A Fractured Blossom

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

A Fractured Blossom

Postby toushin » Tue May 31, 2011 9:56 pm

In Wild Cherry Blossom Sakura manages to push Sasuke out of the way of Orochimaru's cursed seal causing him to land his bite on her instead and awakening fragmented memories of a previous life. Who was she and why does Kyuubi know her as Godslayer? This fanfic has been rewritten at least three times the latest one is entitled A Fractured Blossom. While I’m not a Sakura hater I don’t particularly like her. to me her early portrayal in the manga was of girl that who ignored the flaws of the person she likes simply because he’s good looking. As the series progressed and she develops genuine feeling for him her personality becomes similar to beaten wife syndrome. Part II of the manga has her as a more indebt heroin, she finally realizes that that the only way to stop Sasuke is to kill him. Unfortunately this decision is still motivated by her feeling for him. He wants to kill him to save him from himself not as punishment for all that he’s done.

Lets get back on topic everyone knows about inner Sakura which is a manifestation of Sakura’s inner emotions. In addition to comic relief, Inner Sakura represents Sakura's actual opinion on things when she outwardly displays something opposite. The various fanfics introduce ranma as a third personality. Though some might disagree this seems to complicate the matter the more you read. i.e. the longer the fanfic the more confusing it becomes. So to fix this problem instead of having ranma as an until now unknown personality why not just have Inner Sakura be the representation of him.

My idea is combine the concept of A Fractured Blossom with Lu Dragon's Star of War. In Star of war. using an Amazon magical artifact, Mousse, Ryouga, and Tatewaki banish Ranma, where he is reborn as a five year old on the world of Fist of the North Star. There, during a village raid, he meets Kenshiro who decide to train Ranma to be the next generation's master of the Hokuto Shin Ken style. Instead of being reborn Ranma is resurrected as Sakura Haruno. In Star of War Ranma still had his skill and his high ki reserves so when Kenshiro agreed to train him he blocked them so Ranma wouldn't end up burning out his five year old body which couldn't handle such high reserves of energy. I haven’t decided if Inner Sakura is the natural and subconscious attempt to do the same thing or the magic of the artifact used to send Ranma to the Naruto universe. This will be used to explain Sakura’s natural strength against genjutsu and any other technique that attacks the mind. Remember Sakura will have no knowledge of Ranma, he will just be a representation of her inner personality. However there will be bleed through such a he high level of chakra control or her ability to quickly learn new techniques like the tree walking jutsu. So even though she has no way of accessing her high energy reserves or even knowledge of them they’re still there preventing genjutsu techniques from properly connecting to her chakra coils.

First Half
The first of the fic will have to be very similar the first half of the manga which means that Sasuke will be the one who gets bitten by orochimaru. I’m opting to have the moment where Sasuke leaves the village and the traumatic experience that cracks the mental blocks that keep Sakura and Ranma as separate personality. Ranma will begin to bleed through as start to fuse with Sakura (for example think of the Ranma/Ah my Goddess Rain). As the story progresses Sakura will show more and more of Ranma’s mannerisms, outlook ect. This is also true for her ki reserves, as more of ranma bleeds through the more access Sakura will have to those reserves. After careful debating I decided that the moment during the Five Kage Summit Arc where Sakura found Sasuke about to kill Karin. When Sasuke attempts to kill her Sakura will gain the last of her sealed memories. Ranma’s death, battles fought. She gains his pain it is here that the resurrection of Ranma is finally complete.
Ranma will imprint his portrayal with the Uchiha’s. in God of war Ranma’s training in Hokuto shin ken allowed him to stay calm enough not to go on a murderous rampage the moment he found his way back to his home dimension. Imprinting his pain on the Uchiha is a way for Ranma to fight her demons so that she will be better equipped to confront Ryoga Kuno and Mousse. Things like creating ways to mimic/combat the Uchiha abilities as well as general insults such as taking the title of Shunshin from Shisui Uchiha. Combining Ranma’s skill, Sakura’s medical knowledge and chakra control, with this will make for a very dangerous individual.

I haven really decided on a matchup Samui would be my first choose if she wasn’t so much older then her. I find it ignoring that there are so many fanfics where Ranma-chan ends up with a man. When next to cats it seems to be his greatest fear. The only fic where Ranma ends up with a man that I found believable was Tenchi and Ranma Together Forever.

Ranma will go back to her home universe in her early to mid twenties. About 5 to 10 years after the Ninja wars this will give Ranma enough time to get her affairs in order.

Second Half
the main difference between the second half of Star of War and this fic the difference by which the main characters are raised. So the their approaches as well as their reaction will be completely different. Plus the fact that SOW Ranma was raeborn as a man and this Ranma is reborn as a girl.

Mouuse, Ryoga, and Kuno will also be different. In Star of War each fighter trained by strengthening all the flaws that Ranma constantly exploited. I don’t plan changing Mousse that much the blind fighting and advanced hidden weaponry really interests me. Ryoga however will have to be given a major overhaul. The originals use of earth based techniques would be too easily exploited so I’m thinking increased emphases on agility and defense similar to how Kenpachi from bleach can fight with all of his senses taken away and still dodge sword strikes. I want to take away the magical sword away from Kuno and turn him more into an all around fighter may give him a fighting style similar to Madoka Mawari or the Natsume’s from Tenjho tenge or Shinmei-ryū

What do you think
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: A Fractured Blossom

Postby Pale Wolf » Tue May 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Toushin, please check your PM box. The staff has a question for you, and has asked it before.

You will answer prior to your next post, or recieve a temporary ban.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Spokavriel » Tue May 31, 2011 11:56 pm

I don't really like the idea of inner Sakura starting out as him. What about having his experiences and memories start to wake up in her after the snake bite and the result of that causing Sakura to start seeing her inner self as whomever those memories came from. Probably at first only remembering ones from Ranma-chan due to them being easier for her to accept. Make it more evolutionary where Ranma has to come back into being first. Its not like Sakura has the Jusenkyo curse or lived a life where her starting to think she was born a guy would really make sense.

In the second half. Because a reincarnation is involved what about ensuring all the NWC are in their 40's and maybe even bring in another cross over that their lives have gotten tied up in during the interim?

Let character development bring you to a matchup. Don't plan one yet. Don't discount that no matter how much of Ranma is involved Sakura is still all girl and was born one.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:26 pm

"Ranma gets sent to another universe, gets a powerup there, returns to his universe fore vengeance" is a worn, tired, annoying cliche.

Lathis already parodied this:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3774578/1/Welcome_Home

As the story progresses Sakura will show more and more of Ranma’s mannerisms, outlook ect

Why?

This Sakura may be a reincarnation of Ranma, but has different genetics and different upbringing. She won't have the same background as Ranma, nor his training from Genma. She would have better education, more social links while growing up. Even with memories, THIS IS NO LONGER RANMA. He doesn't even have his curse. Why on earth would Sakura fall back on Ranma's mannerisms or his ki reserves? There are no collaborating evidence for his past life (especially given this is a brand new universe), so isn't this just delusions? Even if there were evidence, why would he even care about his past? He has a new life, why not live with it? Why seek to return to his past (note: not own) universe?

If you suddenly remember being General Custer, would you try to find a way to go back into the past and start slaughtering indians that killed him? Or would you continue live the life you live today and simply use the past memories as a lesson in life to be applied in your current life?

Fractured blossom and the rest at least managed to avoid this, because Sakura is her own personality, with her upbringing reflecting it, even with Ranma along for the ride.

The fact that he returns to his universe along with this...

Combining Ranma’s skill, Sakura’s medical knowledge and chakra control, with this will make for a very dangerous individual.

... the entire thing sounds like an excuse to stack Sakura/ninja skills on Ranma. Toss in some sasuke bashing for good measure, and since a curbstomp is too boring, powerup Kuno, Ryoga and Mousse.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby toushin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:17 pm

The type of reincarnation I’m thinking of is similar to the one in the fanfic rain. In that fic ranma is the reincarnated god of rain one of the three storm gods. After his battle with saffron ranma has been constantly rethinking the battle. He could have easily dispatched saffron if he wanted to yet he held back; he wasn’t effected in the least by killing him because he knew he would regenerate. He even knew of a way to kill him permanently yet he doesn’t know how he knew these things. He is also plagued by dreams and memories of his past life. As time goes on ranma starts to remember more and more and begins to rapidly change. Though its not really that drastic its more like ranma matures throughout the fic losing all of his bad traits. It turns out that ranmas personality was a lot like Kura Okami’s only tainted by genma. All of his past associates noticed that his time as ranma. By the end ranma was pretty much kura with the before mentioned personality traits bleeding in at times. The last of his sealed memories were given to him in a box

Quote from rain chapter 13
"Your death, battles fought long ago. These are your pain Kura, it's time you remembered what being a god truly is." "And all the way at the bottom, a little bit of hope, right?"
It was this point that he stopped being ranma altogether and all that was left was Kura.

Again while I stress that this is another Wild Cherry Blossom remake it’s really a remake of star of war yet instead of ranma going to the fist of the north star universe he goes to the naruto universe.

Star of war is divided into two parts the first part ranma’s body is transported to the fist of the north star universe and changed into a six year old boy yet he still keeps his ki reserves. In my fic like I said ranma is not transported to the naruto world but re born in it. I took this directly from rain. In rain ranma’s battle with saffron was the catalyst for unlocking his memories in my fic the snake bite is. Also in my fic his memories unlock much more slowly. I figured it would be better to have ranma represent sakura’s inner voice instead of adding a new one. During the tree climbing exercise where inner sakura bragged about being better that would be ranma, her fighting off ino’s technique that’s ranma, etc. these instances aren’t actually ranma himself but just represent sakura’s connection to her past life. As she starts to gain he old memories inner sakura starts to dwindle away. If you’ve noticed she hasn’t been seen in the second part of the series. Plus since she has no one to tell her she is ranma she will always be sakura and the memories are just weird dreams. Unlike in rain she will not be aware of her past life though her personality will start to change to reflect ranma’s as ranma’s did to reflect kura’s. sasuke attacking her will be the catalyst for unlocking the last of her sealed memories and ranma will be completely resurrected.

Basically this fic is a fusion of star of war rain and Wild Cherry Blossom. Sakura replaces ranma, ranma replaces Kura Okami’s and the naruto replaces fist of the north star.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Ideas