The Goddess Within Chapter 3

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

The Goddess Within Chapter 3

Postby nav » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:05 am

I don't own the characters of Ranma 1/2 or any other works used here. This work is just for fun. Enjoy!
Italics indicate thoughts.
It was late when Kasumi and Ranma returned to the dojo walking hand in hand. Sometime earlier, Ranma had been splashed and had changed to her new form complete with revealing dress. Overall, they had fun. Ranma had no idea he and Kasumi would like karaoke so much and had spent much of the evening singing solo or duet in front of the mic. Ranma still managed to shock and embarrasses himself in front of Kasumi who had seemed to spend the night in a perpetual blush.
They tried to slip silently into the house so as to not wake anyone, but found Nabiki and Akane sitting at the table waiting for them to return. “Well, well, the prodigals finally return,” Nabiki said.
“Ka…Ka…Kasumi, what are you wearing,” Akane stuttered seeing her sister’s new dress for the first time.
“Yeah, isn’t that just a wee bit daring for you,” asked Nabiki.
“What are you doing up so late, you both have school tomorrow,” Kasumi said, blushing, trying to change the subject.
“Don’t try to change the subject, big sister; I think we need to have a family discussion.”
“Guess I better go on to bed then, won’t want to be in the way,” Ranma said faking a yawn.
“Just plant it, cutie. You need to be in on this too,” Nabiki said.
“At least let me get some tea,” Kasumi said heading into the kitchen.
“And sake, too, please,” Ranma said giving Kasumi her best puppy dog eyes.
“What is it with you and sake, Saotome,” Nabiki asked.
Before she could answer Akane muttered, “He’s just being a pervert like usual.”
Ranma frowned, electricity beginning to arc between her fingers. “Stop that this instance Ranma, I don’t need to have my little sister electrocuted again,” Kasumi said as she returned with the beverages. “Akane, you will stop calling Ranma a pervert, after all she isn’t one most of the time.”
“Gee thanks, Kasumi, that really helps,” Ranma said.
Hanging her head, Akane said in a small voice, “I’m sorry.”
Sitting down and pouring tea for everyone and giving Ranma a bottle and a glass, which he immediately filled, to the brim, Kasumi asked, “What do you want to discuss, Nabiki and shouldn’t Auntie and the fathers also be involved?”
“The two bakas, no, Auntie, maybe, but for right now I think this discussion needs to be with just the four of us. That is, Ranma and his potential fiancées.”
Akane’s head snapped up, “What do you mean potential fiancées.”
“Let me enumerate. You keep saying you will never marry the pervert. You keep hitting him for being a pervert. And you hit him for calling you names and not liking your cooking.” She paused a moment, “Did I leave anything out.”
“Well, he insults me and my cooking. And he is too a pervert.” She looked at Ranma nervously; she did not need another shocking experience.
“Ranma, what do you have to say in defense.” Nabiki asked.
She thought for a moment, then her eyes widened in realization. “I treat her just like I do the runt.” She whispered, “I treat her like my sister.”
“The runt, who is the runt, Ranma, another fiancée,” Akane asked angrily.
“Just chill, Akane,” Ranma said in exasperation. “She is…my sister, but…I don’t have a sister.” She cradled her head in her hands. “I can’t remember who she is, but I do know you remind me of her.”
Akane for once did as Ranma said. She chilled and thought of the times they had spent together. He treats me like a sister…He treats me like a sister…He tr… Suddenly she had an epiphany. I treat him like an over protective big brother. With that, the anger at Ranma for the arranged engagement departed. Of course, she still had plenty for the two idiots. Moreover, if Ranma still acted like a baka about her cooking.
“Don’t worry about it, big sis,” Akane said with a genuine smile.
Ranma looked up in surprise only to see Akane grinning at him. “I’m a guy, little sis,” she said grinning back.
“Well, since you two siblings have ironed out your differences we can get to the meat of the matter,” Nabiki said. “Who is going to be Ranma’s fiancée?”
“I think that if it is okay with Ranma I would like to be his fiancée,” Kasumi said meekly, looking down at the table.
“Kasumi, look at me,” Ranma said. She slowly raised her eyes to meet those of the tall tanned woman. “I would like nothing better for you to be my fiancée. I care for you deeply,” she said pulling Kasumi over into a long passionate kiss that had Nabiki fanning herself.
She broke the kiss slowly, and then grinned evilly, looking at Nabiki. “You don’t have to be a magical girl or anything else, Kasumi, and after all, I think I’m the wrong gender half the time for Nabiki.”
Akane looked in confusion at Nabiki who was staring at Ranma in shock. “What’s she talking about?”
“Nothing, nothing at all,” Nabiki said, trying to regain her composure. “I think it’s time for bed.”
“Yours or mine,” Ranma said sweetly to Kasumi. Suddenly realizing what she had said, she shielded her head from the expected blow.
“Ranma,” a glowing Akane said summoning her mallet. “You better not try anything with Kasumi.”
“Put that down now, sis,” Kasumi said. “I will deal with her.”
Ranma nervously peeked between her fingers, still expecting an incoming mallet. “Come on Ranma,” Kasumi said, pulling the unresisting woman to her feet. “We’ll sleep in my bed, I never did like futons.”
The sound of Nabiki’s and Akane’s faces hitting the table could be heard for blocks.
Nexus events have occurred throughout history and each event has an impact on the reality stream. Different outcomes lead to different realities, hence the vast number of alternate universes that exist parallel to each other. The nature of the time gate allows the guardian to view the closer realities upon occasion. In one such reality, Sailor Neptune was Michiru Kaioh, the blue haired violin virtuoso.
Setsuna grumbled under her breath as she sat at the table sipping scotch. In my reality, Michiru never existed and Neptune is Nabiki Tendo. If unchecked, Ranma will convince her to join him in fighting against the formation of Crystal Tokyo. Moreover, she will bring, in turn, her lover Haruka and Hotaru around to their side. Because of Ranma and the outers’ opposition Crystal Tokyo will never become reality.
I had to get rid of him. I had to.
I would have been in enough trouble for that without inadvertently causing a goddess to go missing.
It had been a long night listening to the three argue about what to do with her. For some reason they could not reach either Kami-sama or the Daimakaichō. The demon was all for killing her on the spot while the goddesses wanted for Kami-sama to decide what to do with her. Makes for a reprieve at least.
Her thoughts were interrupted by Haruka, dressed for school, coming down the stairs. She had gotten home from her date and had already gone to bed when they got back from the time gate.
“Who are the guests,” Haruka asked.
“Possibly my judge, jury and executioner,” Setsuna replied taking another sip of scotch.
“Isn’t it a bit early for you to be drink… Your what,” she yelled.
“I made a mistake,” she admitted. “I arranged for a threat to Crystal Tokyo to be eliminated and accidentally managed to lose a goddess.”
“Setsuna, what did you do.”
She sighed. “I arranged for a demon to kill Ranma Saotome, but a….”
“Whoa, hold it for a moment. Did you say Ranma Saotome,” Haruka asked.
“Yes, why?”
“Because I met him yesterday at the Tendo Dojo. He was injured and confused, but he surely wasn’t dead. And he has the most amazing curse,” she said with a lecherous grin.
Setsuna waved her off. “I know all about the curse. I need to tell the others maybe it will help mitigate my punishment.” She pointed at a chair. “Sit, you’re going to cut classes today and explain to the trio that Ranma is still alive whenever they quit arguing.”
After several hours of fruitless arguing, at least fruitless for Mara, Belldandy finally convinced her to wait for Kami-sama to make a decision on Pluto's fate. They joined a smashed Pluto at the table. After introductions were made, Setsuna recounted what Haruka had told her about Ranma.
“Let’s go,” Mara said anxious to solve the mystery,
Belldandy, scryed for a mirror she could use. “Found one,” she said. “It’s in the dojo, away from the main house and there is no one there.
“You’re feeling mighty chipper today Ranma,” Nabiki said to the boy walking beside her whistling.
“For some reason I feel great today. I haven’t got a care in the world.”
“I hate to be the one to rain on your parade, but,” she enumerated, “Kuno, Hinako, the principal, Ukyou, Shampoo and whichever random challengers and fiancées that show up.”
“Gee thanks,” he said sarcastically, “You really know how keep a person in a good mood.”
As they approached the gates of Furikan Ranma and Nabiki could see Kuno standing beside his favorite tree talking to the rest of the Kendo Club.
“Oh look, it’s a blue blunder in its natural habitat,” Ranma said.
“Natural habitat,” Nabiki questioned.
“Yeah, a field of idiots.”
As they got closer they could see Kuno scanning the approaching students for something. “Nabiki, where is your sister, the fierce tigress, and the foul sorcerer Saotome.”
“You know the routine, Kuno-baby,” Nabiki said holding out her hand. “Five thousand yen.”
“Mercenary woman, how I detest you,” Kuno said pulling out his wallet and paying Nabiki the required amount.
“You don’t know how good that makes me feel,” she replied. “Ok, here goes. The fierce tigress was running a little late this morning and should be here soon. Secondly, the foul sorcerer Saotome is closer than you think. “Wave your hand at the little boy, Ranma.” Ranma obediently waved.

“Oh foul one, you have used your demonic magic to change your very appearance. The justice of heaven shall smite you,” he cried posing with bokken pointed toward the sky.
Muttering under his breath, Ranma surreptitiously pointed at the bokken. There was a brilliant flash of light and deafening roll of thunder and Kuno thudded to the ground, his clothes smoking and the bokken a charred piece of wood.
"You know he would look kinda cute if he wore normal clothes instead of that hakama and did something about that poofy hair. I really hate poofy hair." He stopped suddenly. Ewwwwwwe, I didn’t just think that. At least I didn’t say it out loud.
“Nabiki,” he said. When he didn’t hear an answer he looked around. Nabiki stood frozen in place, her mouth hanging open. I did say it out loud. Match over due to knock out. Ranma hurried on to class hoping no one else heard.
Standing at the window of his classroom Ranma could see the familiar figure of Nabiki standing by the still smoking Kuno. Wonder when she will wake up? She’s probably going to charge Kuno for taking him to the nurse’s office and making her late to class. In the distance he could see Akane and Yuka strolling slowly toward the school. Her hair still looks a little frazzled.
From behind, he heard a friendly voice. “Excuse me are you new here.”
He turned around and saw the face of his best friend. “Hi Uuchan. I’m only new in the sense that it’s my first time here today,” he said smiling. Reaching over he gently closed her mouth, which had dropped open.
She shook her head. “Ranchan, what happened to you.”
“Don’t you like my look,” he said pouting which almost froze Ukyou’s brain. “I thought that since all you girls were chasing after me I might as well dress for the part.”
Sighing, he reached over and closed her open mouth again. “You know that’s getting to be a habit,” he said gently.
Akane and Yuka walked into the classroom and saw Ukyou and a new boy standing by the window. “Look at that pervert touching her. I think I’ll go over…”
“Let it go Akane,” Yuka said interrupting her friend. “Ukyou can take care of herself. She looked speculatively at the new boy. She couldn’t see his face, but the rest… “Look at that butt,” she said pulling her protesting friend behind. “Let’s introduce ourselves.”
“Hi,” she said causing the two by the window to turn around. “I’m Yuk…” Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped open.
“Ranma,” Akane said. “What have you done to yourself?”
"Hey, like I told Uuchan if you are a hunk you might as well look like one.” He paused, looking at the three semi-conscious girls. “Geeze, not again,” he said reaching over to close the three mouths that were hanging open. “I’m going to sit down.”
Students seeing the new look Ranma first congregated around him asking him questions. But, as the day progressed, Ranma stayed awake in class and even answered the teachers’ questions correctly. Soon the area soon looked like a bomb had gone off with him at the center. All the students had pulled their desks as far away as possible leaving Ranma the side of the room by the windows.
School was long and boring for Ranma who found he knew more about the subjects being taught than the teachers themselves. Finally, after what seemed an inordinately long time the final bell rang. Stopping only long enough to fry Kuno again, he waited by the gate for Akane and Nabiki.
“Well, how was class today, stud,” Nabiki asked.
“Unbelievably boring, babe,” he said stroking her bare arm with his fingertips causing long shivers to course through her body. “But you really need to ask Akane about it. Everyone was avoiding me like I had the plague.”
Before she could say anything else, he heard the sound of a bicycle bell and turned his back just as it skidded to a stop by Akane and Nabiki.
“Kitchen destroyer and mercenary girl seen airen,” Shampoo demanded.
Keeping his face averted, Ranma pointed down the street away from the dojo
“Shampoo thank,” the violet haired girl said. “Go find airen now.”
As Shampoo left Ranma turned around. “Seeing her reminds me I need to talk to the old ghoul. I hope she can help me remember.”
“All you want to do is to flirt with Shampoo,” Akane yelled. “What about Kasumi.”
“Akane,” Nabiki temporized. “If he wanted to flirt with her he wouldn’t have just sent her away.”
Calming down Akane said, “Just be careful, you know Cologne is always trying to slip you some potion or another.”
“No sweat, tell Kasumi not to hold dinner for me,” he said heading toward the Nekohanten.
As Ranma entered the Nekohanten Mousse squinted at him, his glasses on top of his head. “Saotome, what do you want here.”
“I need to see the old ghoul, is she here,” Ranma asked.
Taking a step closer to Mousse, he looked deeply into his eyes. “You know you have the most amazingly beautiful eyes I have ever seen.” Gaa…what is wrong with me? I need to wash my mouth out with soap.
“Why thank you…Saotome,” he yelled, jumping back just as the old ghoul pogoed into the room.
“Get back to work, Mr. Part-time. I need to talk to son-in-law.
Ranma waited until Mousse left the room before asking, “Got anything to stimulate memory?”
“I believe so son-in-law,” she replied “But, why do you need it and why should I give it to you?”
“I had a fight yesterday and my memory of it and the events afterward are somewhat muddled,” Ranma said.
Cologne paused at Ranma’s words. Son-in-law’s language has improved tremendously since we last talked. She did a quick aura scan while she pretended to ponder his question. What’s this…he’s even more powerful than when he defeated Saffron. And his aura. It’s in flux, growing, changing…but into what.
Making a quick decision she said, “Wait right here and I’ll get it for you.
She went upstairs and after a few minutes returned with a vial of blue liquid. “Just drink this and it should solve your problems.”
Ranma opened the vial and sniffed the potion carefully. “Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho.” he cackled, sounding amazingly like Kodachi. “Crap,” Ranma said as he managed to stop the laughter feeling rather disgusted at himself.
He handed the bottle back and glared at Cologne. “It wouldn’t solve my problems, old ghoul, but it would solve yours when it removed my memory.”
“How…how did you know that,” said Cologne, stunned at his knowledge and the laugh.
“You are really too young to try and fool me with potions, matriarch,” he said derisively before spinning on his heel and leaving the restaurant.
All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
nav
Senshi Candidate

Postby DCG » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:16 am

err
i really have no idea what to say about this.
Some parts where interesting, but it was mostly just a big confusing mess.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Druid » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:40 am

Ranma nervously peeked between her fingers, still expecting an incoming mallet. “Come on Ranma,” Kasumi said, pulling the unresisting woman to her feet. “We’ll sleep in my bed, I never did like futons.”

This broke me. :) Question: did they actually do that?
I have to agree with DCG however, I'm more than a little confused.
You don't need a reason to help people.
Druid
Senshi Cadet

Postby GenocideHeart » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:41 am

It's not bad, but it's a bit messy. You need to pace it a little more, I'd say.
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
--Ignus, Planescape: Torment
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
--Vhailor, Planescape: Torment
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:37 pm

Yeah, slow things down a bit. I love how Ranma figured out the potion was a memory eraser potion thanks to Urd's memories. But it's really creepy to see Ranma saying romantic things to guys in guy form, might want to have that sorted out real soon or Ranma will get into an emberassing situation soon.
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:52 pm

You mean telling Mousse that he had the most beautiful eyes wasn't an embarrassing situation?
... I suspect the poor duck's still staring off into space.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby tsukiakari » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:19 am

I know what to say about it, its absolutely hilarious. Just the reactions from the little personality filp-flops is enough to make this fun. Cant wait to see more. bye bye now >^^<
Better a bullet to the back of the head than one to the front.
tsukiakari
Senshi Candidate

Postby Atlan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:11 am

Got a little peeve here: Everyone keeps talking about how different Ranma (guy-form) looks, but you dont mention how he changed. Mabey it was in a prevoius chapter, but if so then you need to restate it here. Just to keep everyone from getting confussed.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:25 am

By embarassing I was thinking Ranma says that to a homosexual male and not someone who is merely stunned.
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C