Here's a thought for a Naruto fic...

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby crystlshake » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:50 am

Oh, I like that last part! I wonder if Kyuubi would feel lest bloodthirsty without all the testosterone and other male hormones roaming around Naruto's body? Maybe enough that she could actually teach him some tricks, talk to him in his head, or any of the other things Kyuubi does in 'Friendly Kyuubi' fics. We know from Yamato's past that Orochimaru has knowlege of DNA, so I'm sure Tsunade does as well. So I can very well see her using a medical jutsu to trick Naruto's body into turning all Y-chromosomes into X-chromosomes!

Perhaps the Kyuubi would be like Inner Sakura and become Naruto's cheerleader. :twisted: The Kyuubi seems to have some grudgeing respect for Naruto when he demands it to help him by lending its chakra (If i remember right its as hes thrown off the cliff). Could use the same scene or some other death immenant type of situation to get them to work together, if being female allows the Kyuubi to experience some of the outside world (sight, smell, touch, etc.) thrue Naruto it would go a long way toward building a working relationship between them. Even if it was unable to take over his body just being out of its prison (which looked pretty dismal and cramped) and free of what was likely close to sensory deprivation would do wonders for its disposition. Considering its relationship with Konoha it may play devils advocate when any one from the vilage wrongs him in some way (real or percieved by the fox) and encourage him to get back at them. Pranks then become a happy median between doing nothing and becoming a viscous terror. The Hokage then does nothing about the complaints knowing the possible consequenses of removing that avenue of 'justice' to Naruto and his passanger/partner.
'The willow knows what the storm does not. The power to endure pain outlives the power to inflict it.' -MtG, Blood of the Martyr
Appointed Spamville Inquisition Deputy by Shadell September 27, 2006.
Appointed Himitsu's Loyal Left Hand Girl October 26, 2006.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby DCG » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:01 am

Oh great like i needed another idea in my head.
This is to easy to work into a good narutochan fic.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:02 am

Erm... there is a minor discrepancy with Nekomata-sensei... Canon Naruto has the Kyuubi no Kitsune being Male. This is in accordance with the legend that spawned the whole Bijuu thing in Naruto, the legend of the Tailed beasts that is in Japan. Kyuubi no Youko was a male demon that was the strongest of the Tailed Beasts. Ichibi no Shukaku was the weakest, also male. Niibi no Nekomata was female and Fourth Strongest. Can't remember the rest of the names off the top of my head, but the eight tail was the Yamato no Orochi.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:27 am

Sailor Sedai (Ellf) wrote:Erm... there is a minor discrepancy with Nekomata-sensei... Canon Naruto has the Kyuubi no Kitsune being Male. This is in accordance with the legend that spawned the whole Bijuu thing in Naruto, the legend of the Tailed beasts that is in Japan. Kyuubi no Youko was a male demon that was the strongest of the Tailed Beasts. Ichibi no Shukaku was the weakest, also male. Niibi no Nekomata was female and Fourth Strongest. Can't remember the rest of the names off the top of my head, but the eight tail was the Yamato no Orochi.

And this is why we have fanfiction, so we can indulge our imaginations and change cannon however we want! In my Naruto fic Kyuubi is female, married to the Fourth, and Naruto's mom! In the manga Kyuubi's always been refered to as it as far as I remember, plus with the trickster mindset of kitsune who's to say Kyuubi isn't masquerading as a male to trick everyone? And I'm pretty sure that in the Naruto world the more tails a Bijuu has them more powerful it is. And we've only seen the Ichibi, Niibi, and Kyuubi so far... there are two already captured by Akatsuki we know nothing about.
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:31 am

Of course, we've also had it mentioned in the manga that there were only nine tailed beasts. I'm pretty sure that for canon, Naruto's author is going by the Japanese legends of the Bijuu. What confirmed that theory was exactly what the Niibi was.
Anyways, I agree with you on the fanfiction front. However, Nekomata-sensei claimed that no gender was given in canon. Kyuubi has a male voice, and has always been seen as a male character by Naruto and crew. Yes, many a time has Kyuubi been referred to as an it, but a few times it has been referred to as he. There is no canon evidence supporting a female Kyuubi.
However, I'm not saying that you can't have an AU where Kyuubi is indeed female. And I'm rambling... I've said my peace.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby GenocideHeart » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:55 am

Hmm. There's a lot of good ideas in this topic.
Personally, in my fic, I have Kyuubi be strictly genderless. Also, I have no plans for a female Naruto (the idea actually makes me violently ill, as it seems to invariably lead to NaruSasu pairings, which JUST DON'T WORK, seeing how Sasuke's obviously asexual :evil: ), so if anyone wants to take the idea in this topic and spin it that way, feel free to.
However, Ellf is right in that canon Kyuubi is referred to as 'HE' a few times, which probably implies he has, at least, a male mindset.
I'm amused at the suggestions of having Shizune be in charge of Naruto at first, because that's what I was thinking on doing. It's only after Naruto shows an amazing knack for figuring things out that Tsunade starts to get really interested.
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
--Ignus, Planescape: Torment
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
--Vhailor, Planescape: Torment
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Adyen » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:07 pm

If you like a Naru/Saku pairing, you could always have Naruto train Sakura.
I can easily see Jiraiya wanting 'in' on training Naruto, and Tsunade could have Naruto train Sakura in what he's learned as a lesson in control or something... So Jiraiya would train Naruto in stuff (later in the series), while Sakura gets trained by Naruto... or something.
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby Mitchell » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:34 pm

Yes he could do that but it would not be in the part that we are reading. Remember that the three year break they were trying to get Naruto as strong as possible so he could defend himself from Akatuksi(sp?). Having Naruto train Sakura would not only mean less time training for Naruto, but it would be more feasable for Sakura to have her own sensei, and not train under another genin(or chuunin if he passed the exam) who is still learning himself.
Though I do think that Jiraiya would probably give him soe training. A hybrid between two of the sannins would be interesting. THe overwhelming chakra of a battle speacilist with the control of a medic nin...
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Adyen » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:34 pm

I wouldn't say that... Sometimes, teaching others allow you to learn things about yourself as well.
Besides, he's going to start learning leadership skills SOMEWHERE...
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dragon Man » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:11 pm

Adyen wrote:I wouldn't say that... Sometimes, teaching others allow you to learn things about yourself as well.
Besides, he's going to start learning leadership skills SOMEWHERE...

This is all true. I think most people usually have Naruto get his leadership training by having him take on a Genin team as a Jounin, found his own hidden village, or just from whomever raises him if he doesn't grow up in Konoha. I went the route of having his dad by the Fourth and Naruto basically writing down everything he hears about being Hokage, strategies, how to run the village, etc, plus being a natural leader. You have to admit that many people come around after Naruto fights or influences them and he has the charisma to be a leader.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Adyen » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:12 pm

I think it's more like he has the drive to be a chrismatic leader. He's so enthusitic about DOING things that you can't help but be sucked in.
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dragon Man » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:35 pm

Adyen wrote:I think it's more like he has the drive to be a chrismatic leader. He's so enthusitic about DOING things that you can't help but be sucked in.

Just him cheering for her had Hinata gain the courage to fight Neji. He can inspire others to fight even against he darkest odds, a quality I think any Kage should have! Plus he loves his village, even after how they've treated him, and will fight to the death to defend it. It's hard not to follow someone like that and trust him with your life.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby GenocideHeart » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:39 am

Adyen wrote:If you like a Naru/Saku pairing, you could always have Naruto train Sakura.
I can easily see Jiraiya wanting 'in' on training Naruto, and Tsunade could have Naruto train Sakura in what he's learned as a lesson in control or something... So Jiraiya would train Naruto in stuff (later in the series), while Sakura gets trained by Naruto... or something.

Actually, I absolutely despise Sakura. In any and all fics I might write for the Naruto fandom, I'll have other pairings, because frankly, I'm very very tired of violent, stupid and abusive girls always being the main love interests...
Just for the record... :?
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
--Ignus, Planescape: Torment
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
--Vhailor, Planescape: Torment
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:56 am

GenocideHeart wrote:Actually, I absolutely despise Sakura. In any and all fics I might write for the Naruto fandom, I'll have other pairings, because frankly, I'm very very tired of violent, stupid and abusive girls always being the main love interests...
Just for the record... :?

Agreed. She never even thanked him for saving her from Gaara when she learned the truth from Sasuke. And if she's so good then how come she never offered to help Naruto improve his skills so he wouldn't hold them back or help him during those D-rank missions we saw just before the Chunin Exams? Honestly, everyone on Team 7 except Naruto makes me sick with their disregard for him.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:16 pm

what is she going to help Naruto with, she's basically got nothing going for at that time other then chakra control and then that's only because she's got such a small reserve of it. So I see know way she would be able to help Naruto.
And the whole Idea of Naruto training Sakura I don't like that either, mostly because Naruto would still be training himself, so he wouldn't have the time to train Sakura.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas