Cliched Fantasy art

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Cliched Fantasy art

Postby LawOhki » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:37 am

Link to Deviant Art page.
http://lawrachan.deviantart.com/#/d45m07p

Not finished and I'm not sure if I will but I was bored and wanted to put down an image I had in my head for a future chapter. Sort of spoiler and the image is kind of large so click to view.

Info from DA
Had the urge to create something for my story, Cliched Fantasy. At the time of uploading this the story has not progressed to this point but Ranma will eventually be donning a set of armor and this is what I had in mind.

The armor consists of a layer of chainmail over cloth underwear, a layer of thin leather like material that is enchanted to be stronger than plate armor but still retain flexibility. (The shoulders and "skirting") The only pieces of plate that are worn are on the chest, wrists, and lower legs.

It also works to help clear up any kind of confusion on what Ranma looks like.

If anyone is interested in coloring have at it. The chainmail/plate will be silver while the shoulders/skirting are a dark shade of blue. The belt and knee padding are black.

SPOILER - Show Spoiler
Last edited by LawOhki on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Re: Cliched Fantasy art

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:25 am

Looks great although I got the impression that Ranma's boobs should be larger than that, or is that male Ranma?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:38 am

Dumbledork wrote:Looks great although I got the impression that Ranma's boobs should be larger than that, or is that male Ranma?

Ranma doesn't have breast like one of DCG's avatars and she's wearing restrictive undergarments. It's also almost a directy copy of the pose that Ranma had in the manga on this page. (Because I suck at poses) And it's clearly not a male Ranma.
Last edited by LawOhki on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:40 am

lol. Okay. Definitely not the same size as in the latest OVA.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:43 am

Dumbledork wrote:lol. Okay. Definitely not the same size as in the latest OVA.

Yea the OVA gave Ranma implants and not small ones. Ranma has a large bust but it's appropriate for her size.

Edit - I went in and redid the right wing because it was bugging me.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Tail bugs me a bit and the armor is perhaps a bit too reminiscent of Herb but otherwise very nice.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:43 pm

frice2000 wrote:Tail bugs me a bit and the armor is perhaps a bit too reminiscent of Herb but otherwise very nice.

I'm creating a clean line copy that fixes the tails position as it did bug me. Armor is a mix of things and while I wasn't looking at herb it does have a similar style. But I think that's more because I wanted some hint of asian design.

Here is the clean version.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:08 am

Gives me a she's a general overlooking her troops kind of feel. Like she's standing on a hilltop overlooking her enemies in her armor ready to direct her army. I know you wanted more of a prepared for fight thing but with the armor and the sword sheathed that's the first thing I think of instead.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Progress.
See below
Last edited by LawOhki on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Gold and blue aren't the most complimentary colors I'd imagine for Ranma and they do kind of stand out a little too much, but considering the origins of it makes sense. Like the retouches and wing coloration quite a bit though very nice element. The only two non-coloring elements that shouts out to me are the ears and hands. Could use some depth to them. Maybe some earrings with some enchantment or a keepsake from a friend? Other then that very nice.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:06 am

frice2000 wrote:Gold and blue aren't the most complimentary colors I'd imagine for Ranma and they do kind of stand out a little too much, but considering the origins of it makes sense. Like the retouches and wing coloration quite a bit though very nice element. The only two non-coloring elements that shouts out to me are the ears and hands. Could use some depth to them. Maybe some earrings with some enchantment or a keepsake from a friend? Other then that very nice.

Since I didn't indicate this before, Ranma is going to steal this armor from someone so the colors are not going to directly compliment Ranma's red/black coloring.

Ranma's basically done, just need to throw in a background. Please see the DA version for the highest quality.
http://lawrachan.deviantart.com/art/Cli ... -251721177
Last edited by LawOhki on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Very nice work on the edging and the little runes. Ear and hand still look a little bland compared to the rest. Also the sashes and cloth kind of look incomplete not sure if that's on purpose as not colored yet or otherwise. Tail looks very nice now I just want to see a full succubus to get the differences. Also assume this is before you give her the tail thing you mentioned last night. Also not seeing the glow effect you described as it just looks like sun reflection . Still overall quite nice.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Nice work. I like it.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art