Ranma is sailor moon (working title: Millennial Panic)

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Ranma is sailor moon (working title: Millenial Panic)

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 pm

This is character death of Ranma characters. You've divorced all of the NWC even though your are showing them being here.

Here is what I think the lock should be. Have it so Ranma can't change back until the lingering purification energy of Sailor Moon Magic attacks has dispersed enough. Jusenkyo has no cure half the time Takahashi is asked about it. Curses have been shown to mix and yet jumping into spring of drowned man is the cure Takahashi has said.

The stronger the magic or the more times magic has to be used in the fight the longer it takes Ranma to have a chance to turn Male again.

Now back to the Ranma Characters. Did events at Jusenkyo go normally or did Ranma's urgency start soon enough to make her not chase Genma-panda down? Did Ryouga get cursed?

The Amazons going home doesn't make much sense to me but don't forget Shampoo was hunting Girl Type Ranma. Unless you change how events go in her village she still will be. Until she goes home there is no reason for Cologne to show up and if you lock the curse there is no reason for her to think she has to give up hunting the outsider down.

Ukyo is hunting for Ranma and it was only because of finding him that she set up her shop in Nerima. Following rumors of him with her smaller grill like at lunch seems more likely to me for ways to keep earning money without wasting it on leasing a building.

How would Ranma have somewhere to live without the Tendo engagement? It could easily force Genma and Ranma to have to contact Nodoka sooner than in the usual time line. How will things go with Nodoka?

What happens when Happosai gets free because it also is going to happen. Just like these other events it is something that happens regardless of what is going on in Nerima.

Food for thought. And you are going to need more than an exposition dump to sell how the Outers can be outmatched by the Dark Kingdom. Yes Saturn can destroy the world but that is not her only attack. Going to assume that the Senshi have no reason to seek out the Earth Prince and he only really started awakening in response to threats felt through his soul link to the Moon Princess. So Tuxedo Mask is also not involved yet. All the Generals are likely active at once and the energy gathering likely succeeded more often if you don't have Moon's finishing moves. So they likely are able to bring more than one monster to most fights by now.

Tons of work but please remember there are some things you can't just wish away if the reasons for their involvement already got set in motion.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Ranma is sailor moon (working title: Millenial Panic)

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:11 pm

There's no bouken. There's a Bow Stave and a Long Bow. But I've derailed too much. Cameos from other crosses in place of more blatant DeusEx is often a decent way of introducing elements you could make use of later without having to make it a full cross. Just imagine if Ranma and Usagi end up stuck outside the Crown while it is closed for Repairs after Skuld decided she could fix a video game machine after cleaning out the Ice Cream supply?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Ideas