Avoiding Spamville Neo!

Chit Chat: Freeform roleplay. Only place where spam allowed. This topic is periodically pruned for removal of old posts

Re: Avoiding Spamville Neo!

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:53 pm

Lioconvoy wrote:I don't think I could watch the dub of the Anime. Picolo just does not sound right for Zolo.

Eh, close enough.

Neko- wrote:Who’s talking dub? If possible I’m watching subbed.

(Plus, I’ve seen awful examples of censoring done to the dub)

I'm okay with either, in all honesty. If I had to pick one over the other I'd pick subbed, but in the long run it doesn't matter to me.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:34 pm

Neko- wrote:(Plus, I’ve seen awful examples of censoring done to the dub)

Mostly that's because of the early 4kids dub.

4kids did some really... shitty things.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:44 am

KonokoHasano wrote:Mostly that's because of the early 4kids dub.

4kids did some really... shitty things.

At least 4kids didn’t pull what DiC and Pioneer did with Sailor Moon...(and we never did get the later seasons of Stars in the United States...too mature my holographic backside)...and we must not forget the politics around Robotech/Macross and Harmony Gold’s license agreement here as well
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:14 am

I kind of have to wonder if part of the reason we didn't get Stars in the States (heh) is because of how the Starlights were seen. *shrugs* But then I'm not too much in the know on that stuff, so I can't bring myself to care.

"Aaaand I'm back to having hard drive problems again. It's starting to look like I won't be able to use my laptop's built-in drive for gaming or video recording anymore, since any attempts at accessing the sectors where those files are located (or even trying to fix those sectors with the Chkdsk tool) results in that entire partition vanishing from File Explorer. Oh, well... :twisted: At least I still have a 4 TB external drive to work with. YOU CANNOT STOP THE FAILURE!"

Ooookay, Curtis, you can chill out now. :o
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Questionable dub practices still exist, too.

Such as how Saban dubbed Smile Precure for Netflix and went the whole hog. Changing names, making the characters live in 'America' instead of Japan, only airing 40 of 48 episodes, and also calling it 'Glitter Force'

And then with DokiDoki Precure, they did the same thing... and it only contained 30 of 49 episodes. Naming it 'Glitter Force DokiDoki'

These kind of dubbing practices shouldn't exist anymore.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:05 pm

Kind of the norm for Saban, honestly. It's how the Pizza Cats came to be, after all.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:20 am

Pizza Cats seems to be one of the better dubs. I have seen the rare episode in Japanese, but think the English dub works better.
Then again, the English dub changed the tone of the whole series to a more comedic one if I recall correctly. The Japanese version was a bit more serious/grounded.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:21 pm

Comedic on the whole, anyway. The comet episode at the end was taken a bit more seriously. I've actually heard stories about how that episode in particular got people hooked on the Pizza Cats in the first place.

Anyway, so the story goes, the original production company for KNT didn't give any scripts to Saban because the latter had their full permission to turn the series into something that Western audiences would enjoy. Having seen (and owned) both iterations of the series, I'm actually a bit torn as to which I prefer. :?
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:02 am

The script not being available is even a joke in the SPC opening song.

https://www.two4u.com/pizzacats/opening_en.html

The Big Cheese is the villain,
who's lower than low.
It's a rotten shame
he lives in Little Tokyo.
We've got a nasty Bad Bird
and some nasty Ninja Crowes.
As soon as someone finds the script
we might begin the show.

Sit back and rest your feet
and turn the sound up high.
And if you want the full effects
go eat a pizza pie!
Hahaha!
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:27 am

Okay, a Pokemon-related question I thought I should ask...

Setting aside the Switch and Sword & Shield for a moment... as some here may recall, I had Moon on the 3DS. I never did get around to getting Ultra Moon or Ultra Sun; the local Wal-Mart still has both on the shelves (for ~$32 each), and I was wondering - at this late stage, is it at all worth it to get either? And if so, would it be better to get Ultra Sun over Ultra Moon?

I know, I'm probably better off just saving the money for something else, but every time I see those two games on the shelf, I wonder if I should get them. ^_^;

Don't know whether or not this would be of special interest to Neko-, or anyone else, but...
For an Eva crossover project, Yoko Takahashi was asked to perform a new, official "neko" remix of A Cruel Angel's Thesis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVHdUakiEo4

(For more information: All words in Evangelion theme replaced by cat meow in official remake by original singer【Video】 | SoraNews24 -Japan News-)
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Neko- » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:37 pm

Makoto wrote:Don't know whether or not this would be of special interest to Neko-, or anyone else, but...
For an Eva crossover project, Yoko Takahashi was asked to perform a new, official "neko" remix of A Cruel Angel's Thesis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVHdUakiEo4

(For more information: All words in Evangelion theme replaced by cat meow in official remake by original singer【Video】 | SoraNews24 -Japan News-)

Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:39 pm

Makoto wrote:Okay, a Pokemon-related question I thought I should ask...

Setting aside the Switch and Sword & Shield for a moment... as some here may recall, I had Moon on the 3DS. I never did get around to getting Ultra Moon or Ultra Sun; the local Wal-Mart still has both on the shelves (for ~$32 each), and I was wondering - at this late stage, is it at all worth it to get either? And if so, would it be better to get Ultra Sun over Ultra Moon?

I know, I'm probably better off just saving the money for something else, but every time I see those two games on the shelf, I wonder if I should get them. ^_^;

Personally I'd go for Ultra Moon, but that's just because I prefer blue over orange any day. :lol: The Ultra games had their fair share of differences compared to the originals (including this one minigame that I thought was rather fun), so if you're contemplating getting at least one of them, then I'd say go for it.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:32 am

I got Ultra Moon just to see Team Rocket return. It was okay. Sun is kind of boring, haven't fished it yet. I also need to finish the Team Rocket stuff in Ultra Moon. I got sun after Ultra Moon.

I saw Circe on.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:54 am

Neko- wrote:Image

What, are you kidding? Science and industry finally provide a worthwhile alternative to getting Nyan Cat stuck in your head, and you're scared? :mrgreen:

CRBWildcat wrote:Personally I'd go for Ultra Moon, but that's just because I prefer blue over orange any day. :lol: The Ultra games had their fair share of differences compared to the originals (including this one minigame that I thought was rather fun), so if you're contemplating getting at least one of them, then I'd say go for it.

Hmm. I'll think about it, then. :)

Lioconvoy wrote:I got Ultra Moon just to see Team Rocket return. It was okay. Sun is kind of boring, haven't fished it yet. I also need to finish the Team Rocket stuff in Ultra Moon. I got sun after Ultra Moon.

Boring? How so?
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Circe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:55 pm

Lioconvoy wrote:I saw Circe on.

Hiya! I might not have much to say a lot of the time, but I do, in fact, still exist!
My Spamville character sheet!

Sailor Soldier of Umbriel!
Circe
Crystal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Spamville