Glass House Out of Character Conversations

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Glass House Out of Character Conversations

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:56 pm

Details about the setting of the RP. I wasn't sure if this belonged in the RP area or not so I figured this would be a good place to put it.

The Orchard:

North of the town, it's ran by a family of Earth Ponies and Unicorns. Because the of the family of mixed pony types they're trees are unique and grow apples, oranges, and banna's all on the same tree. Occasionally the trees grow fruits that are shaped wrong, such as Apple shaped bananas, or banana shaped oranges, or orange shaped apples. These misshapen fruit are poisonous to ponies and have to be disposed of.

I haven't though of a name for the family or even names for the members so I'm welcome to suggestions. The Father is an Earth pony, the mother is a Unicorn, and the children, are olderst male Unicorn, fraternal twins (male and female) earth pony, youngest girl unicorn.

~~~~

Unicorns and Horsehead Bay:

In Horsehead bay, they're are not many Unicorns. The towns folk are often distrustful of Unicorns and to an extension Alicorns. There are two reasons for this, the first is Starswirl the Bearded. While Starswirl exiled the Sirens, what is not apart of the lengend told by most (this is head cannon) but also created them. The second is Celestia's exile of Luna. They will be respectful, but expect some glares. Few Unicorns have earned their respect, such as the family at the farm, or the local Librarian.

~~~~

Sea Ponies:

(I kind of mentioned this in the Musical Pony topic but I think the Sirens were Sea Ponies) Horsehead Bay even when the town was much smaller has had a long history with Sea Ponies. It was Horsehead bay that the Sirens attacked, however what most folks don't know is the origin of the the sirens. Sea Ponies by their nature are magical, and musical. Three poor fillies were born without song and Star Swirl the bearded attempted to help them by given them enchanted necklaces of his own creation. However these necklaces were a failure, they allowed the fillies to sing, but it was a corrupted song they sung and gave them a hunger for the nastiest of emotions.

The Sea Ponies have always revered Luna because she of the oceans connection with the moon. When Celestia exiled Luna the sea ponies cut off all ties to the surface world only recently returning when Luna returned from the moon.

As stated before Sea Ponies are magical and musical. The stronger sea ponies can take an earth pony form to walk on dry land, the other float upon a bubble.

~~~~

Citizens of Horse Head Bay name game: (Many the named NPC citizens of Horsehead Bay have names taken from MLP G1)

-Applejack the star: ( http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G1_Applejack ) Applejack's cutie mark is of an apple star ( http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/apple-star-794807.jpg ), but other than that she share's her appearance with her G1 name sake. A cousin of the family that runs the orchard, Applejack is the only Earth Pony star of the Sea Pony Spectacular that is put on in the Amusement Park. She's quite the talented actress, and dreams of performing one day in Manehatten(sp). Perhaps playing the part of the pony she shares her name with in a tale about how they used the elements of harmony to save Nightmare Moon.

When I first decided on the Sea Ponies being friendly with the townsfolk I wanted them to do the Call Upon the Sea Ponies song as a part of a show at the amusement park. In the original special they're rescuing Applejack and Megan so I kind of wanted to name a pony in the show Applejack. I figure it's a big world why not multiple ponies with the same name?

-Mayor Sunburst: ( http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Sunburst ) In his younger days he wasn't too unlike Pinkie Pie or Cheese Sandwhich, but as he got older he felt he a greater tug of responsibility, now he cares for the happiness of the entire town.

I decided Horsehead Bay should have a stallion mayor. I couldn't really come up with a good name so I decided to look up the Big brother Ponies and chose one of them.

-Twilight the Librarian: ( http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Twilight ) Long ago a few years after the banishment of Night Mare Moon, Twilight came to Horse Head bay curious about the creatures know as Sea ponies. Sadly the Sea Ponies had left the bay and no one knew if they would ever return. Having spent all her money, just to travel she took up an job at the Library. Overtimes she found she enjoyed her work there. She spent everyday reading and caring for the library and every night looking up to the moon and wishing the Sea Ponies would return and that she would live long enough to see that return. Sadly she did not live long enough, but despite the death of her body her ghost lives on in the Library. While she lived to the to an old age, her ghost appears as she did when she first started at the library.

Twilight Came about because I wanted the ghost Unicorn to have a more librarian sort of name, but I couldn't think of a good one. So in the end I decided why not base her after G1 Twilight since the other two NPC's penned out had G1 names.

~~~~

The Jasmine Dragon:

A tea shop in the Chineigh style the Jasmine Dragon is run by the Lotus family.

-White Lotus is based on Uncle Iroh from the Avatar the Last Airbender. He's a grey earth pony with a white mane, he also has and Iroh styled beard. His cutie mark is a tea glass with a lotus design on it.

-Lotus Petal is the daughter of White Lotus and considered by many to be the many to be one of the beautiful ponies in town. While both her parents were earth ponies, she for some reason is a unicorn. Her coat is white and she has pink hair. Her appearance is sorta an older Rarity with Fluttershy's hair style. She often wears sleeveless cheongsams, but when her cutie mark is not covered it's a lotus flower in full bloom.

-Lotus Blossom is the daughter of Lotus Petal, and a year or so younger than the mane six. She a Pegasus with a light pink coat and a grey mane. Despite growing up in a tea shop she'd much rather make noodles, her cutie marks is a noodle bowl with a lotus design on it.

-Boomstick: Lotus Petal's husband and the father of Lotus Blossom and Snare. He's a tan Pegasus with a brown mane. Boomstick doesn't work at the teashop with his family instead he patrols the outside of the forest making sure the more dangerous animals don't wander beyond it. His cutie mark is a shotgun, although no pony knows that as ponies don't use guns. His pecular cutie mark was a source of frustration growing up but it was what brought him together with Lotus Petal. His odd cutie mark and her being a unicorn born to earth ponies made the both outcast or sorts.

-Snare: a white earth pony with a brown main. He's the younger brother of Lotus Blossom and doesn't have a cutie mark yet, but he follows in his father's foot steps and is learning to pervent beast from leaving the forest. On occasions his traps affect residents of Horse Head bay, and he's caught Lio in snare traps at least twice.

After [MENTION=10729]Uglarinn[/MENTION] mentioned Chineigh in the Glass House I kind of wanted a Tea Shop in Horse Head bay. No idea why, but as I started the one on one with him, and his mentor Lotus was introduced I decided I wanted to have Iroh as the owner of the Tea Shop. Weather White Lotus is related to Lotus is up to Uglarinn,but it was the best Pony name I could come up with for Iroh.

Lotus Blossom being a Pegasus came about from me just wanting all three pony types represented in the family. Then from there I got the idea for her father, who didn't spend time at home because he patrolled the forest. The first name to come to my mind for him was Buzz Lightyear for some reason, but ultimately as hunter I chose Boomstick, his unique cutie mark gave me a reason for him to have a relationship with Lotus Petal. Snare came about because I decided since one child sort of took after the mother to have another take after the father. It also give a friend for Usagi. If someone would like to play them (an individual member of the family or all) that be awesome, but if know one steps up I'll play them myself.

~~~~

Okay new Town Folks:

-Tex Sagebrush XV (appearance based on: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Tex ) : Tex is the captain of the Town Gaurd but he prefers to be called Sheriff. He speaks with a southern draw (I might butcher it typing it out sorry). Tex is reasonable pony with a reasonable demand that folks obey the town rules. He tries to be polite and corgil, but don't get on his bad side. His hat's magical, what makes it magical and how it works even he doesn't know, on occasion it just does stuff. Supposedly Tex Sagebrush the first, got the hat from Discord and it been passed on down from father to son.

-Moonstone: (Apperance and cutie marked based on: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Moonstone ) : If you ask the town folks, Moonstone is mostly harmless. Despite being a unicorn Moonstone rarely uses anything but levetaion magic. Her most dangerous weapon is her mouth because she has a habit of going off on tangents before getting to her point. Her major interest is astronomy, but as a hobby she's trying to find alien life. Anytime she see's a cutie mark she doesn't recognize she'll accost the poor pony and accuse them of being an alien. Not a native of Horsehead Bay she come from the town of Flankston and is a big fan of Unstable, especially a certain guitarist. Unfortunately he already has a girlfriend.

- Tony the Toaster Obsessed Changeling: A young changeling that's friends with Usagi and Snare. Tony isn't the changelings real name, but Usagi couldn't pronounce it so she calls him Tony. Since he first visited the Glass House he's become enamored with Toast. The changelings don't use technology in their forest hideaway.

Yeah, I got the idea for his name from TRP.

Okay that's everything from the EP topic plus the new NPC already introduced.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: Glass House Out of Character Conversations

Postby Queen Cerali » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:31 am

now I am aware of this thread. thank you :D
The Shifters shall rise!
Queen Cerali
Senshi Candidate

Re: Glass House Out of Character Conversations

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:33 am

You're welcome. Fukufics isn't set up like Every Pony, this was the best place for the OOCC topic.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk