A little Ralts in Moonlight Art.

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

A little Ralts in Moonlight Art.

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat May 24, 2008 6:41 am

Yeah, I have other drawings that deserve coloring as well, but I couldn't help working on this one that I drew and colored last night while my internet was being just plain sucky and non-working.

The drawing is basically of Ranma thinking about his evolution into a Kirlia. :lol:

The drawing first only contained Ranma and the thought bubble with his thought of his future Kirlia form inside. After coloring all that, I ended up adding the tree, and then the cliff wall, and finally the grass. It was originally just going to be a simple drawing, but I went from there. XD
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sat May 24, 2008 8:21 am

This is really excellent. But the sweatdrop is not warranted for this situation.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat May 24, 2008 8:27 am

The angry thought bubble is also not needed.

For this simple style you don't want to clutter things up.

I think you just need the thought bubble with the next stage.

Though what really should be worrying her is the stage in Pokemon evolution after that one. Garidor I think?
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Dumbledork » Sat May 24, 2008 11:07 am

I think that the angry thought bubble fits the situation real well. But that's just my humble opinion.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vilkath » Sat May 24, 2008 11:16 am

Nice stuff, I have to agree the angry and sweat drop bubble is a little to much. I could see one of them but both is a little over board. I think the depressed/angry bubble is fine for this setting, a sweat drop bubble might make more sense if the scene was some one explaining it to him for the first time, and he thought that up.

What might be really funny is if Ranma's evolution becomes 'shiny' or other wise special. Imagine a Kirlia with a glittery shine to it, pink sparkles would really make Ranma feel better I am sure.
"A hero is just the brave idiot who charged a dragon and didn't die."
Vilkath
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat May 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Hmm... yeah, the sweat-drop bubble does seem a little out of place and makes it seem cluttered. I'll have to remove that.

What might be really funny is if Ranma's evolution becomes 'shiny' or other wise special. Imagine a Kirlia with a glittery shine to it, pink sparkles would really make Ranma feel better I am sure.

That'd be a little too cruel for Ranma. :lol:

I've actually thought of something that'd make Ranma's Kirlia form different... the top of his/her head ends up -- through some odd means during evolution -- gaining an ahoge.

An ahoge is that one large strand of hair you find on anime and manga characters that sticks up in the middle of the head and simply and perpetually defies gravity.

Examples of this are Himeko Katagiri of Pani Poni Dash, and Ahiru from Princess Tutu.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x310 ... Tutu-1.jpg
of course... not that large.

Talk about another feature that'd make him/her easilly noticeable. XD
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art