his academic and life skills, and helping him learn the academy taught skills and knowledge he missed out on due to teacher prejudice, and learning to read and write properly
-learning genjutsu from Kurenai and helping Hinata build up self-confidence at the same time
-explaining and getting special skills related to Inner-Sakura
-learning from scrolls from Konoha library
-neither of Sakura's parents are ninja, both are alive, and she doesn't have any known ninja ancestors at start of fic
-Sakura or Inner-Sakura developing blood lust
-Sakura using brains in battle, although not necessarily like Shikamaru does it
-Sakura merging with Inner-Sakura
-Sakura discovering lost family scrolls in attic/basement
-reason for pink hair
-reason for large forehead
-reason for super strength when angry at Naruto
-'Uncle Serio' mentioned above
-mental based special abilities related to genius and/or Inner-Sakura, either genjutsu related or psionic/spiritual
-defeating Ino in some sort of match during which the possession jutsu is overwhelmed like cannon
-Shoujo-ai with Ino
-getting some sort of training from Genma, Hayate, Anko, or Inoichi
-Naruto transforming into a girl-version that isn't naked or adult and hanging out with Sakura in that form for some reason, such as to go shopping without being cheated by the villagers, or to spy on Sakura and find out how to get her to like him, or Sakura making him take such a form and go through some kunoichi training as a punishment when she sees him use orike-no-jutsu.
-Sakura hitting Lee at some point when he freaks her out much like she does to Naruto when he pisses her off in a comical manner, and Lee considering this an expression of feminine youth to correct his boyish mistake of coming on too strongly, and promptly trying to 'take it slowly' with her in some ridiculous way or otherwise find some new way to impress her, and apologizing for his mistake, perhaps asking Gai for girl advice
-Sakura's parents are regular civilians, but have similar opinions of her to how Morobishi Ataru is treated by his parents, they never wanted her and let her know so readily, and see her as a burden and a source of weirdness in their lives for some reason, even if it is just that she was born with the freakish looking traits of pink hair and large forehead if that isn't ancestral. Thus she had a rough childhood despite having parents, and Naruto and Kakashi, and possibly Sasuke coming to understand this, perhaps they even forced her to become a ninja in order to make her able to be adult and self-supporting sooner, and they make her do lots of chores like the Dursleys do to Harry
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Gah, I know I'm not supposed to doubble post, but I've been waiting for a chance to post another challenge, just because I like coming up with them, and nobody has posted anything in the challenge thread for a while. :oops: :evil:

Anyway, this is sort of a themed Ranma re-write. The objective is to take Ranma from start to finish, but _not_ do it Takahashi style, and make the background world more consistent and logical, and perhaps the characters a bit more competent and normal, and perhaps reduce the misunderstandings a bit, or at least make them have less exaggerated slapstick moments and reduce it to slaps that leave hand prints on the face or something, rather than bashing people with tables.

The main idea is to take Ranma, and re-do it as if it were written by Ken Akamatsu within a universe that is very similar to the one in Mahou Sensei Negima! and have the whole setting an things make more sense, much like things in Negima! do, even try to fit it into the Negima! world without getting mixed up with their main characters or plot, possibly ignoring that their plot is happening altogether but bringing in some of the major characters from it, such as the leaders of the Kanto and Kyoto Mage Associations.

Ranma done by Akamatsu:

Some of the things to consider is working out more details about how Jyuusenkyo curses and things related to them operate, and how the world treats them. Obviously magic is being kept secret from the general populace, perhaps Jyuusenkyo victims have to hide their curses, and might get banished to the magical world if their curses come out, and everyone who found out about them will have memories modified (keeping Nabiki from exploiting Ranma's curse as much as she might otherwise) which forces Ranma to be more secretive about the curse. Perhaps Nerima has some sort of connection with the magical world, as does Furinkan, maybe Nerima is the district where the Koga ninja clan is based and they arranged for Furinkan High to be filled with secret passages and traps intended for young ninjas in training, but Ranma gets to use for quick changes, similar to Futaba-kun Change! and most of the faculty knows about the magical world and are secretly ninja with maybe a few different sorts of mages and super-martial artists mixed in.

Perhaps the curses don't originate from 'China' at all, although Ranma and Genma traveled through there on their way back and only claimed that area, but in truth they'd used a gateport in China to get to and from the magical world, but Soun doesn't want his daughters learning about the magical world just yet, or at all, and is only letting them learn about magic existing due to the complications of trying to hide Ranma and Genma's curses within the household and with the terms of Ranma and Genma's arrival. Maybe the reason Ranma and Genma aren't cured yet isn't because of not knowing how to get cured, but because it is ridiculously expensive to get the cure, like 1 million Dachama in the magical world or something, and they actually had to pretend not to be cursed in order to get through gateport customs, so they might get in trouble if it is found out the difficult to hide Jyuusenkyo curses are on victims who made it through to the old world. Maybe Ryoga managed to stumble through gateport a couple times in order to get cursed as well, and the Amazons originate from the magical world, but also use the 'China' excuse at Ranma's request later on when there isn't a language barrier. Maybe Dr. Tofu is familiar with the magical world, if not a semi-competent mage/healer himself, although perhaps not particularly powerful, maybe he uses mana based power ups rather than ki based ones in his martial arts.

One of the big changes would be various techniques and fights. I'd suggest eliminating most of the 'pressure point' stuff, and changing it to weird magical drugs or minor curses, perhaps Cologne uses a needle doused with a magical drug on the end of her staff in order to give Ranma the weakness to hot water, and Dr. Tofu feeds Ranma a one time use magic drug in the fight with Mousse to allow him to use hot water once for a temporary time in order to fight in his male form. I'd recommend eliminating the need to use specific emotions for ki blasts, and switch out Amaguriken training for a bit of more regular speed training and shundo, making it so that Ranma needs shundo to keep up with chasing Cologne, and speed training to keep up with her close up movements fast enough to try and get the phoenix pill. Then I'd make training in ki blasts more of a sort of not too difficult but rarely mastered next step once your ki skills are good for proper battle auras and shundo, maybe involve some special focusing training, and have them rarely shown outside of super-martial arts circles because of the secrecy of the magic world.

Maybe the Amazons do live in China, but come from near a gateport there and are one of the tribes that guard and regulate it, and hide themselves from the modern world with magic.

I'd reduce the kisses of death and marrige and make it so that there are more solid and agreeable outs to them, maybe make it so they are some sort of romance thing, rather than laws, but a cultural standard that is up to the choice of the Amazon in question giving them, and there is little dishonor in giving them up, but Shampoo happens to be particularly stubborn, and Cologne later thinks Ranma is a good catch, or maybe make the kiss of death be 'chase to the ends of the earth and defeat, either kill or beat up' and the kiss of marriage be optional to the Amazon, she can give it up in certain circumstances like the target being ugly or inhuman or already married with kids.

I'd also make the curses have more specific terms of temperature, perhaps a certain number of degrees above or below base human body temperature or based on the temperature at the springs, like it has to be a certain amount hotter or colder than Jyuusenkyo, and perhaps this causes weird things with the triggers when funny things happen at Jyuusenkyo, like perhaps some underground hot springs occasionally leak into the springs, heating them up, and making it require uncomfortably hot temperatures to change back with the curses of the pools the hot water leaked into for a while, which is hard to predict for the curse victims, leaving Ranma occasionally having the normal hot water fail to turn him back, and need a hotter temperature by varying amounts for a while after that until the pool cools down again back at Jyuusenkyo. You could even have Ranma order a little magic talisman from Jyuusenkyo products that keeps track of the temperature of the Nyanniichuan pool and lets him know if water is hot enough by sticking it in the water in order to change him back.

I'd cover things like the origins of Jyuusenkyo, how Jyuusenkyo products company does business with magic world people, (possibly online sales on the magi-net) how the curses work, how they are cured, why the place hasn't been destroyed, how Ranma and Genma wound up there and got accidentally cursed, etc. (Maybe the springs are a punishing ground for magical world minor criminals, and Genma and Ranma got in trouble with some sort of minor crime committed by Genma or both of them, not enough that they got enslaved, or turned into Ermines, or imprisoned, but enough to get cursed, or maybe it was a known cursed ground, but they tried to take a short-cut through it without knowing about it while running from some people they'd somehow pissed off, or maybe the curses are known about and generally avoided, but still draw in unwary victims who travel through the area with powers of their own that the spirits of the area control, and the springs are powered like dark magic by the pain and suffering of the victims caused by the curses, but they are careful to keep the victims alive still as well, to continue to suffer, as the pain of death isn't good for their power, or their true objective is to teach lessons, even if they are powered by negative emotions)

I'd drop the whole Hiryuu Shoten Ha thing and change the ultimate weakness arc so that it would be something like Happosai blocks Ranma's ability to use ki somehow, perhaps with some sort of curse trap or magic drug that gives him a magic aura that conflicts, forcing him to learn some sort of magic based power up, and Ranma winds up learning a magic based power up through Cologne or some other character, and perhaps makes a pactio with someone (maybe Dr. Tofu?) and gets a pactio artifact that creates some sort of special wind attack or something that turns an opponent's ki against themselves similar to the HSH, but as a special power just belonging to Ranma and his pactio artifact, and Ranma's skill at using the artifact increases with appropriate new tricks figured out in times for facing Herb and Saffron.

With Hinako, you'd probably have to drop the age shifting, but you could keep the energy drain power, just have her do it with a coin on a string and pretend it is a form of hypnosis to cause students to cool off, when really it is some sort of magic trick to drain ki auras, and she can fire them back in blasts later, perhaps she is even some sort of hanyou, and takes a child form when really tired, and has to hide in that state, but Ranma and some of his associates and those in on magic find out while Ranma is trying to defeat her, because she gets tired from fighting Ranma. Instead of pressure points on her chest, maybe her hanyou side is some sort of succubus, and grabbing her breasts from behind and flaring your ki just a bit makes you temporarily immune to her draining power, as revealed by Happosai, and you can eventually make it so that succubus can't drain you if you do it every day for a month, which succubus have in the way their abilities so that they can avoid draining mates they like or a permanent mate, and Ranma only finds out the full details of this after managing to pull it off once, causing some extra mis-understandings and amusing Happosai. Maybe Hinako's child form reflects the age of her succubus heritage, which makes her grow up slower than humans, and she is actually shape shifting to appear the real human age, so the child form is her true form, with her wings and tail and horns hidden, while the adult form needs energy for her to maintain.

Ryoga's great strength could perhaps involve some sort of hanyou heritage as well, maybe he has an oni ancestor or something else that is where his fangs and super levels of strength come from, and the breaking point training would be some sort of magic barrier super armor from his hanyou heritage Cologne helps him unlock as she senses his heritage, and Ranma would counter it by learning a ki striking technique to enhance his blows with a ball of ki around them like Kadae does in some of Chao's tournament during the festival, rather than super-fast punches like cannon Takkahashi Ranma.

Changes would of course have to take place, and some characters might have to be changed, high level battles couldn't happen at random in public places without weird excuses, like Mousse having them take place as part of a fake circus act and pretending they are slight of hand type magic show tricks. Some extreme stuff would have to be dropped in order to avoid things being taken too seriously by people, such as Mousse wouldn't be able to be throwing around Jyuusenkyo water or trying to curse people with it, and probably couldn't have transported it, or if he did, it was more of a bluff and temporary embarrassment type thing and the water was actually the instant version, or once removed from the original pools all Jyuusenkyo water becomes the instant version. Ranma would never be able to reveal the curse to the school at large, or the public at large through mostly ignored accidents, Happosai couldn't have a giant form battle in the middle of the city, etc. I'd also make Happosai and Cologne a bit less short and more looking like normal humans, or perhaps have Happosai be cursed into Ermine form and an escapee from the magical world Ermine prison who has managed to re-awaken his powers even as an Ermine, and Ranma can't turn him in because he'll turn Ranma and Genma, Jyuusenkyo victims in the old world, in as well.

I'd also drop the whole seppuku contract thing, but perhaps instead make it so that Nodoka is connected to magical world authorities, and very serious about the law, and not know Ranma and Genma are cursed, but be after Genma over some crimes in the magical world to turn him in, despite being her husband, and Genma convinces him she'll send Ranma away too, so they have to hide from her in cursed form, but Ranma eventually just wants to meet his mother for real even if she'll turn him in and he'll go to prison in the magic world, only for Nodoka to find out the circumstances and arrange some leniency for her son, and because of that incidentally Genma as well, and they wind up having to continue hiding their curses and do some sort of community service or something with Nodoka as their parole officer, which takes relatively little time out of their day, and has little story impact, or Ranma slips out due to being a minor, but Genma is sent away for a few weeks or a couple months or so, maybe time goes faster in the magical world so Genma is gone for a long time in the magical world, but comes back much quicker in the regular world, like two months in magical world prison doing labor, but it winds up only being a few weeks in the old world.

I might make Nodoka a shinmei-ryu practitioner just for the hell of it, although not necessarily a very good one.

Genma, I might make his style similar to 'Death Glasses' Takahata in using the iiaken, although just with ki, not any kanka techniques, combined with the dirty tricks and stuff of the Anything Goes style, and a certain level of general competence, and maybe a few ninja techniques.

Soun I'd give some half-assed illusion aura tricks and perhaps some weapons skills, and otherwise just basic anything goes and martial arts ki stuff, not really in Genma's league, but able to use ki with weapons, and skilled in weapons use more than Genma is, as well as better at counter-attacks and being on the defensive and the ground in one place than Genma to counteract Genma's aerial techniques.

I'd probably have Taro's cursed form be a demon, the phoenix people be some sort of demon race of the magical world that lives near Jyuusenkyo and is connected to it's origins, and Saffron be some sort of god-like entity to them and somehow immortal in the sense of his reincarnation and regenerative powers, and generally having much greater powers than the other phoenix people, mostly related to fire.

I'd have a reason the Kaiisfuu wound up in Japan of all places on some hidden island, perhaps one cloaked by magic by the enemies of the Musk, maybe done by the Amazons, but there has since been improved relations and the musk finally found need of the Kaiisfuu, so Cologne is forced to give away the map, or maybe only really gives away the map because only Herb can awaken the Kaiisfuu's powers but she expects Ranma to follow him there and get unlocked as well after Herb locks him.

I might come up with some modifications of various other characters and their techniques, bring in some characters from Negima! if not directly, then mentioned in passing as important or famous people in the magic world or as past people Ranma or Genma might have met, pissed off, or trained under or with. I'd also have Happosai use some means and tricks from the Negima! manga or that fit into similar themes and change some of the stuff Ranma runs into in his adventures to more reflect things in an Akamatsu style. Perhaps the Orochi is a powerful sealed demon from ancient times like that one at the Kyoto arc that had been sealed by Nagi's group originally, and seems to have been defeated by Eva, and the whistle Akane is given is a sealing key, but they need to wake it up to get the moss to heal Ryuunosuke, who got a head injury, and it will fully heal his injury, and re-seal it once they have the moss, but just getting the moss is a tough battle, made a bit easier since the Orochi has a weird thing for girls, and it was originally sealed by the legendary warrior of ancient times Susanoh-O who was perhaps an early practitioner of the precursor to the Shinmei-ryuu, and Rozengenwa is warded to keep normal people away and hide the magic there, but maintained for the magical resources it offers, and Ryuunosuke's family has been charged with guarding it and regulating the use of the resources there, and occasionally gathering moss to sell on magical markets for making various magical cures and healing potions, and gathering even more of the water of life for various lesser potions, but his grandfather is too old to deal with the Orochi on his own anymore, and Ryuunosuke's head injury blocks most of his memories of his skills, so he's only fighting at about 1/4th strength, with none of his advanced techniques, but once he's been healed he is a fully competent user of a modified lesser family branch of the shinmei-ryuu specialized for fighting the giant animals in Rozengenwa without harming them and the Orochi to harvest moss, but they need Akane and Ranma to help because they are competent martial artists, neither Ryuunosuke or his grandfather are at full strength, and Ryuunosuke only accidentally managed to get Akane there, and only a virgin girl channeling her ki or magic power somehow can properly blow the whistle. A comedy point could be that you might have Ranma be the one to blow the whistle in girl form in the end, only to be teased about being a girl by Akane and Ryoga as far as the whistle's powers go, when Ranma had initially refused the whistle when Ryuunosuke's grandfather had tried to get her to use it, and fobbed it off on Akane, who perhaps lost it in the course of the battle and Ranma found it and had to use it right away to save someone, or perhaps turned out not to be able to channel her energies properly to use it, or didn't have enough of the right kind of power.

Some possible comical extras you might use are having Akane form a pactio with someone, perhaps Ranma or Dr. Tofu, and wind up getting a magic mallet artifact to poke fun at fannon, which can only deal non-lethal damage, so she summons it when angry at Ranma to batter him as much as she wants, as it only causes pain, not real damage. Gosunkugi as an incompetent onimyudo mage whose parents are members of the Kyoto Mage Accociation working in Nerima unable to summon strong enough demons to protect him while using incantations or cast spells of any worth or power, who buys various products on the magi-net to try and defeat Ranma with or find ways to increase his magical power, and perhaps later takes Ranma as a pactio partner in order to work with him to defeat someone threatening Akane, and have him jealous of Ranma's magical potential power, and irritated that Ranma doesn't even use it, but focuses on ki stuff, so he tries various means to use Ranma's energy to do big spells or steal Ranma's magical potential for himself. Have the neko-ken be an attempt to give Ranma the ability to use beast spirit techniques (like Kotaro uses) gone wrong, perhaps because Genma made a wrong squiggle somewhere in the magic array he used, or it wasn't meant for humans to use, and was from a scroll stolen from a cat-demon tribe, or Ranma has some distant cat-demon hanyou ancestry, perhaps from Nodoka's side, that Genma knew about, but while Nodoka could use the techniques normally, in Ranma the ancestry is just one generation too distant and it caused weird side effects and exposed Ranma to energies he couldn't handle that traumatized his mind and spirit, either way, Ranma can use it, but only by losing his mind and starting to act like a cat from his fear of cats induced by the trauma of the training or perhaps being caught and tortured for a while by the cat demon tribe as punishment for stealing their technique, or a side effect of the training not being meant for humans, maybe later Ranma could find a way to master it properly before a bigger battle, and possibly gain a cat hanyou type form he usually suppresses, but like Setuna he has to let out to access his full power, but of course can't do in public in the old world without weird excuses like cosplay costumes.

I'd probably have principal Kuno having been associated with the Koga ninja clan, perhaps one of their larger clients and allies, and make him originally an incompetent onimyuudo mage or shinmei-ryuu user, who traveled to Hawaii for a while working with mages there, only to discover he really liked hawaiian culture and he was good at their style of magic, and make him, and his kids, less crazy, although still rich, egotistical, and eccentric, and instead of being after Ranma and some other students just because he's a jerk who likes punishing people and a nut who likes stupid uniforms and haircuts, instead have him after Ranma for being a student that refuses to wear the school uniform, and Ukyo for wearing the boys' uniform, and only threatening those who misbehave with horrible haircuts, which he used as punishment for his own kids when they were younger and some of the more disobedient students while he was principal there before his trip to Hawaii, and have him keep on Ranma's tail, perhaps even after forcing Ranma to wear proper uniforms in both forms with Hinako's help, because he'd discover that Ranma was actually really smart and could raise the grade average and test scores in Furinkan if he studied more and didn't skip class or sleep through it as much, and Akane and Ukyo and his own son he'd bother more because they are some of the worst students 'baka ranger' types, and is trying to make them study harder because Furinkan has gotten really poor grades since he left for Hawaii and is getting a worse reputation, but the kids fight back because they have various reasons for not wanting to spend more time studying, or facing his weird versions of punishments or study sessions, Ukyo has her job, Ranma finds school boring and wants to train, Akane is pissed by any implications against her intelligence, and doesn't like acknowledging her 'baka ranger' status, and Kuno wants to train like Ranma does and hates his father and will do anything to fowl him up, even purposefully refuse tutoring and resist discipline, and also has similar ego issues about his intelligence as Akane. (I'll admit I have this vision of Ranma, Gosunguki, Akane, Ukyo, and Kuno as the Furinkan version of the Baka Rangers getting into all sorts of hyjinx with Hinako or Principal Kuno as the teachers trying to keep them in line and make them study, Gosunkugi and Ranma would be able to finish quickly once they actually study, sort of like Yue, but one wants to focus on magic, and the other on martial arts, and both find studying boring, while the others are pure baka ranger, Akane in particular is similar to Asuna in grades and studying, although more reluctant to admit it, maybe also including Ryoga if he can finally start going to school properly, perhaps once he finds his house again and uses Shirokiro to lead him around, and starts going to Furinkan because Shirokiro follows Ranma's scent trail initially, as Shirokiro knows Ranma and perhaps likes him from when Ranma used to help lead Ryoga to school and fight him a lot and visit his house when Shirokiro was a puppy, maybe Ranma was even the one to train Shirokiro to function as Ryoga's guide)

I'd have, like Mahora, most of the furinkan populace be unaware of the magical world, but I'd also fill out the class population a bit like Negima! does, giving people different personalities and interests and putting in some crossover characters and OCs and developed versions of Sayuri, Yuka, Hiroshi, and Daisuke. I think one of the classmates could be a modified version of NukuNuku, perhaps she is the ghost of a cat demon or cat-hanyou that was bound into a magic doll body, or is a magical robot/doll based on similar technology to Chachamaru, but her mind was accidentally imprinted off a pet-cat, so she has a feline personality and used to think she was a cat, and acts like a cat a lot, and is one of the few fighters who rivals Ranma, but has some of her own enemies, a doll specialist pair who use magi-tech in order to try and kidnap NukuNuku's 'younger brother' back to his mother from his father who has been taking custody and care of him, and are also trying to kidnap NukuNuku so the mother can examine her and figure out the secrets to how she was built in order to create more of her for the magical world military of a certain country in the magical world she works for. Ranma would become NukuNuku's occasional ally and friend, once he gets over the cat thing, and maybe learn something from her at some point, and she'd get occasionally mixed up in some of his hijinx, and maybe at some point, perhaps after Ranma masters the neko-ken, there could be a sort of cat-girl delivery race competition on bicycle between Ranma, NukuNuku, and Shampoo, Shampoo competing for the Nekohaten, NukuNuku competing for a New York Style Pizza place she works at, and Ranma competing for the Ucchan's, and the whole thing might have started due to a rivalry that develops between Shampoo and Nukunuku, with Ranma getting involved because Ukyo and Nabiki want to cash in on the potential publicity and Nukunuku misunderstanding Shampoo's motives and feelings, just considering Shampoo a friend, while Shampoo thinks Nukunuku likes mocking her and imitating her to make fun of her and finds Nukunuku's personality grating anyway.

Other possible comical events could include Ranma making messed up clones like Negi does at the hotel which go around kissing people or something, Ranma's fiancees wanting to form pactios with him, some of them before understanding the exact nature of a pactio (Ukyo thinking it mostly just a kiss magic contract sort of thing and not knowing the purpose behind it or about the artifacts, perhaps just the cute cards, and Akane not knowing a kiss is involved and just wanting a magic artifact, while Shampoo knows the whole thing and just wants to form one with Ranma since Ranma is her 'husband' by Amazon law, and she thinks it romantic and cool, and Mousse wants to form one with Shampoo because he finds out she is interested in pactio, but perhaps winds up stealing kisses from girls mistaking them for Shampoo and making more pactios than Ranma, as Ranma tries to run away, and perhaps have Ranma's girl form get a pactio with Mousse that way due to not realizing Mousse is trying to kiss Shampoo and mistakes onna-Ranma for her, and all sorts of other silly hijinx)

I also might have Mousse's hidden weapons technique be actually some sort of pactio ability to summon weapons, or a magical technique with subspace pockets of some sort in his robes, or simply a common magical technique for carrying stuff in a pocket that he's extended to great levels, but define it a little better and it's limits and use. Maybe it is even a nearly identical power to Rakan's pactio artifact, and Mousse is particularly proud to have such an artifact because it is similar to that of a legendary warrior, and Mousse wants to eventually try to become Rakan's apprentice, but had been turned away from a previous attempt and told to go get more experience on his own and learn a few certain techniques before Rakan would even consider it, or given some outrageous teaching charge to drive him off.

I think many points of the story would diverge due to differing world and events, and things might get more different from cannon Ranma over time, with pairings up to whoever might take the challenge, but they should try to keep the cannon Ranma characters at least similar in personality and fighting style and motives, even if the exact means are different. Various weird martial arts things like Kodachi might have to be changed, as she couldn't really get away with ambushing other teams before matches in a more realistic world, so perhaps she does it in disguise in a ninja outfit and is only suspected, and/or has Sasuke brought in from the anime doing it, or just some hired random ninja doing it, and have the martial arts rhythmic gymnastics matches be a bit less violent and deadly looking than cannon, and have Kodachi cheat in more subtle and tricky ways, and the win be pretty much only by knock out or ring out, but you aren't allowed to seriously injure your opponent, so perhaps her retractable spike clubs have needles instead that have sleep poison on them, or balls that explode with poison gas, or a rope with a rod hidden in it, stuff that the judges wouldn't catch normally, and even though they know she is cheating, it would be difficult to prove to the judges without stopping the match, which would mean Koachi would win their special challenge deal about her leaving male Ranma alone, and the golden pair would also have to be a bit less ridiculous, although still perhaps a pervert and a klepto, Azusa could be more reasonable when caught, and realize she'd stolen something, but refuse to give up 'Charolette' because Akane can't really prove she owns him, and Mikaido could actually have some magic trick or something behind his kisses that makes him have an easier time forcing them on girls and breaking up couples, perhaps a rare hypnotic eye ability that causes their guard to drop, and a seductive kiss spell trick similar to how pactio is activated with a kiss, he can do a minor love potion type effect that makes people he kisses like him and dislike other people they like temporarily, which he applies with a special magic chap stick or something, but can be resisted by those with strong willpower or realize something funny is going on, as it isn't very strong, or if it goes against their sexual orientation or identity it is a bit easier, so Ranma is able to throw it off pretty quickly, and gets particularly freaked out and upset about it, especially due to the feelings that were briefly there due to the magic before Ranma through it off, and Ranma is magically aware enough to realize the effect is magical and already knew how to resist hypnosis, but had been caught off guard, and Mikaido uses magic a bit in his fighting style, and his skates are a pactio artifact that allow him to skate really fast and stuff.
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Sat May 02, 2009 11:15 am

New Challenge based on this anime addventure thread:

Parents and Children

Basic Premise: Tarou was given guardianship over Ranma's two children in secret. Soon after Ranma and his/her spouse were killed. Tarou has been raising the children and training them using scrolls provided for that purpose by Ranma and/or spouse.

The variations are:

Ranma's spouse
Ranma's killers
Who's investigating
Any pairing with Tarou

So far we've done two variations:

Thieves and Ninjas: Part 1
Thieves and Ninjas: Part 2
Ranma/Kenshin

Ranma married Misao after Aoshima's death.

Both were killed by the former fiancees through trickery and plotting.

Saitoh is investigating the deaths. (Ranma and Misao were noted as agents of the Empire)

Kuno is also investigating due to feeling offended that his sister took part in it.

Shampoo is regretful and trying to make amends (while also hiding under American citizenship)

Nabiki ended up tracking down Tarou and developing a relationship with him

Wild Dragons: Part 1
Wild Dragons: Part 2
Ranma no crossover

Ranma was wife to Herb

Both were kiilled by sabotage/trickery by the former fiancees

Nabiki becomes a cop to investigate the death

Kuno is also obsessing over the "pig-tailed girl"

Ukyou is suicidal with guilt

Tarou is married to Kiima.
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Re: Story Challanges!

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:48 pm

One More Orphan, or Naruto's Oyabun

The premise of this challenge is an original character created for the Naruto world who becomes an 'oyabun' to many of the younger orphans, including Naruto, someone who serves as a 'school guardian' type character and cool role model for the likes of various younger Kyuubi orphans like Naruto, Tenten, and Rock Lee, and creates a gang of sorts within the ninja academy made up mostly of other orphans and stops bullies and helps each other out and tries to act sort of cool and Yakuza-like, and as a group finds ways to earn pocket change so the poor orphans or simply just other members of the gang who become their friends can enjoy various things like going to the movies, do birthday parties with small presents for various members, or get candy for the members of the gang, the methods behind this should be morally acceptable on some level, nothing that they'd get in trouble for if the academy teachers caught them, possibly just outright fundraising type stuff like bake sales and paper routes and candy sales and lemonade stands, and perhaps an advice stand sort of like in Peanuts, or possibly stuff like running some sort of small betting rings among the students.

The idea behind the challenge is that the 'oyabun' is a student in a year ahead of Tenten and Lee's group, the fic would start out with a scene, or a few scenes, during the Kyuubi attack, where a kid gets lost, because their parents were killed in one of the Kyuubi's energy blasts that hit the village, and a Yakuza wannabe covered in tattoos and piercings amongst the escaping crowds notices the kid and goes to get them, and then, on the way, notices a blast is headed towards the child, and pushes them out of the way. The wannabe Yakuza dies, and the child lives, watching as the head of their savior rolls away from the vaporized body to their feet. The Yakuza wannabe's buddies rescue and reassure the kid, mourning the death of their 'boss', but determined to make sure the kid who their boss gave his life to save lives, and while in one of the shelters, they tell the kid about how they were orphans and the boss was too, and the boss became their leader and protected them, and helped them become strong and worthy of respect, and they were visiting Konoha from the Fire country capitol city with their boss on vacation, after one of them won the lottery, and they'd already donated most of the remaining money to the orphanages in Konoha and the Fire capitol. The Yakuza wannabe's buddies leave after the Kyuubi attack back to the fire capitol, but the orphanage has one more child in it, one who develops a determination, even at their young age, to protect the other orphans, and become a great 'boss' to them.

Naruto would not connect much to this boss while still in the orphanage, maybe seeing some minor kindness once or twice before he is kicked out and starts living in his own apartment. Things wouldn't start to change until a little after Naruto enters the academy. Naruto would end up being easily welcomed into the gang after some small initiation test and an incident being helped or protected by some member of it somehow, drawing their attention partly due to the notable fact that he is the youngest 'Kyuubi orphan' born on the day of the Kyuubi attack, Naruto would be something of the eternal 'kohai' and youngest of the gang, but would still develop his desire to become Hokage, and a bit of his prankster attitude, although he wouldn't be as desperate for attention and some of the gang would have helped his life and academic skills and ninja basics develop properly, particularly after most of them start graduating and becoming real genin (which would incidentally have the gang mostly fall apart for Naruto's final year, since I'd assume there would be less Kyuubi orphans, and thus less orphans in general, in Naruto's year, possibly none besides Naruto). This would later lead to Naruto being even more proud of becoming Konohamaru's 'boss', and a bit more into dealing with the Konohamaru corps, as he wouldn't quite realize the original purpose of the first group was to help lead and protect the orphans. I'd have the 'orphan oyabun' OC either be a chuunin by the time Naruto graduates, or one of the older genin taking the chuunin exams, possibly developing an OC pair of team-mates for them, depending on how much of a divergence you want in those events, if they enter the exams, I think Naruto should have a match against them before the matches are interrupted by the invasion, preferably after fighting Neji in honor of Hinata, having Naruto manage to get in two matches, although you could have the results of such a match go any way you want, if they are already a chuunin, perhaps you should have Naruto seek them out for training for the chuunin exam finals instead of Kakashi.

The 'orphan oyabun' can be male or female, and can have any manner of odd quircks and interesting character traits and flaws, but they should be a good leader with strong morals and lots of guts, ready to sacrifice themselves to protect their friends, mighty courage, guts, and able to be 'cool' at least a lot of the time. Some possible character models might be Oniizuka from GTO, some of the fannon 'for her family' Ice Queen mini-Yakuza Nabikis found in Ranma fanfiction, Kisara or Tsuji from Kenichi: The Mightiest Diciple, or Arisa Uotani from Fruits Basket. The objective isn't to create a really powerful character or Mary Sue with incredible skill set, they can actually be rather mundane, even somewhat pathetic as a ninja, at least in comparison to most of the cannon rookie 12 who are largely special talents and heirs and geniuses of various clans, or just have really strong clan powers even if they kind of suck by the terms of their clan, like Hinata, they don't even have to be particularly smart, they key aspects needed for the character are guts, care for their friends, a bit of leadership skill, and a strong sense of justice. They should still be competent, but likely only on a scale comparable to pre-timeskip Sakura after the 'hair cutting' moment in the forest of death, or some of the random fodder sound nins we see getting beat up by various Konoha heroes during the invasion sequences, or the likes of Iruka and Mizuki during the 1st issue forest chase with the forbidden scroll.

Past this, you could do virtually anything with the character, have them become an academy instructor, have them sacrifice themselves to save others during the Sand/Sound invasion, have them help stop Sasuke from defecting to Orochimaru, or even make them eventually become Hokage if you set them up as a super strong mary sue type. The primary purpose of them is to set Naruto up to be in a much better position than he is at the cannon start, and give him a strong role model and person who believes in him before he becomes genin and the cannon start with Iruka.
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous