You can thank Yarrow...

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:25 pm

Ozzallos wrote:In any case, I was thinking the mass production models 05-13, the white SEELE version (w/wings, no eyes). As far as the SEELE connection goes, these things were actually manufactured in different NERV branches, so secrecy versus a divergent timeline won't be that big a deal. What, they never communicated with one another?

Clearly they didn't in the cannon ;p
And Rei too was mass produced, a whole tank of her.
...At least as I'm understanding it. So yeah, the original Kaworu can be dead, but sealed dummy plug clones still exist in quantity.

well that's what had to have happened in the cannon too. So that works.
On to the control failure in Unit 06 (using 06 as to avoid any confusion. lwf58 is right that 05 DS'd in Nevada), I'm now angling that the use of Kaworu dummy plugs makes them especially vulnerable to take over by angels, even if the Kaworu's inside are brainwiped. Presumably this was Rei's fate. maybe not. Either way, it doesn't matter.

Makes sense. kaworu is an angel afterall.
so what's the reason for having Unit 06 in there? spare EVA? 02 did get damaged alot...
Now will 06 look exactly like the MP ones? IE no eyes and wings?
Or will it be more like 05?
This also has Gendo knowing more about the progress of the MP line of Eva's. Hmm... he may be more on the ball than in cannon then.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Ozzallos » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:50 pm

Last edited by Ozzallos on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:59 pm

Ozzallos wrote:This is true. It's the sacrifice of an alternate timeline. Gendo, and nearly everybody is going to have knowledge of the models. If I'm assuming the angel threat continues beyond the last canon angel and there isn't the big hoedown between SEELE and NERV, Gendo is going to have to have that knowledge. So the program continues to live fire, control testing and other such shakedowns. We're dealing with #6 after all.

So that's why 06 is there. More testing of a newer model, because there are still more angels.
That's likely why the hoedown has been stopped (or delayed) there's still angels to fight. Because of that Gendo knows more of SEELE's plans, to the point where he gets one of the MP units to test.
And a lack of new pilots.... the last one they got worked out so well :p... is why they use dummy plug. Works
There's also another reason why this Gendo is more on the ball. He does have some very... interesting information dating to some interviews 10 years before the 2nd impact.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:46 pm

The presence of an MP Eva could also be explained in the same way that Kaworu's presence was -- Asuka's sync ratio was so low toward the end of the series that she was effectively useless, and Kaworu was sent to replace her. She didn't snap back until her big fight in Rebirth, which never happens in this continuity.
There's reason to believe that Kaworu was around much longer than Rei. In this article from wikipedia, they mention that Kaworu's physical body may originally been born in the normal fashion just after Second Impact, and that he might well be the container for Adam's soul. Adam's body, of course, regressed to embryonic form and was shipped to NERV Japan. His hair color and pink eyes imply cloning, though, so the body he had at the time he was sent to Japan may not have been his birth one. If so, he'd been around for 14 years, plenty long enough for Seele to get the dummy plug system working better than Gendo Ikari's efforts with the Rei clones.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Ozzallos » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:41 pm

Last edited by Ozzallos on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:47 pm

Ozzallos wrote:The age difference will be interesting. I could say that Shinji is a year older depending on the relative timespan of NGE series. So, assuming it was a year from beginning to end (timeline, anyone?), I can call him 15 at the end of canon Evangelion. That creats a slight problem in pairing with Ranma, who will be 17 by the end of his/her series. I could break in halfway through Ranma canon to cut the age difference to only a year, but I'd rather not. Still, it's a possibility.
Any thoughts?

The development of the EVA series could work for that.
Will you have 06 have any attempt for a normal piloting, or will it all be dummy plug? Though the design does seem to be bassed on dummy plug only.
Angel DNA is still rather close to human DNA. So Rei will raise flags, though they won't know what Rei is.
You probably could get away with having Shinji a year older (and the other emo kids)
As for age... I thought you were going for the older brother / mentor for the start of their relationship?
Of course there is the challenge in having the relationship change to what your aim is, but to be honest, age difference isn't as big of a concern here. Compaired to the other issues Ranma and Mr. Pee-Pants would have.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:43 pm

If you recall Rebirth, the Kaworu dummy plugs were inserted just before they dropped off their carrier aircraft. Don't know any reason why a standard pilot's plug couldn't be used instead of the dummy plug.
The only open question is whether their S2 organs would have any effect on a fully human pilot.
Oh, Ozzallos, take a look back at the earlier posts in the thread; I was incorrect when I said unit 05 was destroyed. It was unit 03. Unit 05 was one of the mp Evas that made the drop on NERV Japan.
lwf58
Site Master

Eva Anime research!

Postby Delta-Theta » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:10 pm

This Link is based of the Anime... depending on what you are basing this fic off of it might help..
http://www.lwhy.clara.net/nge/
it says that unit 3 was the one that was infected by the 13th angel
unit 04 was wiped out in the USA
and units 5 thru 13 were the mass produced Evas (the white ugly ones that can fly)
hope this site helps any questions you know where to find me
Delta-Theta, Makoto-chan, Mako-Ohki ^_^
Losers call it "Cheating",
Winners call it "Exceptional Use of Unconventional Tatics".
Deal with it!
Delta-Theta
Senshi Cadet

Postby Pale Wolf » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:16 pm

I had a worked-out post, then everybody addressed all my comments.
So I will just say this: how big is your franchise getting? What's next? Shikification? Negification?
That creats a slight problem in pairing with Ranma, who will be 17 by the end of his/her series.

Not really... Two years is negligible.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Quizer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:59 pm

> Clearly they didn't in the cannon ;p
ARRRGH!!! Stop doing that!!!
The Fanfiction that is discussed on this site usually has absolutely nothing to do with medieval artillery guns, so could you PLEASE leave them out of this?! :cry:
The word for the entirety of events from the 'official', original material of a series is CANON, note the single N. Honestly, I don't get why so many people mess up these two words. IMO, it's one of the seven mortal sins of fanfiction writers and readers... So until Ozz decides to write a One Piece crossover, I don't want to hear any more about people doing something in a cannon! :shock:
Quizer
Senshi Candidate

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C