A Ralts in Moonlight Chapter 2 (Chapter finished)

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:39 am

Ralts!Ranma is just too adorable. Can't wait for more. Any idea when Ranma will evolve? And will Shia formally adopt Ranma into her family?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:10 pm

I'm not exactly sure when he'll evolve, but I think that after being told that he's merely the lowest evolution of a species and all, he'll feel the need to prove that he doesn't need to evolve before defeating a stronger opponent.

For some reason, I can imagine that after he becomes more familiar with his power and also learns how to employ it to help augment his physical abilities a little, he'll want to do a little exploring because he's feeling restless and bored just living in that clearing.

I can actually see him going to a Fighting Dojo and challenging a few people to martial arts.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:17 pm

And you already have the first good challenge in place. Although she tends to remind me of Kodachi having Shia say that Ranma would lose to her and be adamant about it makes her a big target.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Maybe after some more training to get the hang of his power -- and also learning how to teleport, -- Ranma decides to take a trip to the closest town and look for Ayanna.

Also, since he'd still need to figure out how to speak telepathically to humans -- has to do with proper frequency and all that crud, -- Ranma would end up communicating by using signs that he somehow grabs out of thin air. This makes everyone -- including Shia and her children -- wonder just where Ranma managed to get them, and where he pulls them from.

I also still need to think of the exact area where the forest and all is located. The thought that came to mind was that maybe the area was located near Saffron City, and if that's the case, then I can eventually bring in Sabrina who happens to be slightly curious over rumors concerning a 'Super Ralts'. If this happens, then I can also see Ranma meeting Haunter. :lol:
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:01 am

This fic has grown on me. And I've mentioned this before when I said pokemon in general sickens me. This story however is solid and it can go so many ways at this point that I can only guess as to what you'll do next.

You've turned something I hate, and made it enjoyable.

My hats off to you.

Excellent work.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kimina » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:15 pm

I'm the one who finally prodded her into writing it ^_^ I chat with her daily. Go me! <3
Pain is an Illusion of the senses.
Despair is an illusion of the mind.
Kindness is wasted on the weak.
Kimina
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Kimina wrote:I'm the one who finally prodded her into writing it ^_^ I chat with her daily. Go me! <3

Thank you, thank you, thank you... for giving us one of the best writers of the year.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby borgrabbit » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Yay! Next chapter. OBTW, Ash's Pikachu HATED pokeballs and escaped every time. Also, Ash had to earn Pikachu's respect and in one episode, Ash became a pikachu temporarily because he wanted to understand his partner better. For all his own problems, Ash would still be good for Ranma to meet.
Old fart.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Today's cliche is next century's classic.
borgrabbit
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:57 pm

There is also the accident where Oak kinda blew up the first Pokéball that Pikachu was going to be kept in. I don't know any other Pokémon that happened to, in the series, but it might have provided a change to make escape easier for Pikachu and at the very least the absolute best reason to not want to stay in one.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:25 pm

Actually, I am planning for Ranma to meet Ash. Most likely thinking of Ranma and Ash running into each other a few times before Ranma decides to travel with him and his friends for a little while.

Actually, there's something I've been thinking. I doubt -- since it's probably never been tried or anything because it never came up -- that there's rules that state a Pokemon itself can't try for badges. With that in mind, Ranma could probably make a challenge out of it where he attempts to gain his own badges. Of course, there'd be no way Ranma could get into the League itself.

That could really cause a few dropping jaws. :lol:
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:29 pm

I'm more worried about what happens to trainers when Ranma starts teaching other non fighting types in Anything Goes martial Arts. Instead of having pokéballs he could end up going around and showing the trainers what true training is. I admit there are allot of good trainers but for the most part I see allot of fighting to gain strength and not allot more for the trainers who journey.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Kimina » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:10 pm

I didn't do anything! I just prodded her 'n stuff... the textual gold is from HER mind, not mine. I'm just the catalyst.
Last edited by Kimina on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kimina
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Um Kimina one of the unique rules around here is no nested quotes. Even though I don't remember anyone getting into trouble over it the rules still there.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Kimina » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:24 pm

Fixed and dealt with.
Kimina
Senshi Cadet

Postby blackmamuth » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Wouldn't Ranma have to be registered in order to even enter the pokemon league as a trainer? aren't badges encoded to the pokedex of the trainer? Where he would get that? Doesn't he need to be registered to battle gyms?

I mean, I bet a pokemon registered as a trainer, his only pokemon being himself would drop a few jaws around. Nobody said that the trainer HAS to be human, right?

he, the problem is that pokemon would have a rather hard time between humans by themselves, esecially a ralts, right? short of like:

"Where is your owner, little ralts?" again and again. "Ohh, how cute, he must be lost!!"

Perhaps being banned in some buidings withouth his "trainer" or some such problems.

Wonder if he could establish a partnership with a poor ditto, that was used as breeding stock, in one of those breeder farms; To eventually pose as a fake trainer.

I'd bet he'd try at the very least learn transform from a ditto.

Edit: on hindsight and what has been written, I doubt Ranma would even consider registering himself as a trainer, Since, he despises the mere idea of them, of them catching pokemons with Pokeballs. and requesting battles from random trainers is not something he would do. he's more likely to request it from the actual pokemon, if at all since the Pokemon's are who actually battle. I mean, if you despised the whole concept of catching pokemons, would you encorage it by challenging random trainers? corret me if i'm wrong.
blackmamuth
Senshi Candidate

PreviousNext

Return to Stories and C&C