Take the Green and Go Ch. 16 (In Progress)

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Take the Green and Go Ch. 16 (In Progress)

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:32 am

Finally getting back around to working on this story. It's been a little over a year since the last update, and so I feel that this story could use a little work on it.

As usual, if there's any glaring issues, or if things could use improving on, please mention it.

Take the Green and Go

Ranma and any other series used in this fanfic are owned by their respective owners. I do not own anything.

“Speech”

‘Thoughts’

Chapter 16

As her eyes fluttered open, Nodoka couldn’t help but feel slightly disoriented as she slowly took in her surroundings. Once her vision managed to adjust, the auburn-haired woman noted that she was in her room. After a long moment of thought, Nodoka’s eyes opened wide in shock as she sat up almost instantaneously as memories started to come back to her from earlier that day.

“Ranma…” She stated before immediately tossing the blanket off of her and jumping to her feet. ‘Oh please just let it have been a terrible dream.’ Nodoka thought as she rushed out of her room and down the flight of stairs. When she was just outside of the room that she and her child had used, she braced herself before entering the area and hoping that she had only imagined the confrontation, and that she didn’t in fact alienate her son just because of her emotions getting the better of her.

Nodoka’s fear turned into a gross reality as she stared at the scene before her. Her katana rested upon the floor in the spot where she vaguely remembered standing, and the seppuku contract was laying flat on the table where it had been set. There was even a knocked over glass that had contained hot water that her son had asked for. Nodoka remembered how her son had slammed her… his fist against the top of the table and had knocked it over. In fact, the water was still…

“No…” The auburn-haired woman let out softly as her hand moved to her lips as she stared down at the table. Before her was the seppuku contract that she had held close to her for many years. The very slip of paper that she had taken great care of since her husband and son had left, and had put all her hopes into for when she saw them again. The thing that had allowed her to get through the loneliness… was completely soaked in the water that had spilled onto the table hours ago.

Carefully reaching out, Nodoka grabbed onto the water-logged contract and attempted to gently pick it up. However, as she was pulling it, the sogginess of the paper caused it to easily rip in half. The action caused Nodoka’s body to freeze as the auburn-haired woman’s eyes shifted between the piece she had in her hands, and the piece lying on the soaked table. The shock of the event was apparent.

An eternity almost seemed to go by before Nodoka’s body had begun to react. The auburn-haired woman found herself falling to her knees as tears slowly began to well up in the corner of her eyes. In less than a day, her entire world seemed to be crumbling around her. She had finally been able to meet her son for the first time in well over 10 years, and she was ESTATIC. She hadn’t thought it at the time because of her excitement, but Ranma did indeed seem manly enough.

But then the curse was revealed, and that was when everything went straight to hell. “That… could have gone better.” Nodoka said to herself softly as she wiped the corner of her eyes. She had felt overwhelmed that her 16-year-old SON had changed into a 20-something-year-old WOMAN, and she realized now that she may have acted too quickly out of fear. The look of absolute shock and betrayal that her son-turned-daughter had given her kept on replaying over and over again. The calm and emotionless attitude that had come afterwards seemed even WORSE.

Now, several hours later, the very object that caused the horrifying event -- and the thing Nodoka based much around -- was as good as ruined; torn in half and completely waterlogged to a point that it would rip even more if she tried removing it from the table. For the second time that day, Nodoka Saotome cried. She cried partly for the contract and honor, and she cried a majority for the loss of her son; alienated because of said contract and honor.

Moments later, a red and puffy-eyed Nodoka stared down at the cup of tea that she had made in an effort to calm herself. In front of her on the table was what was left of the Seppuku contract. Nodoka stared emotionlessly at the pieces for a long while before taking a sip of tea. What use was it to try and enforce something that could hardly even be read anymore thanks to a bunch of water? She’d have more luck making a group of pineapples perform a perfect rendition of Riverdance.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Across dimensions, a young red-headed cat-girl martial artist/sorceress/scientist-in-training couldn’t help but let out a powerful sneeze. Giving her nose a wipe, she glanced around and wondered if someone was thinking about her. It was then that she found herself whacked upside the head by a ruler. “Ow, why didja do that, Washu-chan?.”

“You weren’t listening.” The diminutive red-headed genius answered before giving a short cough. “This is important, Ranma-chan, because if you want to figure out how you made yourself invisible during your fight with Ryoko, you’re going to need to learn how invisibility works and is achieved.”

“I already know that I have to try and bend all forms of wavelengths of light around my body, and that I need to try and direct undistorted light towards my eyes so that I’d be able to see instead of being blinded by having no light at all entering into my vision.” Ranma answered in an annoyed tone. “And I’ve already tried, but couldn’t get it. What if there’s another method I used?”

“Another method, hmm?” Washu asked with a finger to her chin. Her eyes soon obtained a familiar gleam that caused a chill to flow down Ranma’s spine. “You may indeed have something there, Ranma-chan.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nodoka gave her head a small shake. She honestly didn’t know what she was going to do about it now. She couldn’t just give up on it after so many years, but it also wasn’t likely that she could do anything with it. “Damn it.” Nodoka cursed as she placed her head into her hands and sighed. She was suddenly feeling like an incredible fool in every single way she could imagine; for both accepting the contract and letting Genma take Ranma with him.

‘I need to find my son again.’ The auburn-haired woman thought to herself with resolve. Hopefully she could apologize for her actions, and maybe getting to know him a little more would help. The problem was where she would find her son. It was then that she remembered him saying that Genma was staying at a place called the Tendo Dojo.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Tendo Dojo was, indeed, where Genma Saotome was staying, but the bespectacled martial artist was having an issue of his own as he careened straight into the Tendo’s koi pond. Breaching the surface, the now pandafied Genma glared into the direction of his son and pulled out a sign. /What’s the big idea, boy? Did you finally decide to do the honorable/ he flipped the sign /thing and agree to choose a fiancée?/

Ranma gave his father a glare as he proceeded to crack his knuckles. He had already changed back to male on the way over via the hot water he obtained from the skating rink. “In your dreams, old man.” Ranma finally answered as he walked towards the pond. “I’m just here to have a discussion with ya about a certain contract.”

Realizing what his son was most likely getting at, Genma couldn’t help but sweat. /The reunion didn’t go well, then?/ He signed nervously. Instead of a verbal reply, he was met with an energy blast. Jumping out of the way, the Saotome patriarch fearfully and angrily pulled out another sign. /Idiot boy, you’ve doomed the both of us! Now your mother is probably going to try and track us down!/ Genma dodged an energy covered punch from his son and followed up on an attack of his own.

“You’re the one who created that stupid contract!” Ranma answered as he hopped back. “It should be your problem to clean up, pops, because I’m not havin’ anything to do with it!”

/So you’re just going to run away like a coward? I thought I taught you better than that,/ Genma gave his sign a flip but I guess spending so much time in that female form has slowly made you weak!/ The pandafied man’s eyes grew to the size of saucers as a massive blast of green energy was fired from the hands of his pissed off son. He had never seen a blast from his son as huge as that one, and so it caught him off guard and sent him flying high into the air and into the distance.

‘Damn stupid panda. I’m not running away, and I’m not a coward.’ Ranma grumbled to himself as he stalked towards the house. The raven-haired youth didn’t even know why he bothered coming to confront his father in the first place. Sure, he wanted to get rid of some anger he was still feeling over the meeting with his mother, but his ‘talk’ with his father didn’t seem to get him anywhere.

‘I must admit,’ Shego began with what seemed to Ranma like a smirk, ‘That was the most spectacular blast I’ve ever seen you pull off. We definitely must get you pissed off more often.’

Giving a simple snort in response, Ranma entered the Tendo home and came face-to-face with Nabiki. The middle Tendo daughter was giving him an amused look as she stood there with a finger to her chin. “Having a wondrous and fantastic day I see, eh sensei?” She had placed extra emphasis on the ‘sensei’ part.

“Bite me, Nabiki-chan.” The aquatransexual answered in return with extra emphasis on the suffix..

“Oh, I bet you’d like that, wouldn’t you sensei?”

“No more than you’d like it if you had to wear that Ryo-Ohki costume again, Nabiki-chan.” That very statement caused Nabiki’s smug look to fade completely. “Oh, that reminds me. You still have that costume, right? The drama and costume departments really need it back, because it was mentioned that if you didn’t return it, you’d have to pay them back by being a member for half a year.”

“What?!” Nabiki asked in actual shock and horror. Could that have been the reason why several members of the drama classes have tried to talk to her since that event? If she were to be forced into becoming a member, her very image would take a nosedive worse than it did from that fashion show. She stared at Ranma's features to see if there was any hint of amusement or falsity, but only found the boy's face conveying a serious and grim look. “Why didn’t you tell me that sooner?!” With that, Nabiki turned on her heels and rushed up to her room.

Shego chose that moment to speak up. ‘I don’t remember ever hearing anybody make that stipulation.’ The mental figment heard a faint mental chuckle from her host. Once realization dawned on her, Shego couldn’t help but laugh out in amusement. ‘That girl is going to be absolutely pissed once she finds out that you just played her for a fool.’

‘It wasn’t a total lie.’ Ranma said as he walked over to the low table and sat down. ‘They do want the costume back. I just decided to adlib it a little to get Nabiki to return it quicker.’ He really didn’t see any harm in the little white lie.

Deciding to ignore the slight nagging feeling in the back of his mind, Ranma turned his attention to the blue strip of cloth tied around his wrist. On his way over to the Tendos, he had tried to have a little fun with the transformation ability of the cloth, but found himself unable to even perform a small change. It was almost as if it had lost its magic somehow.

‘What kind of lame legendary magical artifact loses its magic after just a short time of use?’ Shego asked in annoyance. After all the shit they had to put up with to get the damn sash, having it suddenly lose its powers was a real kick in the ass. ‘Its creators must have flunked out of Magic 101.’

It was at that very moment where Ranma’s eyes lit up as a thought came to him. ‘Unless…’ The raven-haired boy trailed off as he sprung to his feet before pulling out the Sash of Illusions and tying it around his waist. ‘Unless it HASN’T run out of magic.’

Shego was about to ask her host what he meant when his form wavered and shrunk. Once it wore off, Ranma was now a 10-year-old version of himself. After what seemed like a long moment of silence, Shego made a noise that sounded a lot like the snapping of fingers. ‘Could it be that the cloth loses its magic after a while if it is separated from the Sash itself?’

Her question fell on deaf ears as the now 10-year-old Saotome hopped around in glee and exclaimed how he was ‘such a genius’ to have figured it out. Shego found it to be an even more embarrassing scene when the youngest Tendo daughter, Akane, entered the room and stared at Ranma with an expression akin to a person learning that their parents were really unicycle-riding clowns who juggled live chickens while singing.

‘God, this is so embarrassing.’ Shego thought in exasperation as she mentally place a hand to her face. The feeling only became worse when Soun Tendo started whimpering about his future son-in-law being insane.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Ah, the joys of insanity. What a coup.

It's great to see this fic up and reading again. As it was, I was just going back over some of your past fics too...but more of that in a moment.

Lets see, Nodoka and the contract: ..., ..., nice section..., ..., AH! The tea, is it still warm, or has it cooled off? (I knew there was something I was overlooking on that part).

Genma, I would have had Shego calling Genma on his claim of cowardness as that blast was comming at him.

Nabiki: Why not add in to it that on top of the half-year back dues she would owe, she would also have to model in various cosplay costumes (one per week of membership plus interest), and attend AT LEAST one convention in her most popular character (voted by the student body).

Looking great so far on this.

Now, onto the other fics.

"A Surviving Mau" has been one of my favorites of your creation. I was wondering if you were going to do any more anytime soon. If so, I can help with a few ideas.

1.) Bring Luna into the mix. Have her reincarnated like the scouts. Sailor Mau can awaken her after saving her.

2.) Sailor Pluto hasn't made another scene yet, so why not bring her into the mix too.

3.) Mako-chan is replaced by Ucchan. Her parents can die the same way, ne?

Lookin' forward to the completion of this chapter.
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Tear of the Lone Wolf P( :cry:
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby borgrabbit » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:08 am

Nice chapter. Nodoka still needs to go through psychological hell before Ranma forgives her.
One little thing, when posting anything but a prolog or first chapter, please include a link to the rest of the story? I can find it on FFN, but its a matter of convenience when an appreciable amount of time has passed.
Old fart.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Today's cliche is next century's classic.
borgrabbit
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby eoneed » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Glad to see this continue:)

Any plans of update of "Wild Magic"?
eoneed
Senshi Cadet

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Anime_Freak317: One thing I had in mind was that for a little while, Ranma and Nabiki mostly compete in a minor battle of wits where each tries to outdo each other and all XD

It's an interesting idea to have Ranma meet up with and help Luna a little, actually.

And I don't think I really want to change around the main characters like that XP

borgrabbit: Ah, thanks, I'll keep that in mind the next time I post. ^_^

eoneed: That's the story I honestly want to get back to the most. I would have if I hadn't decided on working on Take the Green.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:29 am

I like what you have now as it is. But I think with how the situation with the Golden Pair went some serious KP side story elements should at least get staged if not come into play in this chapter. After all Killigan and Monkey Fist have been defeated. And neither of them are quiet in defeat even when they are impotent to go for revenge. And you think that Doctor Dementor would avoid complaining to Drew about the brat who trashed his invention and was using She-go's abilities?

Really as things are right now it feels like the fallout from the angst scene at the end of last chapter. Some Comedy. Maybe even advancing the "Intruder" plot could help keep it from getting too heavy.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:08 am

Hmm... yeah, you know, a little scene as to what Drakken is currently doing would be a good idea. Perhaps finally get him heading for Japan.

I'm still considering the idea of Mashima Heavy Industries contracting a mission with 'Shego' in regards to the plans for a super secret stealth technology that could be usable in a plane or other things.

It's possible that for this, Gemini and WEE could be used, since stealth technology could be used perfectly against Global Justice.

A different idea is the use of Electronique. Since the Kim Possible timeline deviates, it's possible that it could cause Electronique to do something else before deciding to construct her revenge on Team Go, and so stealing the stealth technology -- which could possibly comprise of electronic technology that would allow her to have no trouble with it -- could be possible.

I'm kind of leaning towards Gemini and WEE at the moment, since that'd be easier to accomplish.

Also, by 'intruder' plot, are you talking about what I just mentioned? Or something else that I may have forgotten?
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:45 am

We have all the villains trying to enlist Shego's help at the moment. How about having Ranma become a part-time mercenary while keeping the teacher's job as a cover? Maybe have her do missions on week-ends only.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:53 am

I've considered the idea of Ranma becoming a mercenary-for-hire and taking missions that interest him. It'd be an interest way to get Ranma to visit other places and get into all kinds of trouble XD
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:40 am

KonokoHasano wrote:I've considered the idea of Ranma becoming a mercenary-for-hire and taking missions that interest him. It'd be an interest way to get Ranma to visit other places and get into all kinds of trouble XD

I could picture Kodachi helping to fund it... Might not even be that far off from canon.

After all, someone had to do all that traveling to aquire that astronomical amount of cursed/magical artifacts/relics they keep in that underground vault.

It was another inconsistency by Takahashi... if the Kunos knew of and encountered so much in way of magic and stuff by the gods... why not recognize Ranma's curse once explained?
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:51 am

After the way things went with Monty I don't think Ranma would want to do the Merc thing that readily.

As for the "Intruder" plot. One of the times Ron barged in on Kim in her room at her hosts home included him complaining about an E-Mail about his parents adopting that little sister from the Yamanuchi Ninja's You know the one that lead to Monkey Fist trying to hook up with some ultimate evil Monkey with those crystals you had to use to read certain parts of a scroll making the whole thing seem like a lame scavenger hunt?

It was also the KP Story Arc where Ron couldn't protect the "life" of a bag of flour to save his own life. And in the end he ended up turning in a bag of sugar. Getting the Grade F- from Barkin.

I've been thinking of the Senshi Vs Sailor Moon Manga thing you have going on in your plot. Isn't your Makoto a bit older than any of the Senshi at the end of the last SM story arc?

What if the way things are now are the result of a wish on the Ginzuishou that reset the world again to preserve the life of Chibi-Usa. Say they found a way to avoid having any more future enemies that the other protectors of the world couldn't handle and all they had to do to have that time line is give up Chibi-Usa. Resulting in this reality where instead of altering the past they just alter their families. Along with locking Chibi-Usa into this time line so she doesn't fade after her creation no longer exists.

That could still leave Pluto, Luna and Artemis as ones who know. And Pluto is iffy but not letting her remember and protect/monitor the gates then there would have been the risk of it all being for nothing.

Then again a twist like that could over complicate things. And I only came up with it because I really REALLY like the thought of Sheila and Team Go eventually. (No where soon) meeting up with the Senshi. Maybe even the idea of all the magic around Ranma's life sparking some memories that were supposed to be gone in Makoto.

One thing still bugs me though did the Manga in this story have to have the American names? The only thing where that could make sense to me and not freak me out a bit is if something was done to seriously mess with the author of the Manga's head in this time line.

Could you imagine what would happen if Stitch and Gantu were fighting at Tokyo Tower with Senshi popping up thinking their some new Youma then having Sheila and Kim turning up to save them because they aren't Evil Aliens even if Stitch was an Evil invention?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:02 pm

o.o; That sounds incredibly convoluted and crazy.

... the perfect subject for another fanfic. I don't think anyone's ever gone that angle or anything.

Guh, you know, I'll be perfectly honest. While I've had this chapter planned out even before initially starting it, my interest just hasn't been in it. I started the chapter because I mentioned I would somewhere else, and I had to give myself a mental slap. My interest is more in Surviving Mau, Wild Magic, and Ralts. >.<
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:18 pm

If this isn't the time for it to continue it isn't the time. And I agree Wild Magic could use some time and attention. Heck look at how much Cameo time it got already between the dancing fruit and the lesson with Washu. You can ask Crescent I say follow your Muse. Don't fight yourself to make progress when it would make you ignore where you are inspired to work at the moment.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:08 pm

KonokoHasano wrote:Guh, you know, I'll be perfectly honest. While I've had this chapter planned out even before initially starting it, my interest just hasn't been in it. I started the chapter because I mentioned I would somewhere else, and I had to give myself a mental slap. My interest is more in Surviving Mau, Wild Magic, and Ralts. >.<

Pity... of all your stories... this is the one that appealed most.

However... While I'm saddened to say it, I have to agree with Spokavriel... if you have to force yourself, and it is no fun for you, then you should put it down until it does so again.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:47 am

Not sure if it would help but some time down the line maybe These Playlists could help with ideas. I don't think a single KP episode is missed.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C