Could use help and tips on combining looks.

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Could use help and tips on combining looks.

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:40 pm

First of all I might as well say that I am making this thread because I don't have much faith in my own artistic ability outside of landscapes. That's part of why I started to draw a sketch for what Zapana should look like repeatedly and then just kept asking the same clothing questions and never really getting it done.

People might have seen this sketch in my spamville dossier in Other Talk. If you look at the ears and the head the angles don't agree. That's because I have allot of trouble drawing a part turned head.

Really if it isn't dead on looking forward or profile I just can't draw a head. Any tips that might help would be appreciated.

Now for what I want to combine the appearances of. The goal is to come up with a combination of these looks to have an image for my Little Girl form in Spamville.

The first of the 3 colages include one of Family pictures from 1982 that show mostly myself and my little sister back when I was the age that I would like the finished image to look. But I think in crossing my look with the characters look it could still turn out seeming too mature. Any thoughts there.

Now for the two other ones. And their just stacked image colages I was being lazy. Ryo-Ohki in child form is what I have repeatedly stated for people to think of.

And I would like to combine her look with that of Chibi-Blossom in PowerPuffGirlsZ.

I also included a picture of a Fox because Kitsune is in the character mix and because of that I would like the ears to be on the top of the head and to keep a fox tail in all the forms. I'd also like any thoughts on if Blossom's bow and hair style could be kept without losing Ryo-Ohki's look.

So tips sketches advice. I know it's all centered around my Spamville appearance but I'm kinda dead ending on my attempts to do it myself.
Edit: Having that one image not be a thumbnail with the rest as thumbnails was a bit jarring so I fixed that.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:56 pm

I know it's the weekend so things are slower than week days. But it's been a whole day. Not even a comment on if I'm trying to over complicate things adding my my real life at that age? I really would like any advice that could be offered.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:05 pm

Blossom-chan wrote: I know it's the weekend so things are slower than week days. But it's been a whole day. Not even a comment on if I'm trying to over complicate things adding my my real life at that age? I really would like any advice that could be offered.

Let me first preface my comments by saying I can't draw at all...that being said, I think it's a bit complicated don't you think?

First off, for the fox piccie:
While the ears are a bit skewed, and it does look a bit like the right ear is growing out of it's forehead, the problem is you lack depth. The bottom half looks a bit flat, and 2D. Maybe you could draw a bit of the right leg as well... actually it might help with the head as well if you drew an outline of the right eye or something... give it the illusion of 3D.

As for combining a piccie of Real You (cute piccies by the way) with Chibi-Blossom, and Ryo-OhKi and fox tails and ears... the end result would look rather strange wouldn't it? I mean even if it's just combining Chibi-Blossom with Ryo-Ohki... while doable, seems like you're mixing two different art-styles...even if they are both "anime-style" drawings....

....add to that, you want to add a piccie of real life you, that's blending at least 3 styles of artwork.... so it'll end up either very very very hard, or very very very weird looking...probably nothing like what you're imagining...

...although you could probably Photoshop it.... >.>
Princess of Nyx (Nix)
Saving the world, One Bishie at a Time

Rank Up! Spammaster Rank C by Himi-chan Sept. 5, 2007
Appointed 'Universal Translator' by Cybses July 22, 2006
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:54 pm

Yeah my whole complaint with all my attempts to draw anything other than landscapes is that I really can't pull off a 3D look. I can somehow manage top views back front side bottom but if in my mind it's a skewed perspective all of a sudden I lock up and can't draw it out.

I mostly posted the family pic as a real life refference just because I had the pictures and decided it would be fun to show what my family looked like in 82.

Maybe if someone could do an Anime interpretation of how I looked at 4 would work out as Anime it could be a bit simpler. Just like it might have been easier had I picked a pic of a cartoon fox instead of a real one off of the National Parks Service site.

In the end I really want to end up with a form that looks noticeably like Ryo-Ohki but has fur the color of Blossom's hair and still keeps Chibi-Blossom's hair style and Bow. With the ears shifting to the top of the head and a tail since unlike Ryo-Ohki my characters tail doesn't go away.

Unless people think there should or has to be a difference in fur shade. Then I'm open to suggestions.

And I don't want it to end up looking older than I did at age 4. My sister is about a year and a half younger than me.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:06 pm

Blossom-chan wrote: Yeah my whole complaint with all my attempts to draw anything other than landscapes is that I really can't pull off a 3D look. I can somehow manage top views back front side bottom but if in my mind it's a skewed perspective all of a sudden I lock up and can't draw it out.

I'd say go for cubism, but that's neither here nor there....

Blossom-chan wrote: In the end I really want to end up with a form that looks noticeably like Ryo-Ohki but has fur the color of Blossom's hair and still keeps Chibi-Blossom's hair style and Bow. With the ears shifting to the top of the head and a tail since unlike Ryo-Ohki my characters tail doesn't go away.

You know the way the bow is positioned, either the ears won't stand out for what you have in mind, or the bow won't. Because the bow can be mistaken for ears on top of her head....unless you shift the bow down, and widen the gap of the ears so it looks more like "pointy Mickey Mouse ears"....

...that being said, if you don't need it to look like you in anyway, there is a possibility that a simple crop-job could suffice.......probably...maybe...I think....
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:10 pm

I like the way the ears kinda go with the bow on my avatar already.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Blossom-chan wrote: I like the way the ears kinda go with the bow on my avatar already.

*Sweatdrops*.... I thought that was part of the bow... >_<
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Nope. Take a look at this old side by side of the images. The one with the white fringe is obviously the less altered image.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Could use help and tips on combining looks.

Postby Spokavriel » Sun May 24, 2009 7:36 pm

It's been a while since I've floated this or said anything in here. But I recently recolored and Eevee sprite to fit what I think should be the correct coloration for Smallest form. I don't know if it will help any or if anyone is still willing to help me on this. But here's the image anyway.
BLSMEEVE.png
BLSMEEVE.png (998 Bytes) Viewed 6645 times
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Could use help and tips on combining looks.

Postby Spokavriel » Thu May 28, 2009 10:55 am

This is what happens to Ryo-Ohki trying to do the same kind of Recolor I did on Eevee. It's ok but well it doesn't have enough of Blossom in it.

The clothes aren't helping but where's the happy medium?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art