A different mother for Ranma

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

A different mother for Ranma

Postby Shanami » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:17 am

So, I know there was a huge deluge of different father fics for Ranma, but I vaguely recall having read a few fics where Ranma has a different mother instead. Notably the addventure thread with a very similar name.

I'm looking for more of them. Ideally, the mother would be a crossover character and Ranma would still get cursed/go on the training trip. Whether or not the mother in question wanted him to leave or not is completely unimportant. Beyond that, I'm really just curious to see what is out there.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Re: A different mother for Ranma

Postby Grinnerz » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:53 am

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2544599/1/L ... r_Like_Son is a dead fic that has Ryoko from Tenchi as his mother.
Grinnerz
Initiate

Postby Wyrd » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 am

There's one out there where he is Ryoko's brother, making Washu his mother, and the Saotome's merely adopted him. I don't remember much more than that about it.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:15 pm

There are tons of those (and I'll leave out the ones where he gets adopted later on). Ranma's moms include: Hild (Ah! My Goddess), Usagi Tsukino (SM), Setsuna Meio (SM), Queen Serenity (SM), Narcissa Malfoy (Harry Potter), Mystique (X-Men), Washu (Tenchi Muyo), Morrigan (Darkstalkers), Yoruichi Shihoin (Bleach), Delia Ketchum (Pokémon), Integra Hellsing (Hellsing), Nodoka Miyazaki (Negima).
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 pm

There's Paradise Lost another dead fic where Misato is Ranma's mother.

I also know of a Sailor Moon crossover where Haruka is Ranma's mother. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:39 pm

The one with Haruka as Ranma's Mother was one of Cloud Dreamer's Fics but I am spacing the name now too.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Wyrd wrote:There's one out there where he is Ryoko's brother, making Washu his mother, and the Saotome's merely adopted him. I don't remember much more than that about it.
Lawra's 'No need for Nerima' is probably what you're talking about.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:33 pm

There are also a few where Washu is his mom that has a scenario where Genma killed the real Ranma born of Nodoka and that's why Ranma has no memory of her.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Spokavriel wrote: The one with Haruka as Ranma's Mother was one of Cloud Dreamer's Fics but I am spacing the name now too.

She's also the same person as Nodoka in that fic, IIRC.

Obviously it's pretty difficult to have a fic where Genma is the father and the mother isn't Nodoka, unless Nodoka isn't in it at all.

Of course, there was that Cloud Dreamer fic where Nodoka was himself...and Genma was too. Heh.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:02 pm

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/f ... f+Darkness offshoot of http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/f ... +Mother%3F (which each branching thread exactly what was being looked for) is a Hild as mother story. Is quite short sadly.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:41 am

Spokavriel wrote: The one with Haruka as Ranma's Mother was one of Cloud Dreamer's Fics but I am spacing the name now too.

Thanks to Spok I found the fic. It's Sailor Mom? which can be found at [urlhttp://clouddreamer.com/]Cloud Dreamer's website[/url] but, oddly, not on his fanfiction.net Account
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Tornado Ninja Fan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:42 am

Spokavriel wrote: There are also a few where Washu is his mom that has a scenario where Genma killed the real Ranma born of Nodoka and that's why Ranma has no memory of her.

Lost and Found by Law-kun has Washu as Ranma's mother and Ryoga as the real son of the Saotomes who got lost and adopted by the Hibikis.
Tornado Ninja Fan
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 am

There's one, Tokimi's Child by deathgeneous, that has Ranma as child to a Choisin other than Washuu.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Shanami » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Tornado Ninja Fan wrote:Lost and Found by Law-kun has Washu as Ranma's mother and Ryoga as the real son of the Saotomes who got lost and adopted by the Hibikis.

Man, I wish that story was continued. It and Forever the Tomboy both stopped right when I was really getting in to them.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Fic Search