Avoiding Spamville Neo!

Chit Chat: Freeform roleplay. Only place where spam allowed. This topic is periodically pruned for removal of old posts

Re: Avoiding Spamville Neo!

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue May 31, 2022 9:06 pm

Man. There's finally going to be Pokemon S/V news tomorrow.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:39 pm

I haven't been paying a ton of attention to it, personally.

"Neither have I, though that's mostly because I've ended up enjoying the games regardless of what is showcased."

Meanwhile, Aldonza's utterly geeking out somewhere. 8)
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:30 pm

I can't believe it's almost July.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:30 pm

Hey everyone, it's been a long time, I can't even remember the last time I posted on here. How is everyone doing?
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:21 am

So-so, can't complain. Sort of. How about you?
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:58 am

Happy Fourth of July!
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:59 pm

I'm pretty good Wildcat. It's nice to see some familiar faces. I will try my best to be more active on here, but I can't make any promises.

Happy fourth of July to you as well Lio.
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:02 pm

Being active is hard because it's easy to forget to visit.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:02 pm

Especially when you're a member of multiple forums. You focus on posting in some forums and other forums you forget you're a member of.
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:16 pm

Yeah, no kidding. I can recall at least five different forums I'm a part of, but two of them I haven't been around for... anywhere from months to years, really.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:49 am

I'm fairly sure I have some passwords for forums I haven't visited in foreve floating around my passwordlist...

But this forum, and the couple of Mustang forums I'm a member off do see me getting regular update-emails, so I'm not really forgetting about the forums I'm active on anyway...

Tho this forum is the one that sees the most posting activity from me ;)
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:01 pm

I think Forums are quickly becoming a thing of the past except for a few select ones. Especially with more and more Discord Servers popping up.
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:16 am

Well.. For social things they might be.

I mean, lots of folks flock to Facebook just because: 'I'm on there already to see what aunty Agatha is up to, so if I can see what's up in that-and-that community without th hassle to actually go to a forum, I'm all for that'.
Discord is more of a newer incarnation of the older IRC (atleast, that's what I gathered when I used it for a few sessions). I recall I did make an account, but found it unwieldy to work with, so I've not really gone back to it. I still drop by IRC every now and then tho :P I do recall there is still a #fukufics channel on one of the IRC networks too. Recall I had that entered into the config of the client, but I'd have to look that up if applicable. Don't have that info readily at the forefront of my thoughts.

Forums I feel however do fill a specific niche.

Where a chat helps you directly, it's rarely possible to go back to any chatlogs years past to review what was said unless you logged the chat yourself. And even then it disallows others from finding any answers you were given to possibly solve their issue...
Facebook is somewhat of the same... But while the search function is available, finding something specific often is tedious, and innundates you with results that seem to have nothing to do with your query. So actually finding something there gives you too many results to sift through. Facebook has just wayto broad a dataset (everyone has different interests) to make zero-ing in on what you are interested in a hassle.

A forum has a specific topic (and a branch of the forum may even focus on specific topics), and thus searching on a forum would already majorly restrict all results to just that topic. That cuts down on the search-result clutter tremendously. It leaves searchable results which (as long as the forum remains around, of or the WayBack Machine has a cache entry of it) remain available to people. The only restriction in searching could be you'd have to be a member of the forum, since some forums don't allow anonymous browsing/searching.

And like I said... I frequent this forum, a couple of Mustang boards (just to read up, keep in contact, and occassionally ask questions about things to sort problems I'm having with mine. Beyond that some IT boards (SpiceWorks comes to mind). Tho the IT ones are more to pick the minds of others in regards to issues I need a fresh perspective on or just plain can't figure out on my own. I'm still very much a Forum guy.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:21 pm

"My personal beef with IRC and Discord is that it's very easy to lose one's temper and type things before your brain can catch up. When I was in high school and college, I was actually banned from my favorite IRC channel once or twice because of that tendency, so I don't involve myself in that stuff anymore. ()^_^

"Far as forums go, the three main ones I still go to are here (obviously), MSF (despite me and Ookalf/Circe being pretty much the only ones who post there nowadays), and Everypony. Three that I don't go to much anymore are Edoropolis (a Pizza Cats-centric forum), Talkhaus (for the Let's Player raocow), and Spacebattles (only joined because it was the only way I could keep in contact with Comartemis)."
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:47 pm

Really, MSF is that dead huh. It was pretty dead when I used to post there after a while. I can't even remember my password for that one.
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Spamville