Ranma's childhood

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma's childhood

Postby max7xile » Fri May 28, 2010 2:57 am

I got this idea that won't go away for the last few months or so. I've see an great timeline done by mzephyr for Ranma http://home.comcast.net/~mzephyrus/timeline.html from the manga and I'm just wondering about the rest of his childhood. He's been gone for 12 years and we only see a few events in his early childhood. My thought is that he must have meet a lot of interesting people during those times and this would be a great way to do xover with other mangas. For example, I kept getting this one idea of a scene where Ranma goes to the temple where Rei (SM) stays during the summer with her grandfather. While Genma was off somewhere drinking/stealing, Ranma is left at the temple to wander around. He peeked in the room where Rei had just been taught about the sacred fire and how she would be able to one day be able to use. Her father had just left the room to take care of some visitors and Rei was attempting to meditate like her grandfather and make the fire grows like he did. While she was concentrating, Ranma entered the room and stood next to her while she had her eyes closed. He stared at her for a little bit, before saying "Hey, whatcha doing?" Rei was startled out of her meditation and scream when she saw Ranma face close to her . She attempted to punch him but missed as he tilted his head to the side. This only caused her to fall flat on her face and Ranma started laughing saying, "Hey, your funny." Of course, Rei didn't take this too well and tried to tackle him, but only ended in failures. After a few more attempts, she finally quit due to exhaustion. Ranma stood and watch her with a grin on his face as she glared at him. "Why were you staring at the stupid fire?" Ranma eventually asked. "It's not stupid! It's the sacred fire!" she shouted back. He looked at her curiously and asked, "Ummm...what's sacred?" "Means it's special!". "Really?" he asked and walked over to the fire and stared at it. After a little bit (3 sec worth), he turned to her and shrugged, "Looks normal to me". "Of course it's normal to you! You have to be train to use the sacred fire". Of course, Ranma heard training and immediately got excited, "What kind of training? Can you show me? I'm trianing to be the best martial artist ever?" "Welll.... Oh yeah, I'm going to be the best priestest"

Anyway, they get into an argument on who's the best and how the scacred fire was special. Rei attempted to show Ranma that fire was special by making it grow bigger. Unfortunately, she didn't get any result but a slight flicker from the fire. Ranma teased her that the fire wasn't special at all and Rei got really upset and ran out of the room to get her grandfather. While he was alone with the fire, he just stared at it and wonder what was so special about the stupid fire. He eventrually gave up and walked away. As he was walking away, he felt something flared up. When he turned around, he saw the once little fire was now a great big one. This only got him more excited and he rand back to it. He walked around admiring it and felt an urget to reach out to touch the fire. At this time, Rei returned with her grandfather and saw ranma reaching for the fire and attempted tto yell for him to stop, but was halted by her grandfather. They stood and watch and Ranma played with the fire by moving his hand through it, but never feeling the heat as he was expecting. Rei yelped in surprise when Ranma stepped into the fire completely and watch as the sacred fire consummed him. Both Rei and her grandfather ran to him and a burst of light filled the room and they found Ranma lying on the floor next the now normal sacred fire. They watch over him and waited until he awoke about an hour later. When asked about the event, Ranma didn't seem to remember anything.

I was thinking that this was after the nekoken incident and the sacred fire felt the turmul within him and help him out. I can see another event with Usagi where he would help her out after she had fallen and injured her ankle. He carried her home and she got this fairy tales idea of Ranma being her Prince rescuing her. Well, after spending more time with Ranma, she soon found out that Ranma doesn't exactly act anything like a Prince supposed to and tried to re-educate him. Eventually, she gave up and before he left for another trip, she told him that she preferred Ranma way better and kissed him on the cheek for always saving her. This would be after meeting Rei and before meeting Ryouga at the all boys school.

I would love to see someone write more of Ranma's childhood as he meet different people that shaped his character. I can see him meeting Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road and sparring with her. This will be after meeting Usagi and still before Ryouga. Yusuke from YYH and sparring with him (Probably during the same time as Ryouga). Tenchi would be earlier on and probably right after the death of his mothing. Both would be the same age and Ranma had just recently began his trip. So this would be before Ukyou and nekoken. Or Fuurinji Miu while in hina. As you can see, Ranma could meet any number of characters. These can be short stories for each character. So, any volunteer?
max7xile
Senshi Candidate

Return to Ideas