Demonic Ceromony/Treeship

Bridging the gap between Ideas and C&C.

Post individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Demonic Ceromony/Treeship

Postby Mitchell » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:33 am

Ok before I post this Ill just get a few things out of the way. This idea was MEANT to inspire DCG into poking his muse with a stick, and get him writing on an idea we were swapping half ridiculess, half actually interesting little scene snippets on. However I actually wrote something first so Ill post this here to just get a basic outline of whats going on here, and we will see how its received.

This is unfinished, though I guess it could stand as a prologe, though I would want to expand on some things that will be obvious with even a cursory reading.

This is a Buffy: the Vampire Slayer/Tenchi Muyo crossover. For those interested it is set near the end of the first season of Buffy at an indtermined time, but before Prophecy Girl. I'm using a hybrid Tenchi Timeline though heavily drawn from the OVA's.

It was old. Such a simple statement but belying the true that it had existed. In some ways it could lay claim to be older than the universe itself, while still having a beginning that could be clearly marked in the timing of a neighboring universe, traversing one reality to another throwing orderly numbers and time into disarray.

It was old and it was potential. While bearing the shape of a seed, physical reality was at best a subset of its existence. It was a complicated fold of reality and energy, folded in a pattern almost impossibly complex by intelligence more than any human, any godling could lay claim to.

It rested beneath a crystal, sealed there by powerful demonic magic’s, the screaming of a thousand souls, the flaying of them being used to lock the seedling in its place.

The greater powers knew what it represented, that to mess with it was to invite death. The younger knew not of its existence, and only knew the power it represented and endlessly sought it, seeking ways to bypass the crystal at any cost.

It had rested here longer than many human cultures, as its demonic owners changed, unmindful. It had an intelligence that was less than that of the merest child, all it knew was the sleeping and the murmur of the mother in its mind, the wait for a host. It could afford to wait, for its kind time was something that happened to other people, one of the benefits of being the children of the mother.

Its mind did not react when the crystal that was its container was stolen from the deep pit in one of the myrid folded realities that had been collectively named hell, the obsidian rock stretching endlessly in every direction, glowing blood red chains of energy linking the endless plain to the blue-white plain of endless ice and the horrible burning fire that were just two of the planes that this demi plain was linked to. Only a distant part of its simple mind noted the change in dimensional frequencies as the seed was taken from the depths of hell to the surface, the mortal reality, rather than the higher dimension that was the home to the greater infernal powers in this forgotten corner of the multiverse.

And so the seed rested there, uncaring, unaware of the damage that it would lay to the powers that be, and the shifting politics that would shake half a universe.

“My my, the seed of power” the surprisingly human looking demon commented, the arrogant gratification in his voice far from his words. “I have been looking for this for over a hundred years.” He commented to his subordinate.

The ten foot bestial grunt that stood next to him nodded, small beastly eyes hidden behind large armored cheeks squinting at the small seed in the middle of a ball of solid crystal.

“Indeed” his deep gravelly voice rumbled in the abandoned cave they had taken, the Master uncaring of the small time demon, too wrapped up with his own concerns. “I did not think it actually exists but even being in its presence, sealed as it is…I feel stronger, like I could break through rock with ease” he hold up a fist.

“Indeed” the leader replied, sitting back, his red eyes the only mark of his demonic heritage. “The seed that supplies infinite power, greater than even a demon lord…with this my friend the hellmouth will be the least of our concerns. Let the Master deal with the slayer, we will be moving on to bigger and better things. Demon lordship will be within our grasp!”

“Yesss…”the huge demon hissed, staring at the seed.

“Now, what does it need for our purpose?” the demon sighed, leaning back, bringing his hand up, the heat mirage rising from his hand a sign of the obvious magic he was working. He was not a skilled sorcerer, few demons were, but he had enough for this. “Ah, blood and a vessel, somebody to feed on. Somebody strong, determined, all that willingness to fight the darkness.” He sighed leaning back staring at the seed. “More, somebody exposed to magic enough for their character to leak into the blood, so not just anybody will do.”

“The slayers friends then” the tall demon commented slowly “This will put you at odds with the Master, he has declared that they are to be unharmed.”

“Blowhard” the demon muttered in irritation “even an eight hundred year old vampire is just a vampire. However yes we must be cautious, we cannot allow it to slip out that we have the seed. Until it is under our control, we have no chance against the demon lords who would wish to take it from us.”

“Agreed, how do we get one the slayers friend? If we try to grab them openly, you know it will fail, nor do I wish to risk fighting the Slayer so close to the temptation of ultimate power” the demon rumbled, his huge hand caressing a huge axe hilt that rested easily at his belt over a tattered pair of pants, the blade extending behind him almost five feet, its surface cracked with the impacts with countless materials but even so the slight haze around it hinted at its magical nature.

“Do we still have that Vampire, what was his name, Rowling or whatever he called himself, stupid fantasy copycat.” He muttered the last, still sometimes shocked at the strange and often well…stupid names that vampires chose to call themselves after they had accepted their place in the night life of the world.

“Hm... I think so, he just got back in town from Los Angeles, Wolfram and Heart hired him for a bit as thug work. He should be looking for a job.” The demon commented. It was well known that Vampires as the weakest of the demonic species, being little more than demon blood empowered corpses, often when they wre young looking for a sponsor to help direct them and make contacts with others.

A Vampire could grow quiet powerful with age, the Master being a prime example; however they started out relatively weak. Demons used them as shock troops, guards, thugs and anything in between, as did more powerful or night dwellers, or even mortal sorcerers.

“Get him in contact with me will you? I think time to set up a little ambush for the slayer. She will deal with them easily enough but we should be able to get the blood of her friends and with the power of the seed in our hands. What is the slayer but just another human?”

“I hear you.” The creature let out a loose deep snicker as it turned, mindful not to knock its blade into its partner.

A flash of a knife, the glinting blade passing smoothly over tenses flesh was all it took to make Xander Harris’s night complete. Yelping in pain he rolled away from where what he had thought was a human held prisoner snickered, staring at the blood that was hovering in midair, a crimson arc surrounding the man who was admiring it.

It had begun easily enough, just another night helping Buffy look for a few more vampires. Nothing really dangerous and he still woke up shivering from that thought, his weirdness senses had to be on the Fitz. His morning training was paying off for though he was nowhere near as physically powerful as the vampires, many of them had no real experience in fighting other than brawls as mortals. Vampires who actually knew how to use their power were seldom seen outside the upper echelons of a demonic hierarchy, with the demons at the very top.

However when the group of vampires had jumped them, he had known something was wrong. He hadn’t done to badly, even with the staggering of the blows they landed he had managed to stake two of the fifteen vampires, an impressive accomplishment even though he had felt overshadowed as he saw the blur of motion that was Buffy as she easily fought the others, easily taking seven out in the same time he took two.

And then the demons had split, a single vampire running while the other four headed of into the distance. Buffy, in the zone again, had raced after the four while he called out that he would handle the one.

Now he was cursing his confidence, gripping his stake with his hand that was not injured, feeling his other hand leaking blood from the cut the thing, had made.

The man had orange eyes, glinting like coals of fire In an otherwise human face, not even having the good graces to have an inhuman appearance.

“FINALLY!” the man laughed, an eerie chuckle as a much more inhuman monster stepped out of nowhere, his teen feet of height, and the monstrous blade, almost as long as Xander was tall and significantly wider across resting easily in the powerful fist, muscles moving smoothly under the crimson skin that marked his body. His eyes were dark and bestial.

“Ok…that’s not of the good,” Xander muttered staring at his blood. He had no idea what the creep with the freaky eyes wanted, but he knew for sure he had about zero chance taking tall, red and sword like out, and demons all seemed to share the super speed that Vampires had so he couldn’t even run.

“Buffy, if there was ever a time you could show up …,” he muttered as the demon began to pull itself under control.

The laughing demon, who Xander had laughed Mr. Chuckles reached into a pocket of his business suit and pulled forth a small crystal, about the size of the jewelry box he had gotten Willow for her thirteenth birthday with Jesse and held it high. With his other hand he smirked, showing of dagger like teeth and smashed the dagger into the crystal. The crystal shattering and fading away.

“Bind him” he commanded his companion “You know what it needs.” The larger demon nodded taking a step towards Xander.

Xander swallowed, taking a small step backwards but squared his shoulder and gripped the wooden stake in his hand, feeling the three others pressing into his side tied to his waste by his tight belt over his jeans.

He ran towards the demon knowing the futility but determined to get a few hits in before whatever freakishness these guys were going to do.

He slashed out at the demon with the stake only to stare in shock as the wooden tip that so often had cleaved straight through the clothes and skin of Vampires broke cleanly on the demons skin.

“Piece of advice kid, when magic is concerned don’t try and use something that works on one thing on another.” The demon chuckled before with a blow to fast to see had Xander sprawling. In seconds the demon was upon him and before he knew what happening Xander found himself bound to a small stone table.

“How lord of the rings” he muttered somewhat groggily, the appreciative snicker of the demon a sound grating on his ears.

“I like you kid, it’s almost a shame” the demon muttered watching the sorcerer as Xander strained to see for himself.

“If you like me could you let me go? I’d consider it a big favor,” he offered somewhat weakly.

“Hah, you got balls kid. But well the boss got his plans and you know how it is” the demon commented a Xander found himself bizarrely feeling a sense of kinship with a demon that was about to sacrifice him or something equally freaky.

“If you two are quiet finished. Behold mortal, the seed of power which you will feed with your lifeforce and blood, granting us the power to take our place as demon lords!” the demon held his hand forward, letting Xander see the seed resting easily in his somewhat unnervingly clean hands.

“Dude a peanut? I’d have given you my packet for lunch if you asked,” he offered.

“Oh yes very funny, hit him will you?” he asked the big demon who looked somewhat apologetic at Xander before slugging him.

Xander saw stars, strangely feeling that the blow hadn’t hurt that much though he could feel the huge power in the demons huge fist. “Point taken” he grunted.

“Very well. This seed is ancient boy, beyond your wildest dreams. It offers unlimited power to the one who can grasp it, and you shall be my sacrifice to awaken it. Legend has it that it was a seedling of a tree blessed by a goddess in the distant past, and that all her power is locked inside for those that can grasp it.”

The demon sighed looking down “Why am I telling you this? You won’t be alive to appreciate it, I guess there is just too much a historian in me to really stop from telling people the legends trapped in this world.”

“A demon history teacher, does the torture ever stop?” Xander muttered, though not loud enough for the demon to hear him while he tried to work one of his limbs free from the rope, though it was incredibly slow going.

With a gesture the man held the seed out, the seed beginning to float from his cupped hand into the air while the arc of crimson blood that had remained in the air from where the knife had struck Xander before, shuddered before shooting at the seed coating it in a cacoon of crimson, which shuddered briefly before seeming to be consumed.

The seed hung suspended in the air, glowing briefly as the two demons watched in interest. The lights ran up and down, reminiscent of a status board on a computer Xander noted with interest, staring at his death without much emotion. Finally the light turned briefly green/gold as though a identity scanner on the computer had been accepted.

With a blur of movement the seed was suddenly moving towards Xander, all three of the people in the room watching with interest as seeming small, almost transparent green vines seemed to sprout from the seed as it reached forward to the still open wound on Xander’s arm.

With the introduction of mortal blood the long buried subroutines in the seed came to life, its mindless state and yet connection to the great mother allowing it to follow through with its function. The blood was accessed and cataloged in a distant database in another universe, while the life-force contained within, that energy that the vampires fed upon to power their demon, was used to power the subroutines, the ‘spells’ that mortals referred to, embedded so deep into the seeds existence. Once all the blood available was accessed and mined for information and life force it moved towards the still open wound on one of them, unaware of the other two beings in the room, its preprogrammed response working with no mind to direct it.

A transparent tendril reached forward, really a sensory feeler as the seed made contact with the dripping blood, drinking in more of the life force, though not enough to hurt the mortal. While it drank and cataloged the offering before it, subroutines began to scan things that primitive societies would term the ‘soul’, merely a staggering complicated dimensional equation seeking if the being was suitable to a binding. It was not one of the Mothers children, there were none of the markers but that was not required, alterations could be made.

Finding the set of memories that dealt with moral and ethical issues a bombard of scenarios, programed from before the creation of many universes were played in a nano-second over the mind of the creature, the physical brain not even being aware of them as over dimensional abilities rendered mere physical existence largely irrelevant.

/contact:00000.000.01:…55522.6511+33322:Z.: Initiate upload:Ethical-query:/

It waited a second, the dimensional contact to the central awareness that was the group mind, the second greatest authority behind mother herself letting those older and more aware than it deal with the ethical issues.

/contact:99999..213213…..:1112152.5523432+33552112224:ZZZAB3: Authorized: proceeded/

With the authorization granted the creature opened itself to mother, letting her limitless power flow through it as carefully wound bands of power, more fine than the nearly any creature save the highest of higher dimensional life forms would notice as anything but static it bound itself to the creature, even as the blood that flowed from the wound was soaked inwards to the seed as it let itself detach from the teenager.

The two demons watches as the green filaments invaded the mortals body, who opened his eyes and mouth as though to scream before suddenly seeming ot have a seizure, a pained animal grunt coming from his mouth before he fell unconscious to the bindings. The seed broke from his still body floating in the air, tendrils of white light falling of it, caressing it.

“Finally, it’s done. Kill him” the leader spoke to his subordinate, as he reached forward to the seed floating in the air, already planning who he would be crushing when he had ultimate power in his hands.

“Yes” the taller demon sneered, with a flick his large sword was out and swinging down to the prone form of Xander Harris.

It was the last mistake the two ever made.

A flash of light, a scythe of yellow energy lashed out from the seed, bisecting the two in under a second, the axe meeting for a brief second a crackling yellow sheet of energy before it faded.

It had bound itself and it had a host, the creature needed energy now, a place of quiet to gather its strength for when it made the final binding. Its mind, simpler than a child found the place with the most power, a dimensional gate being mere meters away and shot in that direction. The seed that should have broken on the concrete or bedrock shot through the stone the flooring and sewer tunnels till it found the cave it needed and set itself down. It sat there for a second before slowly green tendrils, roots began to snake forward from the body, stretching towards the small hole in the ground, the slight haze the only indication that this was the Hellmouth.

For now the seed, a tree-ship of Tsunami slept, it would have time to awaken soon.

Ok just a few points. Ill have to expand on why the seed is there, or DCG will if he takes up his idea (HINT HINT;/). Yes for those people familiar with Tenchi this is not how a Treeship bonding ceremony would go, but I took some liberties, and some effects of spending untold thousands of years in the area of 'hell' as mucking things up, also the demon just plain misunderstanding the mechanics of a ship and the seed did what it could.

I hope this was interesting, if not very compliant with the actual source material of either series. Let me know what you think. And yes there does need to be some editing done.
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Demonic Ceromony/Treeship

Postby frice2000 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:52 am

Interesting concept. Not too familiar with the Buffy source material but for smatterings here and there but the main problem I see with this story going forward, and it's a rather large problem indeed, how is any of the vampires/demons they face in their cannon going to be any sort of a problem moving forward? You've got powers that obliterate them in a quarter of a second and thats just to start...

Other then that quite an interesting read. Needs a bit more of something though to give it another push...Still I would read this if if it was written.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Mitchell » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:16 am

Yeah that is a problem. Most of the people outside major season arc villains, like the Hell Goddess, the demonic infernal entities that controlled the evil law firm, or the 'First Evil' etc wouldn't really stand a chance against a tree ship and its one of the problems me and DCG had when we were throwing idea's around this story. Were still talking over it...somewhat. Maybe he has an idea I don't.
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:37 am

Well you could change around the premise slightly where the ship is drastically weakened from its years stuck in hell and will take years to get up enough energy to do much of anything beyond basic defenses and more basic attacks. Perhaps having had demons successfully draw some of it's energy in some limited manner but over time it's resources have fell and not been replenished until it's taken into the Buffy universe. Thus it slowly gives more power as it recharges but is pretty weak to start perhaps with the attack/analysis/communication/DNA alteration it just did here expending most of it's remaining power? That gives you more valid bits and actual challenges with possibility for overpowering when needed but not all at once or too quickly.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 pm

Making it so that the atmosphere in the demon realm toxic to the tree seed does make sense. It is a being that thrives on the power of its goddess after all. To use the A!MG! examples. Mana and Phisogue are not really anything like each other and I could imagine a being sustained by one being hurt by the other and hurt even worse if they are not immortal.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby DCG » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:47 am

Wait what? Gah.. >_< Cruddy plot devices and excuses cause me mental pain. If your need to gut, butcher, and mutalate half the core concept (IE Tenchi) your better off not using it at all. Making it Fit in, and work, it most of where the fun and challenge comes from after all.

Considering the common power levels in cannon buff can be dealt with by any retard from their high school with a stick and a bottle of water. Lowering something like a tree ship to a low enough setting that make's such things a possibly source of conflict is just silly. You have to draw the conflict from other place, Most likely charther interaction and other sources of fun. And of corse how Xander deals with being linked to something like that. Lot's of fun there depending on how the tree ship starts to work on him.

As for the Atmosphere idea.. wait one moment. *slams head on desk* There that helps.

Ill just point out that Tsunami/Sasami have Tokami as there little sister, And Ryoko as there sis/wife/lover deal. The watered down, piss poor excuse for "evil" on the hellmouth would be like walking into the kitchen and finding you dog was in the trash. Smelly, Dirty, and something it would take you moments to clean up before getting on with your day.

At most i think they would delegate xander or the tree to clean it up.

Of corse you can all ways pile up other stuff into the setting to give it a broader scope. But Tenchi is so over powered there isnt much you can add that gives a good mix. More so for the space combat parts.
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 am

Looking at it that way Tenchi did collapse a black hole on instinct. While Buffy couldn't even survive that situation where her sister who didn't really exist was going to be sacrificed to collapse dimensional walls. Don't the Tenchi cast deal with that level of world alteration any time they cross the threshold of Washu's lab?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Mitchell » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Washu's lab is a sub dimension roughly the size of the planet and while I doubt the 'hell' would be as well designed transition wise as her lab I still doubt any of the higher level cast of a Tenchi series really having problem with 'hell'. Remember in Tenchi the Choushin, the three great ultimate goddesses (Washu, Tsunami and Tokimi) pretty much precede EVERYTHING. Hell would just be a particularly unpleasant kind of upper level reality inhabited by particularly unpleasant higher dimensional beings (Cray said that Tokimi was not the only knid of higher dimensional lifeform that he and Zero had encountered. The 'Old One' demons, the ones at the bottom of Hell, would be those kinds with everything else down to the vampires would pretty much be creations or small scraps of those beings.)

DCG is right in that if you do write a Tenchi story, you cant ever really let 'power' play a part of the drama without being incredibly careful. While Tenchi is just haxx, even Ryoko and Jurian nobles have the power to blow up planets at will. Treeships more or less treat reality like its their bitch what with spacial folds (That Washu takes to the next level with her lab.)

If this was to continue and you wanted realistic character confrontation most probably it would come from upper level demons able to operate on higher levels of reality, or more realistically playing politics as Xander and friends moved into a wider world being drawn into Jurian politics with the introduction of a new tree ship into the hands of somebody who nobody had heard of. More while its not outright said here the re is the implication its one of the ten direct seeding from Tsunami herself, which pretty much, if it does thrive (which it would take something serious to stop it) puts Xander around either 4th or 5th in line to the throne, third if you discount GXP. Not sure if that would be a good thing this early but *shrug*
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:10 pm

I think you might have missed the point. Its not that anyone in Tenchi could have any chance of problems. Its that nothing in Buffy is strong enough to survive even a silent fart from anything in Tenchi.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Outlines and Scenes