Source for difference between 1990s anime and manga

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Source for difference between 1990s anime and manga

Postby Maximara » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Looking around I discover as page that give an overview of the differences between the 1990s anime and the manga:

http://www.eternalsailormoon.org/manga/manga2.html

While not detailed it is a good crib sheet on the differences
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Re: Source for difference between 1990s anime and manga

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:02 pm

Maximara wrote:Looking around I discover as page that give an overview of the differences between the 1990s anime and the manga:

That is a very opinionated article though... they lost me at the first line... as it stated the manga was prettier.

Not to my eyes... I thought for example manga Sailor Moon's princess outfit hideous even compared to the anime Sailor Moon princess outfit.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Source for difference between 1990s anime and manga

Postby Maximara » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:09 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:Maximara=Looking around I discover as page that give an overview of the differences between the 1990s anime and the manga:

That is a very opinionated article though... they lost me at the first line... as it stated the manga was prettier.

Not to my eyes... I thought for example manga Sailor Moon's princess outfit hideous even compared to the anime Sailor Moon princess outfit.

You didn't read it well enough.

"The drawing style in the manga is more detailed but whispier than that of the anime, and the characters are much prettier, especially in SailorStars where Takeuchi's beautiful style is clearly at its peak."

The page said the characters in the manga were prettier while the manga itself was "more detailed but whispier" You can have a pretty character wearing a nightmare inducing outfit. Heck you have real life models wearing outfits that horrid. :mrgreen:

The proportions of the Scouts on the cover Tankubon 4 remind me of Aron Flux and Phantom 2040 cartoons which seemed to have inspired Bayonetta's character design.

"You see, but you do not observe." - Sherlock Holmes A Scandal in Bohemia, 1892

Though i agree with the opinionated part with regards to the Dumb Sailormoon Rumors and Myths section. In fact some fo the stuff there is iffy:

"Haruka is 18 in SailorStars or S. She's 15 in S, 16 in SailorStars."

Uh according to Sailor Moon wiki she is 16-17 when she is introduced in the Wiseman Arc which assuming one year for each additional main arc (Dream and Galaxia) would put her in the 18-19 range.

"Uranus and Neptune have a child together (not Hotaru). Yeah. Right. "

Actually in fiction where have been all female societies having children. One of EC's Weird Science-Weird Fantasy stories had women from Earth's future (all men had been killed) coming back in time to bread with men from the past as they had exhausted the radioactive pools they have been using to produce children.

"Reeny is Serena's mother. You know, I'm my own grandmother too."

This idea also appear in EC's Weird Science-Weird Fantasy where it turned out that a woman's son was his own father.

"Hotaru and Chibi-usa are "more than just friends." That's really really really sick, something I don't need to think about, something some of you perverted fanfic writers need to stop fantasizing about."

Obvious this person has never even heard of Rule #34. A little searching and yep there is a Doujinsh series with this very idea. :shock: It's called Silent Saturn. Oh, from what I have read Chibi-usa is also a sadist in that thing. Great, as if Hotaru doesn't have enough issues. :oops:

"Chibichibi is 400. How does she keep that youthful complexion?"

This would look a lot less idiotic if in the manga Chibi-usa wasn't 900 freaking years old.
Maximara
Senshi Cadet

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon