Random Ranma fanart from me

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Postby Kadunta » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:57 pm

Yup, sounds like a very plausible scenario. I usually pick up the marker only after I get frustrated enough or the paper begins to wear out of continued erasing/redrawing (although in the latter scenario I usually just throw the paper in the trash bin).
Thanks for brutal honesty, btw. I needed that.
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
-- E.M.Cioran, "All Gall Is Divided", translation by Richard Howard
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Deric » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:38 pm

Kadunta wrote:Haven't been drawing fan art (or anything else for that matter) lately. Hopefully I'm now breaking out of my slump.
Since I doubt RanmaTronic is going to get much of a following, I decided to try drawing some art for it myself. This is still only a lineart pic and I might add more of those glowing lines to girl-Ranma. My attempts to colour it have been ... less than successful.

I like both pictures. I think what may be throwing everything off is the computer scenes in Tron used muted colors; the free programs using blue highlights and the captured using red.
Just my two cents, I think using green highlights, auburn for her hair, and brown for her body might be a better color scheme.
Deric
Some people work to achieve peace and harmony.
I'm not one of them.
Deric
Senshi Candidate

Re: Random Ranma fanart from me

Postby Kadunta » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Just a new picture of Ranma in RanmaTronic. I decided to go more for the original movie/Tron 2.0 look rather than the Tron: Legacy one with the ringette identity disc. I might want to crop the picture a bit later on, though, to make Ranma a bigger part in the picture.

And yeah, I know the earlier RanmaTronic pic links don't work and I don't know if I even have those pictures in store anywhere. Not that it even matters.
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:03 pm

The image is nice but aren't you a bit light on the circuit tracings? I also don't remember people in black... I was thinking about watching the new TRON movie but no one has been able to answer 1 question I need before I feel right going to see it. And that is if Alan's Program Tron actually is included in it.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Spokavriel wrote: And that is if Alan's Program Tron actually is included in it.

He is.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Kadunta » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Here's Tron 2.0 cover art with the player character in a rather dark suit; that game definitely affected my view on the world and what Ranma et al. look like. The colouring on Ranma is a bit off, I agree... a bit too much to the green. And maybe there's a bit too much glow on Ranma as well.

As for your question about the new movie, I saw the movie on Saturday and I can say Tron is in the movie but only in a small part and not really in a part I would've liked to see him in.
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Considering what he was designed to do I wouldn't be surprised to see him having taken over for SARC.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Kadunta » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:09 am

Spokavriel wrote: The image is nice but aren't you a bit light on the circuit tracings?

Wait, I think I misread you at first -- did you mean by this that I should have more of them rather than having that much 'black' in the suit? I think I thought that my first RanmaTronic pic was too heavy on them and hence used the etchings rather sparingly. There is too much of a good thing, after all, and I honestly prefer this 'sparse' look (I think Circuit Breaker (Transformers) overdid it). Also, looking at the Tron DVD case back, the guard programs don't seem to have all that much red in their suits either. The other programs probably have more, though.

I updated the pic a bit - a bit more places of shadow but not many (just to give some roundness), slight edit of Ranma's face, a lighter glow for the previously green-blue lines and the fic title at the top. Pic here or on deviantArt.
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:12 am

The Guard programs only appear to not have circuit tracings because they have solid plates of armor over themselves. And your first image was overkill but only by about 20% The happy medium between this and that one is a little closer to that earlier one.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Fan Art