My unfinished first chapters: (A look into my head)

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

My unfinished first chapters: (A look into my head)

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:23 pm

Not too sure if this goes in ideas or here.
Matrix/Ranma Cross:
#Executing program: Human birth. Targets: Genma and Nodoka Saotome#
“Alright Saotome-san, get ready now, push...” The nurse was smiling at the auburn headed woman laying in the bed, obviously in labor.
“Genma! This is all your fault!” Nodoka snarled out as she went into another set of contractions.
#Target pod identified... Serial No. 5816238120... Mind match=positive#
Genma Saotome was sweating nervously and staring at his wife. “I know it’s my fault, dear. It will all be over soon.”
“Genma no BAKA! If I didn’t love you so much you would meet the business end of the family katana!” Nodoka wailed.
The doctor in the room smiled down at his patient. “I can see the head. One more push should do it.”
#Target child birth task: 89% complete#
“AUUUUUUGH!” Nodoka’s face turned a crimson red, and suddenly a wailing sound filled the room.
“Congratulations Saotome-san. It’s a....”
#Error 559: Gender protocol mismatch#
“Boy.” The doctor completed with a grin at the married couple. Genma smiled at his wife and his new son. The pledge with Soun could be completed now.
“What do you say, No-chan? How about we name the boy, Ranma?”
Nodoka smiled demurely at her husband. “Of course, husband. Our son’s name will be Saotome Ranma.”
#Error 559 fix: Child will live as male. Pod Serial No. 5816238120 Identity name: Ranma Saotome. Location: Nerima, Tokyo, Japan. Child has unusual output of bio-energy. Fact recorded.#
Matrix Nibunnoichi (Named this until I can find the word “Matrix” in Japanese)
By: Ellf
Disclaimer: Ranma Nibunnoichi is drawn and written by Rumiko Takahashi, published by Viz and Kitty films in the United States. Shokakugan Entertainment publishes Ranma in Japan. The Matrix is a registered trademark of AOL Time Warner, and was written by the Wachowski Brothers.
Rare was the day where Ranma would find enough time to himself to truly relax. Luckily today was one of those rare days. The pigtailed boy was sitting in a lotus position, in an area surrounded on all sides by trees.
Now let it not be said that Ranma is an unintelligent person. Just that if it has nothing to do with martial arts, he had no interest in it. However, meditation was one of the few things outside of the Art that interested him. There were many reasons for this. For one, he found it easier to think in meditation, and his meditation felt more real than the life he lived when he was not in it. Ranma liked the feeling of realness, and perhaps he would find a solution to the mess that his father had helped him in to.
‘The girls ain’t gonna give up. Not now, not ever. I need to make a decision. I don’t wanna hurt their feelings though. And there might be more... consequences.’
Ranma sat on that thought as it came out. Soon his mind was on a completely different subject though. It was on nothing. Mind of no mind. That is the point of meditation, and the pigtailed martial artist soon reached it. To anyone outside, Ranma was encased in an aura, one of pure white. This was a true ki master.
The feeling of being real soon became the sole focus in his mind. Reality, what was it? Was this real? Was he real? Does it really matter?
Ranma opened his eyes.
Where was he?!? Underwater, he could feel tubing in his throat! What was this?!? There were tubes sticking in him everywhere! Or more accurately, her, everywhere. Ranma began to thrash her body around before a shock went directly into her mind.
Ranma opened his eyes.
To see a world of green scrolling symbols. Ranma blinked, and he was in the park once more, but in his mind something affirmed itself. The wool had been pulled over his eyes before; he would not be tricked again. That pod was more real than here. He didn’t like lies. He would find a way out once more. He would seek it. That... that was the solution.
#Anomaly detected: Pod Serial No. 5816238120. Individual: Ranma Saotome. Send tracking program to anomaly. Redirect subject: Ryoga Hibiki to Nerima Park. Observe. Sentinel programs keep in reserve#
Ranma slowly climbed to his feet, before hearing a cry of “Ranma, prepare to die!”
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:24 pm

Ranma/Animorphs Cross
My name is Ranma. Now you probably think my family name is Saotome, but I’ve got news for you. It ain’t. Yes, I am that Ranma that you are thinking of, but Takahashi changed our last names to make them a bit more comedic. If you think I’m going to tell you my last name, you’re wrong. It isn’t safe. They are out there. For the sake of safely telling this story, my name will be Ranma Saotome, and the others will retain their Takahashi names, but remember, these ain’t our real names. I won’t tell you where we live either. Nerima will have to do for now.
There’s a reason for all of this secrecy. It ain’t because we don’t want the attention. Well, at least that kind of attention. We don’t want them to find us. Because if they did, all would be lost, and the Earth would lose its freedom.
There are days when I look back and remember a time when all I cared about was the Art. Well, the Art, and my cure. I remember that day when it happened. When it all changed for me; for me and for the rest of us. We were just kids back then.
Nerima Morphing Crew
An Animorphs/Ranma Nibunnoichi fusion By: Ellf
Disclaimer: Animorphs is owned by K. A. Applegate, and Scholastic publishing. Ranma 1/2 is owned by Rumiko Takahashi, Viz, Kitty Films, and Shokakugan Entertainment. There, the disclaimer thingy’s out of the way. Now move before I send a league of Hork Bajir after you.
It was shortly after what had become known as the Failed Wedding incident. Akane and I getting married, well, Pop and Tendo-san can dream, can’t they? It wasn’t like I wanted to marry the uncute tomboy anyways. Anyways, I’m getting beside myself here, and forgot what I was writing about. I had to look back up at the beginning of the paragraph to figure out what exactly I was saying. Oh right, the failed wedding. After that, both Ukyo and Shampoo seemed to have doubled their efforts at chasing me, and Akane’s temper seemed to... Well it wasn’t exactly directed at me; she found a different punching bag this time around. Not that I can’t take a hit from that tomboy, but I am happy she wasn’t hitting me. You probably don’t care who she was hitting anyways.
Anyways, the day that it happened, Akane and I decided we wanted to go to the mall. Actually, she decided and just dragged me along for carrying packages and stuff. We were actually having a good time.
I suddenly froze as I heard the ringing of a bicycle. That could only mean one thing. Shampoo. Don’t know why she alway
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:24 pm

Untitled Ranma/Naruto cross:
On top of Mount Horaizan, two people were locked in a fierce battle. Saotome Ranma was fighting for her life, and for her manhood. Prince Herb had already used the Kaisuifuu to unlock his curse and return to his male form. Ranma was desperately trying to do the same, but Herb wouldn’t let her get near the flowing water.
“You can’t win, Saotome. There is no chance of it.”
Ranma glared at the Musk Prince. The man claimed to come from a bloodline of a dragon and definitely had the power and ability to back it up. How could she beat someone like him? Still... She had to try. Leaping at the floating man, she thrust her fist towards his jaw. Herb simply grabbed her hand, spun around and threw her into the ground.
Damn it... I need to think of something to do.
“What’s wrong Saotome? Finally realize the truth?”
Slowly getting up to her feet, she spat out, “I will not lose, Herb!” She began to try to lead him into a spiraling motion.
“I don’t think so, Saotome. That technique doesn’t work on me. Now try this!” A yellow energy blade streamed from the man’s arms towards the pigtailed girl. She dodged, of course, but having to get out of the spiral step to do so. Instead of hitting her, it struck the mountain where the streaming steaming hot water from the Kaisuifuu was coming out. A crack wormed its way down from where that ki blade struck, causing the mountain to break apart. A glint of copper announced the falling kettle that was the Kaisuifuu.
“No!” Ranma leapt at it, only to be stopped by Herb. However a fanged boy who was watching the battle also jumped towards it, falling into the same crevice.
“Ranma,” he yelled, “I’ll get the Kaisuifuu; you just concentrate on Herb!”
Nodding, she turned her attention back on the prince. He didn’t even look winded. She herself was panting and could barely stand. Herb smirked and looked her over. “Seems you’re ready to continue.” He then flew at her with an alarming speed. Grasping her arm he threw her head first into the ground, leaving a large crater there. “I guess I win, Saotome.”
As she climbed to her feet, her eyes remained closed. “I told you before, Herb...” The pigtailed girl’s eyes started to open. “I will not lose!” Her eyes opened, revealing something far different than her usual blue orbs. These eyes were red on black, with three spoke-like colorations towards the center. Suddenly she was on her feet.
“If the Hiryuu Shoten Ha won’t work on you, then maybe this will.” She began to do a few quick formations with her hands. “Fuuton: Hiryuu Kaze no Jutsu!” (Wind Element: Rising Dragon Wind Technique) Holding her hands near her face, she blew with her mouth and what looked like a horizontal tornado came out and flew towards the dragon descendant. The wind took form into that of a dragon.
“Impossible... Ninjutsu?” Herb desperately tried to fly out of the way of it, barely avoiding a direct strike.
Suddenly the ground exploded upwards near Ranma. “Ryoga! Were you able to get it?”
The fanged boy bounded out of the hole he made with a sad expression on his face. “I’m sorry Ranma; it broke when it hit the ground.”
“Damn it!” Ranma cursed before getting punched across her jaw, causing her to fall backwards. She used her momentum to do a back flip and land on her feet. The redhead stared Herb directly in the eye. “So, you hope to beat me with taijutsu now, do you?” Suddenly, she wasn’t there anymore.
The Musk prince franticly began to move his head around, looking for something, anything that could help him locate that troublesome woman.
“Now Herb-chan, you wouldn’t be looking for me now would you?”
There! He turned quickly and launched a ki blade at the figure he saw there. She didn’t even dodge. Instead, she began to melt. “What is this?”
“It’s called a replication, Herb-chan. You took away my manhood. Now I’ll show you how much suffering you have caused me; I’ll show you why I fought so desperately. Mangekyou Sharingan: Tsukiyomi!” Her eyes changed once more as she stared into the eyes of the Musk prince. The spokes formed a three pronged spiral of black that captured his attention. He collapsed to the ground, barely remaining conscious.
“I... I... I’m... sorry...”
“Prince Herb!” Herb’s two attendants rushed to his side and began to help him up.
“Be glad I didn’t kill you, Herb. I could do that easily regardless of your bloodline. You can’t stand against my Sharingan.” Ranma collapsed to the ground after that, the other two that were watching the match rushed over to her.
Glancing down at the redhead, Ryoga sighed. He had waited so long to get his revenge on Ranma, and now he couldn’t do it. He felt her pulse... and paled.
“What is it, Ryoga?” A man with long black hair and glasses asked.
“It’s too slow. We need to get her to a doctor, and fast!” He picked her up and began to run off in an inane direction with Mousse right behind him. The scenery changed, and changed again.
“Ryoga! I don’t know how you did it, but we’re in Nerima! I’ll lead the way from here. We’re going to Tofu-sensei.” Mousse grabbed the lost boy’s hand and practically dragged him as they roof-hopped to Ono Chiropractic. The long-haired boy called out, “Tofu-sensei! Come quick!”
An older man dressed in a work robe stepped out from the back of the chiropractor’s office. His eyes were covered in glasses, and he stood about six inches taller than Ryoga. The light glinted off the man’s glasses once as he looked over at Mousse. Narrowing his eyes as he looked at the bundle in Ryoga’s hands, he said, “Bring Ranma to me, and tell me what happened.” Her ki is almost dry, and yet her chakra is higher than her ki. Odd; even for Ranma. Perhaps my old friend will indeed awaken soon.
As the two youths explained the events that happened leading up to them bringing her there, Doctor Tofu’s face became more and more concerned. When they told him what exactly Ranma did to Herb, his face twitched as he asked the pair, “Are you sure that’s the technique she used?”
Ryoga nodded vehemently. “She called it the Mangekyou Sharingan.”
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Re: My unfinished first chapters: (A look into my head)

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:33 pm

Sailor Sedai (Ellf) wrote:**********************************************************************
Matrix Nibunnoichi (Named this until I can find the word “Matrix” in Japanese)

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdic.html is an excellent online Japnaese dictionary.
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby Questara » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:03 pm

All three of those plots would make for excellent stories. In order the 3rd one, the 1st one, and then the 2nd one are the ones that interest me the most.
Questara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:46 pm

Give me Ranma/Naruto cross, or give me death! 8)
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Nukem » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:04 am

Ranma/Naruto:
how the heck did 'she' get the sharingan? spring or family?
Nukem
Senshi Cadet

Postby Atlan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:46 am

Ranma/animorphs...... dont see that so often. Looking foward to seeing it in full, eventually.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Waruiko » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:04 am

Ranma/Matrix holds a small part of my atention, but I never liked Animorphs and as such don't read its fiction... The Naruto cross felt way too akward to me. It had too sudden a change, and unless you provided us with a 5k-10k prolog I don't think I could stand to read it, even if I do like the cross. I just can't read a fic without a stable enough grounding.
Waruiko
Senshi Cadet

Postby nuclear death frog » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 am

I agree completely with Waruiko about the Ranma/Naruto idea. You're going to have to explain how Ranma has the Sharingan, and why he hasn't been using it. Furthermore, you're going to have to explain how he achieved Mangekyou Sharingan since if you discount Kakashi's having it in Part 2 of the manga (myself, I ignore Part 2 entirely), Itachi said that achieving Mangekyou Sharingan requires committing murder.
nuclear death frog
Senshi Cadet

Postby Scratx-chan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:18 am

Actually, not just explain how she got the Sharingan, but why suddenly she knew Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. Sharingan doesn't give knowledge, it allows you to copy something... but you have to see it first to execute it.
Out of the three, I'd prefer the Naruto one, but it's still in raw form... and I highly recommend not going for the Magenkyo (sp?) right away unless you must for some plot-derived reason.
Scratx-chan
Senshi Cadet

Postby Pale Wolf » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:47 am

how the heck did 'she' get the sharingan? spring or family?

Given that she knows what the hell it is, I'd bet family. Probably a 'Ranma is really someone else, hiding the memory even from himself' fic.
As for the rest... guys, I think that's all in the plan. It's useful to create a sense of mystery by starting the story after several formative events have already occurred and gradually reveal 'what the hell happened'. It's a hook.
Bluntly... I trust Ellf well enough on that regard. Giving no explanation means that the explanation is forthcoming. And it is, in my opinion, better than either shoving the explanation right in at the prologue (and it allows you to get to the interesting bits right away[/i]), or tossing in a half-assed two-paragraph explanation and running from there.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Dark Magic » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:59 pm

The naruto idea seems kinda weird to me....first off how are you going to say Ranma got into this world from the Naruto world. And about the Mangekyou Sharingan I would forgo that just for the fact it would make Ranma way to powerful.....and if your adding all of this techniques then the only person that would even stand a chance against Ranma would probably be either Itachi or Kyuubi-Naruto and even then maybe not, on the Naruto side. While it is a decent idea and I wish there were more Ranma/Naruto crosses out there, it would probably need a lot of work.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:38 pm

Remember, these are just unfinished chapters. The rest of the ideas are in my head. I've had plans for all of these fics, and do plan on continuing when time allows.
As for the Ranma/Naruto one, speculate all you want... My idea is fun to deal with.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C