My Sailor Moon Timeline Theories, etc

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

My Sailor Moon Timeline Theories, etc

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:09 am

My Sailor Moon TV Anime Series Timeline Theories

(A)The TV Anime Series Timeline

Season-1 : Year-1. Usagi is 14 and the 2nd Year of Junior High School.

Season-2 : Year-2. Usagi is physically 14 and mentally 15 (because of her Wish at the end of Season-1). She is in the 2nd Year of Junior High School for the second time (However, because of the Wish/Reset, only Usagi and her friends themselves know this)

Season-3 : Year-3. Usagi is physically 15 and mentally 16. She is in the 3rd Year of Junior High School.

Season-4 : The first Neherenia/Dead Moon Circus battle actually takes place in Dreamspace (in realtime terms, it all takes place during the Eclipse in the first ep of Season-4, according to this part of my theories). So it is actually still Year-3, even though the Inners, mooncats and co all end up with about an extra year's worth of memories.

Season-5. Year-4. Usagi is physically 16 and mentally 18 now (She and the Inners, cats, Mamoru, etc now having two 'extra' years worth of memories, compared to the age of their current physical bodies). She is in the first year of High School. The second Neherenia battle takes place in Dreamspace yet again (IMO, this is takes place during the night the Mirror Shards supposedly fell, in realtime terms). The battle against Galaxia takes place in realtime.

(B)The manga, the anime movies spinoffs, the TV Live Action series, the Musicals, etc, all take place in their separete canon timelines and are AU to each other. (Though their is a possibility that 'Ami-chan's first love' could fit into the TV anime timeline).

(C)The anime Crystal Tokyo we see in Season-2 is not actually the direct future of the TV anime main timeline. (They wouldn't have been hit that hard by the Dark Moon Family/Wiseman if it had actually been the same timeline, for example)

(D)The first Dreamscape Battle against Neherenia took place either right before or right after their High School Exams for real (not the practice exams mentioned in Ep122). IMO, it was probably right before - that's why some of them were still worried about studying, even while they were stuck in Dreamspace.
Tinkerbell
Senshi Candidate

Re: My Sailor Moon Timeline Theories, etc

Postby TerraEpon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:42 pm

I never really liked the "world goes back a year" theory. There's only minor evidence that it does. I really like the timeline that the shared universe Sailor Moon Expanded uses -- http://sailormoonexpanded.nsamo.com/uni ... eline.html
The only real problem with it is that it requires Usagi to not turn 14 until after the aliens leave, which is clearly wrong...
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:22 am

TerraEpon wrote:I never really liked the "world goes back a year" theory. There's only minor evidence that it does. I really like the timeline that the shared universe Sailor Moon Expanded uses -- http://sailormoonexpanded.nsamo.com/uni ... eline.html
The only real problem with it is that it requires Usagi to not turn 14 until after the aliens leave, which is clearly wrong...

IMO, since the mooncats say in the last ep of Season-1 (Episode 46) that the Senshi had been miraculously 'reborn' and also that they had lost their memories of being Senshi, and in the first ep of Season-2 (Episode 47) that it's been two months since the Final Battle against the Dark Kingdom, I don't think that there was any 'time rewinding' at all.

My theory about what happens in the last Ep of Season-1 in the TV anime is something like this.

Episode 46 : Moon, after the Final Battle, while the light grows and grows - "When I wake up, a pure white curtain of lace is rustling in the breeze. The cockoo clock in the room says it's 7 o'clock, and Mom's voice says "You'll be last if you don't get up." I'm still half asleep, and I think, "Please let me sleep for just three more minutes." I'm late to school every single day like clockwork, and my teacher makes me stand in the hallway, and I get failing grades on my tests. The crepes we'd all eat on the way home. We'd gaze dreamily at a party dress in a show window. The little things bring such joy and I'm happy. I wish I could go back to a normal life like that. I want to go back."

So what her Wish does here is :

(1)Creates new bodies for Usagi herself, the Inners and Mamoru, and 'downloads' their minds and souls in those. (Usagi and friends - Ver.2!)

(2)Fixes most of the damage Mettalia does to Earth during the Final Battle (if people died, they were 'brought back' in the same way the Senshi were).

(3)'Adjusts' all records and memories, etc, so that Usagi and her friends can go through the 2nd year of Junior High School again without anybody thinking it's odd. (All her classmates and their families and associates memories and records get 'adjusted' too) In her classmate's cases, the memories of the 'extra year' aren't all gone, but it's like it was all a strange dream (this explains why Naru-chan and Umino-kun were still going out with each other in Season-2) Mako-chan is already at their school, since in their 'new memories', she transferred there when they were in the first year of Junior High School.
Tinkerbell
Senshi Candidate

Postby chaoticteacup » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:32 am

I've always had a theory that the events leading to Crystal Tokyo were sparked by nuclear war. Which caused an ice age.

Which is why Chibi-usa has pink hair, red eyes, and ages slow. Its nuclear radiation during her gestation.

XD
chaoticteacup
Senshi Candidate

Postby Cheb » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:05 am

It was a Wish made upon the most powerful artifact in the Galaxy. It warped the reality so much that logic went out of the window. With enough power to literally re-create a totaled planet... everything is possible. Deserts bloom with spring flowers, Kami walk the Earth -- what ae you trying to do with only that puny logic in your hands? Continuity? What continuity?

(1)Creates new bodies for Usagi herself, the Inners and Mamoru,

Eh? Or does it twist timelines like a putty, bringing to the front the ones where Usagi have never been a Sailor Moon and the battle never happened? After all, it's the spirit that remembers and carries the Senshi powers, not the body. And spirit is clearly dominant over the physical matter here.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby chaoticteacup » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:14 am

I always just assumed they were brought back to life but the price was forgetting the past.
Although that was in part her wish.
chaoticteacup
Senshi Candidate

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:50 am

There's a short story by Nightelf - The Thin White Line - that gives a very poignant interpretation to Usagi remembering being Sailor Moon during this incident, but the other Senshi not remembering.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Zwzn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Well here is my theory of the time line for the anime.

Season 1
The inners are 14.

After the battle with Beryl Sailor Pluto changes something in the past.

Season 2
Inners are physically 14 again, and back at about the time season 1 started at.

Luna and Art's memories are a bit messed up by what Pluto did.

Some time during season 2 Uranus and Neptune awaken.

Season 3
Everything can be taken at face value.

Inners turn 15

Inners prepare to test into "high school"

Season 4
Inners enter "high school"

Inners turn 16

Do to Chibi-Usa subconsciously using the Golden crystal's reality wraping powers things have a cartoony feel.

Nehellenia wins, and freezes/causes crystals to grow all over the Earth like she did Helios's world

Season 5

Season 5 is all a dream created to imprison the Sailor Senshi

We are being shown specifically Sailor Moon's dream/prison

Post Season 5
At some point in the real world Sailor Saturn had shown up again, defeated Nehellenia, and healed/woke everyone up as implied in the AV presentation shown in season 2

Sailor Saturn goes off somewhere quietly sort of like she did at the end of season 3

Inners and Moon get the credit for defeating Nehellenia.

Chibi-Usa get recalled to the future

Nehellenia's defeat gives the Sailor Senshi a lot of political power because people realized the scale of the threats the Sailor Senshi actually faced.

Some people start seeing Moon as a goddess given flesh, and begin worshiping her.

Usagi become so popular she is made queen of the Earth

Crystal Tokyo in made the capital

A reasonably large number of people don't like what is happening, and start an armed revolt

The rebels lose, and rebel who refuses to be cleansed is kicked off the planet

The banished rebels find the planet Nemesis, and decide to settle on the seemingly hospitable planet

Chibi-Usa is born

Chibi-Usa is given Luna-P for companionship, and trained in it's use

Chibi-Usa meets Sailor Pluto by "chance"

Chibi-Usa steals the Silver crystal at about the same time the Dark Moon Family attacks

See events of season 2

Some time after the events of season 2 Chibi-Usa is ordered by her mother to go back in time to make anew friend, and Sailor Pluto is sent back in time as well with orders to make sure things happen "right"

Luna gives birth/hatches/however talking cats reproduce Diana

Chibi-Usa meets Diana after the event returning from the time season 3 takes place in, and they become friends

Chibi-Usa is sent back again so that she lands on the last daemon saving her mother's past self

Diana is sent back in time to a point during season 4

Chibi-Usa and Diana return from just after Nehellenia's defeat
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:24 am

Cheb wrote:It was a Wish made upon the most powerful artifact in the Galaxy. It warped the reality so much that logic went out of the window. With enough power to literally re-create a totaled planet... everything is possible. Deserts bloom with spring flowers, Kami walk the Earth -- what ae you trying to do with only that puny logic in your hands? Continuity? What continuity?
(1)Creates new bodies for Usagi herself, the Inners and Mamoru,
Eh? Or does it twist timelines like a putty, bringing to the front the ones where Usagi have never been a Sailor Moon and the battle never happened? After all, it's the spirit that remembers and carries the Senshi powers, not the body. And spirit is clearly dominant over the physical matter here.

Well, IMO, not even the Silver Crystal has unlimited energy,
SPOILER - Show Spoiler
and though the planet Earth was effectively totaled and 'rebooted' on scene at least once in the TV Live Action Series,

we don't really see that happening in the TV anime series.

My theory is that what the Wish did was basically 'fix, shine and adjust' , and even that used up a lot of the anime Silver Crystal's charge.

After all, if the battle with the Dark Kingdom had never happened, the Mooncats shouldn't remember anything at the end of Season-1 (Ep46) and the beginning of Season-2 (Ep47), but they do.
Tinkerbell
Senshi Candidate

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:26 am

chaoticteacup wrote:I always just assumed they were brought back to life but the price was forgetting the past.
Although that was in part her wish.

Well, maybe, but they were able to regain their memories soon enough when the need arised, so... :mrgreen:
Tinkerbell
Senshi Candidate

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:27 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:There's a short story by Nightelf - The Thin White Line - that gives a very poignant interpretation to Usagi remembering being Sailor Moon during this incident, but the other Senshi not remembering.

Oh, that's a nifty story. Thank you very much!
Tinkerbell
Senshi Candidate

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:44 am

Zwzn wrote:Well here is my theory of the time line for the anime.

I see. Those are interesting theories -thank you for telling me about them.

I still like my theories better, though, because :

(1)In my opinion, if anime Pluto was able to go off and do things like 'change the past' so easily (or even with some difficulty), almost none of the major battles would have taken in the first place.

I think that it's just simpler to think that the Mooncats and the girls and Mamoru (eventually) remembered stuff about Season-1 because that was what had really happened in that timeline.

(2)If the girls had actually gotten into High School in Season-4, somebody should have mentioned it, IMO. however, the first time any of them mention getting into High School is in the first Ep of Season-5, and by the way they said it, it's clear that they'd gotten in quite recently.

(3)If the entire Season-5 was anime Neherenia's Lotus Eater Machine setup for Usagi/Moon, there would have been no reason for Galaxia to appear in the scenario at all, in my opinion.

(4)According to anime King Endymion in Ep83, 'Evil ones' tried to take over the Earth, got defeated, and then the ones that didn't want to get 'purified' ran off to space and became the anime Dark Moon Family's ancesters. Was it ever mentioned anywhere that the planet Nemesis was ever 'seemingly hospitable' by the way?

(5)IMO, anime Chibi-Usa going for her Lady Mother's Silver Crystal was probably part of Wiseman's plot from the very beginning. The timing doesn't make sense, otherwise, and we already know that Wiseman can mindbend her, given enough time.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

My theories about anime Crystal Tokyo : These are some of the reasons that I think that the anime Crystal Tokyo (shown in Season-2 and elsewhere) are not in the 'direct future' of the timeline shown in the TV anime series. (In other words, IMO, the Crystal Tokyo we see in Season-2 is part of a different timeline in the first place)

(a)If anime Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion and their Inners, etc, were actually the same people as Usagi, Mamoru, and their friends, they would have known about the Dark Moon Family attack long before it happened.

However, from what we can see, they were utterly blindsided. (Season-2)

(b)Anime Pluto apparently did not know about Hotaru=Saturn beforehand, as she seemed to be rather shocked that Saturn existed 'in the 20th century' at all, from what we can see. (Season-3, Ep119)

(c)Anime Pluto also apparently did not know about anime Chibichibi (Galaxia's Starseed) beforehand, either. (Season-5, Ep182)

(d)Anime Usagi/Moon and Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask have been in mortal peril many times in the anime, but we see anime Chibi-Usa 'almost fade away' only once. (Season-5, Ep172) Something different from what they think is going on is going on here, in my opinion.
Tinkerbell
Senshi Candidate

Postby TerraEpon » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:35 pm

You know, oddly enough if SM had taken place in the US, or somewhere with a similar school system, season 4 could EASILY be written off as summer vacation between 9th and 10th grade for them.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:01 am

, they would have known about the Dark Moon Family attack long before it happened.

Well, they knew what, but they had only a vague idea of how and practically no idea of when exactly.
Plus, Nemesis itself denied any and all attempts to detect it or predict its orbit.

Their foreknowledge was of very limited use.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Tovath » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:03 pm

They would have known not to exile the Black Moon Clan in the first place.
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon