1/3 of chap 1 of "Daimakaicho; Ranma"

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

1/3 of chap 1 of "Daimakaicho; Ranma"

Postby Tuisto » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:35 am

Daimakaichō Ranma: chapter 1, An ending for the beginning.
Disclaimer: Naturally none of the characters in the following fiction are mine. Nor is their use or representation here in any way affiliated with their respective copyright and patent holders. Please send all appropriate character accreditation to:
Ranam1/2; Rumiko Takahashi and Kitty Studios.
Ah! My Goddess; Hiroaki Gohda and AIC Studios.
Hellsing; Kouta Hirano and GONZO Studios.
Author's note, and summary: what you're about to read, is something, rather an idea that's plagued me for quite some time. The basic principle to this idea is that what if Ranma was Bad? Evil? Cunningly Malicious?
As in so many fan fictions, Ranma is portrayed as many things lackwitted, stupid, a hero, a heroine, a scapegoat, naïve, a pervert, and generally all-around good guy/gal.
And to be quite honest with you I'm sick of it!
Sure there are fictions where Ranma has been bad, or gone into murderous rage, and even a few that even have Ranma descending into being a demon. But sadly very few of those are any good. And even in these, Ranma has still been, generally good. I would direct you to "The Merger" by deathgeonous, as a fine fic in its own regards, but even there where Ranma and Hild have merged (as the title may suggest) Ranma is still good.
So now if you'll allow me, I shall endeavor to fill the chasm found in Ranma fan fictions, and have Ranma end-up as the song says "Bad to the Bone" as the new supreme demon of the underworld, Hild’s replacement. And in case you haven't already guessed at this fan fiction is a fusion between Ah! My Goddess and Ranma1/2, with cameo bit roles from Hellsing to be introduced later. As well as a possible Shojo-ai/yuri matchups.
Also in case any of you are wondering, the timeline in this is a Ranma based, two years post the incident with Saffron and the manga end.
Also, a decent understanding of Ah! My Goddess, season two episode 17 wherein Urd rebuffs Hild's offer to join her and the demons in Niffelheim would be helpful. Though the first chapter of the fan fiction “Ah My Demoness” by StarEyed2 on fanfiction(dot)net, is close enough for a general understanding if you haven't had a chance to view the episode in question.
Well you've been warned! So, Watch out world as Here Comes Daimakaichō Ranma!
- - - - -

In a plane of existence on a level of reality far removed from that of Earth, and even farther removed from that of Asgard, a dark swirling vortex of clouds began to form in the perpetual twilighted sky above the city of the demons, Niffelheim. As cool winds began galling through the city and vapors began to swirl and twisted all the while dissipating, a great many lower demons began to grow fearful of what was approaching and the unknown.
Then there is a sudden thunderous crash and a whirlwind with whipping purple flickering lightning crashed into the middle of one of the main thoroughfares near the “downtown” of Niffelhiem.
As the whirlwind dies down returning to the normal soft yet cool and damp breeze that pervades the dimly lit streets of Niffelheim, there stands the Queen herself to realm herself; Hild.

Hild has her head down, staring blankly at her slightly charred and still smoking regal dress, then thought to herself ‘I must look to be an absolute mess…’ and she sighed uncaring of all the demons and spirits that had stopped all activities to stare at their queen, her singed and smoking white hair and generally disheveled dress from her little parting “tiff” with Urd-chan.
Then the macabre silence was broken as someone somewhere in the assembled crowd coughed politely and asked in a weekly trembling voice "Hild Sama?"
Her head suddenly snapped up still staring blankly but now were gaze riveted upon the assembled crowd, and when she looked upon them they all flinched in fear.
No one said a word after that.
‘Of course they won’t speak to you, you’re their queen after all!’ Hild thought to herself in exasperation as she turned away from the crowd and began trod down the street paved in the gray and ethereal wails of tortured souls, heading in the familiar route towards her castle.
During Hild’s quiet solitary walk she can't help but to smile as she sees to her right the Ginnungagap lake park. “It really is more like a small sea rather than a lake isn’t it?” Hill said quietly to herself, as even she could just barely see the far shore on the south side of the lake and beyond the shore the fire city of Muspelheim: the ‘twin’ city of Niffelheim, the city of ice.
For a few moments to Hild's worries and concerns seemed to just melt away in the unusually serene place in Niffelheim with the calm cool waters and the dominating vista of the base of the Yggdrasil near the east shore and the mighty welling spring Hvergelmir, its waters running through the roots of Yggdrasil to then cascade down the waterfall of knives, to then end in the Ginnunagagap lake as a mist in a fantastic kaleidoscopic array of colors in the perpetual twilight.
Hild wasn't certain how long she was standing there lost in her own reverie of such a simple pleasure as watching the water until she noticed that there is absolutely no one else in the park. Picnic baskets were left unattended and the playing area for the very few demonic children was empty. Turning around she saw why; all the demons and spirits that had been enjoying the park prior to her arrival were waiting on the street behind her, undoubtedly waiting for her to leave. Though none of them said a word, she knew why they were staying back, giving her room, it was fear. Fear of her.

She smiled slightly to the gathered crowd behind her, then one of them, a low-level fear demon by the looks of him screamed in terror shouting that they were all going to die as he ran off. Hild frowned at that and turned on her heel and began walking back towards the castle, angrily and not stopping until she was finally in the quiet of her chambers.
Once in her chambers she practically slammed the door shut then sighed and leaned herself back against it. She stayed that way for a few moments collecting herself then straightened and began to walk into her chambers undressing as she went as each article of clothing was removed she’d just thrown it in the air where it would audibly #pop!# and vanish, to go from where whence it came.
As she approached her luxurious red silk canopy bed now in the nude save for her headdress, she concentrated slightly on tiny fraction of her power and was then instantly clad in a violent hued night gown, then she gently removed her headdress and reverently placed it on a waiting stand by her bed.
She then realized it was far too early to actually rest, so she sighed sitting down on the edge of her bed and thought aloud “it's too quite here. Of course it's _always_ quiet and solitary here…"
She then sighed again, and looked over her shoulder at her bed and tried to think the last time she shared it, the last time she can recall was when she was with HIM, the all father Kami-Sama, the night she conceived Urd…
That line of thought abruptly stopped as a wash of feelings of unbidden pain, sadness and anger came rushing to the forefront of Hild's mind, to which she stood up suddenly clutched her head and screamed "Dammit All!" with such force that the light grey polished stone floor she stood on cracked in a spider web array around her and blackened to true and utter damnation from Hild’s word alone.
For a few moments Hild stood there hands still clutched on her head breathing heavily, then took several deep calming breathes and started to say to herself quietly "Come on Hild get a grip on yourself now. Thinking about how much your own daughter and husband hate you isn’t going to be doing you any good! And really who needs them?! You are the queen after all with trillions and trillions of subjects and power beyond reason! What could those two possibly that you don't already have?!"
…silence…
She then mutters quietly "Family and love, that's what..."
With that said her shoulders slumped and she began to walk towards her large carved mahogany desk, her footfalls echoing throughout the nearly empty room, once there she sat down heavily into her large padded leather chair called on her power to materialize a small bowl of popcorn and called up her Nidhogg terminal access a view of the recently arrived list, Hell's newest denizens.
As the list slowly scrolls by in the nearly transparent ethereal screen, numbers and statistics of some artificial vampires from London or werewolves from France or the occasional martial artist demigod from rural China sure clients in her chair absently munching their popcorn pain the list scrolling by no mind and she thinks back to her Urd chan and her half sisters Balldandy and Skuld all staying in that temple, and more precisely Urd's flat-out denial to join her in Niffelheim, without even hearing why she was making the request at all.
"Oh my Urd chan, my precious baby girl, was it so wrong for me really to want you to come and be with me?!" Hill cried out to herself choking back a sob that threatened to escape her lips.
"Oh Urd, am I really so bad that you wouldn't even hear me out? To think I was going to offer my kingdom, my very realm and power to you my daughter. As out of all the beings in the universe you were one of the few that can understand and appreciate the delicate balance. Light and dark yin and yang good and evil, demon and god alike, Urd, you of all would have known this, and been able to take my place..."
With that said Hild let out a tired sigh and leaned forward placed her elbows on her desk and dropping her face into her hands, shook with sobs and muted wails thinking of how she’ll now have to find her successor elsewhere.
"Yeah right! Like someone that's uniquely qualified of understanding ‘Balance’ and capable of taking my place is going to just drop into hell any minute now…" Hild said with a bitter laugh and a choked sob once again staring at her newly arrived “guest” list.
- - - - - -
Ranma sighed as she careened wildly through the air looking down at her landing spot; a drainage canal. When she first arrived in Nerima almost 3 years ago, landing in such an abundant source of cold water would have driven Ranma into the foulest of moods until she could have changed back into a “He”.
Now though... now it was merely an irritation at getting wet, and then having to wash herself and her silk clothes free of that pungent and stagnant water smell.
As Ranma was falling closer to her watery landing spot now she could clearly make out the pile of broken cinderblocks right in the middle of her shallow watery salvation.
‘Heh, this is probably where Nabiki's been having Akane’s broken cinderblocks dumped’ Ranma thought darkly as she first struck the water then the pile of debris below the surface.
#SPLASH!#
#CRACK!#
As Ranma then dragged herself out of the canal and on to the low bank, she grimaced at seeing her dislocated shoulder.
For a moment she looked around trying to get her bearings straight so she could head on over to Doc. Tofu's place. But then she could just smack herself as she remembered that Doctor Tofu, one of maybe only three people in all of Nerima who unconditionally liked her, and he skipped town just before she had to leave to go to China and face against Saffron.
So with a scowl on her face Ranma bit her lip to bite back the scream of pain as she realigned her shoulder herself.
As Ranma ascended over the canals embankment wall, she startled a great many of the passersby and shopkeepers that were out for the afternoon with her bedraggled appearance.
Though Ranma could only snort with disgust as she noticed most of the men probably didn't get a care over how mussed her hair was or muddied and wrinkled her black pants and red shirt were. But rather how her silk garments were clinging to her generous curves.
She sighed at that thought, as it was yet another “joy” of her curse to age and mature with her. Yes now at 19, Ranma was tall, very tall indeed for any Japanese woman, at 176 cm tall, with supermodel figure and a bust line that men would have to be gay or dead to not notice.
Then while stretching and getting her bearings from her impromptu flight, she couldn't help but notice that a young man looking up her way at her “charms” had walked straight into a low fire hydrant.
In another life Ranma may have cringed with sympathy for the unfortunate young man, and his groinal pain from walking into such a hard iron object, now though all she can do is mutter "Men are such pigs…" as she stuck her hands in their pockets and started her slow trek back towards the Tendo dojo.
A few moments into her walking Ranma began to ponder her reaction towards that young fellow, as she was rather surprised by how uncaring she was, but also rather how feminine her reaction was to the plight of the ogling young man.
“I guess years of groping perverts, and Tatewaki Kuno would’a changed anyone’s outlook…” Ranma mused quietly to herself and had to bite back a growl and grinding of teeth as she thought back to Kuno. Yes after all these years Kuno is still after his “Ossage no Onna”, but on Ranma's 18th birthday Kuno went too far. Ranma remembered clearly how HE had been truly enjoying one of maybe only four birthday party’s he’d ever had in his life, when Kuno crashed the party with one of his sisters knockout powders, and in a true display of Murphy's Law, cold punch splashed onto Ranma changing him from a male to female. Then of course the next thing Ranma knows, is that SHE’S waking up in Kuno’s boudoir on Tatewaki's bed in her underwear
(boxers and muscle-shirt) with Kuno similarly undressed straddling her, kissing at the nape of her neck and muttering praises of how he'd bring her into the graces of womanhood as his present for her 18th year. Needless to say Kuno ended up in a full body cast in the traction ward of Nerima hospital for three months for his trouble.
For a few moments after her initial angered thought of Kuno, Ranma couldn't help but to reminisce on some of the other more poignant experiences she's had since she first arrived in Nerima as she walked. Things like the cats tongue the ghost cat, Herb of the Musk and his damnable locking ladle, Saffron of the Phoenix, and the failed wedding…
"Ah, the failed wedding where everything got shot straight to hell…" Ranma thought that to herself of how such a simple thing that she, a He at the time, would have gladly gone through with was ruined by, in her opinion, the petty wants of the other fiancées and cursed martial artists alike…
What was more painful though was how for more than two months after that, Akane would say hardly a word to anyone, and seemingly took great lengths to avoid Ranma while also sneaking covert glances, that weren't so covert to Ranma’s trained eye.
Ranma could only blush prettily as the clear memory of how Akane had dragged Ranma to sit under a tree in a park one day after school, and had their first actual talk since before the wedding…
- - - -
"Geeze what's your problem tomboy that ya’ gotta’ drag me out here after school like this…" Ranma said with one of his classic rogue-ish grins. As not more than five minutes ago the school bell had rung and Akane had grabbed his hand and immediately began running at full tilt to one of the local districts smaller parks, with Ranma flapping like a flag behind her.
After seating herself on the ground beside a tree, Akane then patted the ground next to her as an invitation to Ranma to sit. After Ranma had ungracefully plopped down onto the ground, hands behind his head and leaning against the tree, seemingly uncaring of the world around him, Akane turned to face him a determined expression on her face.
After several moments Ranma was beginning to become nervous under Akane's hard scrutiny, so he said in typical Ranma fashion "Yo, Akane what's the matter ya’ sick or somethin’?" But then surprised Ranma was that instead of being angry and shouting at Ranma for being stupid or insensitive, Akane broke into a bout of giggles, then said. "No, nothing like that. I guess this is just really hard for me..."
Akane then sighed and looked at Ranma and asked "Ranma at the wedding, would you've gone through with it?"
For a moment Ranma looks confused by the question and says "Well yeah sure I would have. It's a matter of honor and all..."
Akane then lets out a tired sigh and says "Ranma, forget about honor here for a minute. Would you have really gone through with it for Me? For Love?"
Ranma then sits up straight and squirms uncomfortably and thinks ‘come on you idiot say it! You know it's true! You know you know you love her! This is it! So tell her already!’ With his mind made up Ranma faces Akane, a determination in his eyes similar to her own and says "Yes Akane I do love you"
For a moment Akane smiles warmly at him, and then there is a look of sadness and she turned her head away to look straight up into the clear blue sky, still looking at the clouds in the blue sky Akane says softly "I can't, I'm sorry Ranma I can't... just can't love you... like that..."
After those words had left her mouth, Ranma lurched forward a pain in his chest as though he has been punched, feeling sick he turned his eyes towards Akane a pleading in them, to find an understanding.
Akane then continued seemingly unaware of how her words had affected Ranma, and said with a softer bitter chuckle "You know Ranma, back in the days of the hentai-hoard, when I'd have to shout ‘I HATE BOYS!’ when going to school, and then had to fight off 20 to 40 boys of the school?..." Ranma nodded dumbly to this, but Akane didn't really notice as she continued "... well Ranma it seems I really did hate boys..." she then lets a tired sigh out "…gosh this is so hard, Ranma but I'm getting to is that I'm a lesbian."
For a few moments Ranma silent internally boggling at this… what-ever the heck this is, then saying in a shaky sputtering voice "You mean, that you’re a, you’re really a…"
Akane then fed up with his lame sputtering says "Yes Ranma I'm a lesbian, I prefer women, a dyke, a carpet muncher, riding the fence, and last but certainly not least a Pervert!"
Ranma then absorbs this and says in a hurt tone "So this is why, you and me and… you don't… love…me?"
Akane then whirls around to face Ranma shaking her head frantically and says "No! That's not what I meant at all!..." Akane then takes a deep breath and grabs Ranma by the shoulders looking him right in the eye "... no you baka, I do love you Ranma! I… I… I love that redheaded girl that first came into my home over the shoulder of the wet panda! That insufferably sweet redheaded girl who beat me in that first sparring match the dojo! That naïve girl who always tries to do the right thing no matter what! It's you! You Ranma, are the _girl_ I love! The _person_ I love!" Akane then reached into her school bag and pulled out a clear plastic bottle of clean crisp and cool natural spring water, just plain water, and presented it to Ranma saying in a voice trembling with anxiety "Ranma, would you be a girl for me? A pervert for me? You know, perverts together?"
Ranma then looked to her face and in her eyes, then looked down to the offered bottle, then took the bottle standing up he walked if you way looking straight down and Akane. Akane list of growing nervous thinking ‘You Baka! You told him all this now he hates you! She'll hate you! No one will want to be with a deviant pervert like you! Baka! I shouldn't have said anything at all! Baka! Baka! Baka!’
Meanwhile Ranma is thinking ‘Should I? I mean it's still Akane after all! So what if she prefers my girl side? If we'd gotten married she have to face that part of me anyway… but this way its open… and she’s really taking a risk laying it all out like that, the way she did. And I am pretty comfortable in that girl's body now. Not to mention HOT… And what did Nabiki say all the time ago, something about “interesting combinations” and “never being bored”…?’ Rama then looked down to the nervous face of Akane smiling, he then unscrewed the cap of the water bottle and lifted it over his face and said to Akane "For you Akane anything! I'll do it!"
And so he poured cold water over his face, changing from tall black haired boy you Ranma to the slightly shorter than Akane redheaded girl Ranma. By now Akane had moved to tears of happiness as she jumped from her seat on the ground and rushed up and grabbed the shorter redhaired girl in a fierce hug crying tears of happiness and muttering “Thank you’s” to Ranma.
Ranma just held Akane for a few moments until the dark-haired girl quieted down and there it is tugging peacefully, she then said quietly "I'll do it on just one condition." She then felt Akane stiffen in her grasp so she pushed away from the hug but held Akane at the shoulders. Akane was now having butterflies in her stomach as to what this possible condition could be, when Ranma said in a playful tone "My one condition Akane, is that I’M the tomboy of the relationship!"
Akane just stared blankly at Onna-Ranma for a moment, and Ranma stared right back with a cocky grin, then the silence of the moment was broken as they both broke into a fit of giggles, Akane then saying through her humor "Sure Ranma, you can be the tomboy!" This of course brought out another bout of giggles.
Then Ranma had a wicked idea as she then brought her arms around the taller girl's neck, and leaned in for a quick kiss on the lips. But was more shocked when Akane grabbed her in tight, and devoured her in the kiss, parting her lips and forcing her tongue into Ranma's mouth.
Moments, minutes, hours later Ranma wasn't certain, they both broke the kiss coming up for air and looked into the other's eyes and simultaneously said "Wow!"
Only then did he look around themselves and their surroundings to notice a group of young teenage boys did obviously been playing frisbee had all passed out from nasal blood hemorrhaging…
Akane then looked to Ranma and said blushing sheepishly "I guess we were quite the sight…"
To which a Ranma replied with a grin "Yeah but who cares? Men are idiots after all…"
Akane then stared at Ranma, a grin slowly creepign across her face, and said "yeah that's true, but sometimes they do get things right…" with that they both broke into more giggles, until suddenly Akane noticed how late it was getting and said "Oh-my-gosh! Look how late it's gotten! We'd better get back to the dojo before we miss supper!" Ranma then said a quick "Right!" And the two girls began walking towards the park's western exit, heading right into the sunset, neither noticing they were holding each others hand…
- - - - -
Ranma is then broken out of reminiscing over one of her favorite pleasant memories as she notices she's arrived back at the Tendo dojo. Walking into the gate she notices the previous signs of where the shit hit the fan, but also the new evidence of the fan hitting back, of the combine Tendo and Sãotomé clans, as well as an irate Ryoga, a pissed Ukyo, and a troupe of not so happy Amazon's. But her gaze is immediately drawn to the tear stained face of Akane. ‘She’s even cute when she’s cryin’…’ Ranma thought she stared at the more matured and filled out Akane.
...[blinking cursor]
Well folks, there's what I think is the "finished" bit of the first third or so of the first chapter of a story I've been tinkering with for many many weeks now. Today was the first day I actually had time to take my notes of mad ramblings and form something cohesive. I'll post the next segments of the chapter when I can read through them, and like it enough to consider it finished. So, shouldn't be but a few days...
What WILL be seen in the next segments? Lets say it will be more Angst from Hild-sama, a grandiouse battle royal, all started by Ranma and Akane "coming out" wanting to be "life-partners". And the chapter ends with Ranma DEAD! D.E.A.D.!
Killing off your lead character! What a great way to start a story don't you think?!
Then my notes for chapter 2... well lets say Ranma, meet Hild, Hild, meet Ranma... Universe weeps in despair, and a certain vampire in London wets himself...
Furthermore, in case you hadn't already guessed it, this is a Ranma-centric, angst/tragedy/action with a touch of comedy, multi-cross. But I have a question. when I put it up on FF.net and MediaMiner, should it go in the "Ranma" catgory, or "Anime Crossovers"? Any ideas?
Well... C&C away! I look forward to brutal honesty, but nothing snide...
Thanks.
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby deathgeonous » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:28 am

It's looking good to start off with, but I'd want to read the full first chapter to say "Great Job." or anything like that. As to where to put it up, the Ranma section would be my choice.
And you're right in the fact that there's not may 'Bad/Evil Ranma' fics, but how bad/evil is Ranma going to be? And in what way? Evil for pure evil's sake, or evil with a purpose? I would perfer seeing evil with a purpose. Like 'Ok, all these people have to die so the world as a whole can live. Besides, I'm going to be getting most of their souls anyway.' I more see Ranma, and Hild for that matter, doing evil for a purpose, not just for it's own sake.
On another note, I first looked at this fic becuase you took one of the titles I was going to call The Merger now that I'm rewriting it, but that's fine as I have others.
Hope the rest of the chapter is as good as the first third, and good luck with this, I'll be keeping an eye out for it.
‘Stealing from one person is called plagiarism. Stealing from multiple people is called research!’ The Crossover Writer's Core Motto.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Musouka » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:59 am

Your Hild sounds like she's lawful evil or something close. I think it would be better if Ranma becomes Hild's "daughter" by adoption instead of them merging. Haven't seen that scenario before so it might be interesting. Hild can taunt Urd of having abetter daughter who takes after her.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:09 am

Excellent start. I agree with Musouka. Ranma becoming Hild's daughter would be an interesting change. I have no problem with an evil Ranma as long as it's believable. And I'd put it into the Ranma section for two reasons. It's Ranmacentric and you'd probably have more readers by putting it into the Ranma section.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby deathgeonous » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:06 am

May I add another vote for Ranma being adopted by Hild.
‘Stealing from one person is called plagiarism. Stealing from multiple people is called research!’ The Crossover Writer's Core Motto.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:19 pm

deathgeonous wrote:May I add another vote for Ranma being adopted by Hild.

Yes, I see the people have spoken! And really that's a pretty good idea. I was just going to have Hild want a replacement so she could retire, but this "adoption" idea... oooh, I can see all sorts of wonderful angst-trips in this...
And as far as how bad and evil Ranma will be... well, there will be purpose to it. It's not like an "I'm so powerful and bad I think I'll blow up New York for the hell of it! Muwahaha!" but rather more of a "I'm going to stop you, and when I do, you'll roast on a spit in hell for all eternity...! " kind'a thing.
Also, I'm formatting my ideas for chapter 3; How many of you would like to see a bloodbath during Ranma's return to Nerima, preceeded by a 1st level Guilt Demon that looks like a kindly little old lady plagueing the Tendos/Saotomes sense of... well... guilt? Never underestimate the power of guilt...
Show of hands?
Thanks for the C&C so far! :D
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Hazard » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:44 pm

No on the bloodbath, yes on the guilt demon. The reason for no on the bloodbath is simple, the living can be tortured more and make better examples than the dead do.
Also: Ranma as Boss of Hell? Done that! Ranma Heir of Hell? That one I haven't seen before. Please do!
The measure of someone's sanity is decided by popular vote.
Hazard
Senshi Cadet

Postby Musouka » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:47 pm

maybe something like this:
Lawful Evil
Lawful evil is the methodical, intentional, and frequently successful devotion to a cruel organized system.
Lawful evil characters methodically take what they want within the limits of their personal code of conduct (which are frequently their laws, as this alignment tends to only work for people in positions of power) without regard for whom it hurts. They care about tradition, loyalty, and order but not about freedom, dignity, or life. They play by the rules, but do so without mercy or compassion. They are comfortable in a hierarchy and would like to rule, but are willing to serve. They are loath to break promises, and are therefore very cautious about giving their word unless a bargain is clearly in their favour.
This reluctance comes partly from their nature and partly because they depend on order to protect themselves from those who oppose them on moral grounds. Some lawful evil villains have particular taboos, such as not killing in cold blood (but having underlings do it) or not letting children come to harm (if it can be helped). They feel these personal morals put them above unprincipled villains but also know that they are protected by the orderly, systematic structure they exist in.
A member of a cult practising human sacrifice and torture but with a strict code of conduct and hierarchy, a ruthless dictator or king who rules with an iron fist and kills those who oppose him and a scheming Grand Vizier are all examples of Lawful Evil characters. Devils are considered the embodiment of Lawful Evil. Another example is a leader of an organized crime family who demands loyalty and order and yet kills those who get in the way of business.

Describes your Hild quite well. Describes Ranma to some extent. If you do make Ranma Lawful Evil they might even get snow in Hell because 1)Kuno is right: Ranma will be a foul sorcerer and 2) Ryoga is right that Ranma will show them hell.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby TerraBull » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:58 pm

Just thought I would add in I thought it looked good.
Just how will Ranma come to her notice and in what form? Cured Male, Locked Female or switching normal? (sounds strange like that..)
Is Ranma concidered to be on a 'notable watch' list? I know that there is free will and all that but will he learn that someone has been manipulating his life behind the scenes. (well intentioned bumbling making things worse?) or it was all 'what happened, happened.'
*Heh* Had a sappy thought moment, if Ranma did meet Hild at one point, depressed or worse, crying, If he would 'attempt' to calm her down and comfort her, despite? the diffrences in power, ect, then panic/ pass out upon learning who it was? or be burned out.
Will Ranma 'die' or just be sent to 'Hell' or specifically 'Niffelheim'?
How many entities has he encountered, divine or demonic?
Looks good. Cont when you can.
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby Metroidvania » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Question: Why involve Hellsing for only cameo roles?
If they're involved in the bloodbath you might have had planned, they would need to be more than just minor characters, and if not, why use them?
If it's just as destruction and whatnot, though I'm sure Alucard wouldn't mind, it would be a little contrived....
Otherwise, I like the premise, though there are a few odd points from past to present tense in the same paragraph, or in the same portion of the story.
"Dammit All!" with such force that the light grey polished stone floor she stood on cracked in a spider web array around her and blackened to true and utter damnation from Hild’s word alone.

Nice line with that. The ground becoming damned is a nice, casual display of Hild's power.
Just be careful about how much, and how fast Ranma learns.
Looking forward to the next thirds/whole chapter.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:17 pm

I'm against a bloodbath. That would be too merciful. I'd prefer to see Ranma punish them first. Make their lives a living hell (especially Ryoga and Akane). By the way, is Happosai a demon in your fic? Wouldn't it be nice for Happi to be under Ranma's orders. I could see Ranma easily torture the old creep for all the stunts he pulled by giving him difficult missions or humiliating him.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:25 pm

Metroidvania wrote:Question: Why involve Hellsing for only cameo roles?

Well I'm thinking of maybe making them more prominent... but I'd rather not give anything away this early on, but I'm thinking a unlikely Coup D'Etat, and vampiric "firepower" much later on ... I'll say no more! :twisted:
Otherwise, I like the premise, though there are a few odd points from past to present tense in the same paragraph, or in the same portion of the story.

I'll go through it again, and clean up those type of errors. I've already notived a BUNCH of spelling foibles anyways, as my dictation software sometimes glitches with a similar sounding word...
Just be careful about how much, and how fast Ranma learns.

Yeah, I'm not planning on falling in that trap. It's too easy to do, but mishaps and what-nots part of the learning curve are what make things interesting!
Thanks for the help and interest! :D
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:56 pm

Dumbledork wrote:Make their lives a living hell (especially Ryoga and Akane). By the way, is Happosai a demon in your fic?

Waaaaayyyy ahead of you on Ryoga, Something like:
--- "Ranma! Because of you I've seen hell!" Ryoga said in a furry as he began a charge towards elegantly standing non-chalant Ranma.
Just as he was about to connect his fist with her face, her gaze snaps into place and he freezes unable to move just centimeters away from the hit, and she then says in a cold amused tone "Is that so P-chan?"
"Yes! I've seen Hell 'cause of you, so take your punishment you freak!!"
Ranma then grins, a grin that would make a lesser man wet himself, though Ryoga might just be too stupid in his rage to notice as she then says "Well Ryoga, if you're so certain you've been there... why not a little return trip?" She then looked strait into Ryogas eyes, the light in the room seemed to fade away to muted dark grey and light of a green cast fell upon him and Ranma as the light and wind driven mists cascaded over him, all Ryoga could do was stare back, forgetting about all the others in the room as he is drawn into the twin pools of ethereal blue, drawn further and further, into darkness, into twin swirling endless blue galaxies, being pulled into the darkness of the galaxies center axis, then came the power! the pain! the torment! And in a sudden rush, there was light! Too much light! Too many colors! Ryoga was only distantly aware of screeming... wait, "THAT'S MY SCREEMING!" his mind shouted at him. Then there was silence. No sound as he realised he was falling, no sound of whipping air, though he certainly felt it as he decended into a void of nothingingness, ringed by raging flames, and jaged knives of ice... then there was the sound... wails of promises of pain eternal and everlasting. That was the moment Hobiki knew the meaning of the word fear.
Back in the Tendo living room Ryoga had just finished screaming, when he then dropped bonelessly to the ground into a fetal positin and bagan clawing at his eyes, digging mercilessly at his flesh till he was bleeding from the mutilated sockets...
Ranma then just turns, facing the Tendos and Saotomes and the assembled goddesses to see a fear as they cowered, when she spoke is a cheerful voice ignoring the pained groans from the floor. "So... when's lunch?"---
That's just a little condensed exerpt of a note I might use somewhere... In a the story I'd use more detail of course...
as far as goes Akane.... I'm not saying...
Then Happosai a demon? Naw, been done too much, but human? No definately not. What does that leave? Hmm I wonder what Happi could be... :twisted: No one will EVER guess it, till I reveal it! Muwahaha!
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:06 pm

Nice scene with Ryoga. Let him burn in hell!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! ... Yes Sir, I'll take my medications now.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby deathgeonous » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:00 pm

Good to know it will be evil with a purpose, loved the Ryoga scene idea, think if you and pull off the Hellsing aspect well enough you should go for it and finally am glad you are consisering the adoption idea presneted then supported here. Although if you do do that it might slow down Ranma taking the reins of Niflheim away from Hild somewhat. Then again depending on how you write it it might not, but I think it would be slightly slowed down a bit. Ranma could be put in the number two spot and learning the ins and outs of the nuber one sopt imeaditly though. Ranma then could still do most if not all of what you've hinted Ranma could and would do then anyway.
Regardless I really hope to see a finshed draft of the first chapter up on here soon, this is looking to be good.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C