Can the Genocyber be killed?

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Can the Genocyber be killed?

Postby FOG3 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:12 pm

I would like to know what other people who have seen this title's opinion is on this. I'm tending towards no personally.
*Spoiler warning*
The reasoning goes something along the lines of:
Elaine already disapeared and was basically bodyless before merging with Diana.
Damage to the Genocyber never really carried over to Diana's body controlled by Elaine.
As a matter of fact despite having large amounts of stuff blown off it didn't appear to so much as slow down until Diana basically hit the cut off switch and the body mysteriously turned to stone.
The girl who ended up being component number 3 for the Genocyber was clearly dead, but somehow her disembodied self basically resurrected the Genocyber, before Diana kicked her out complete with a new fixed up body.
If this is the case it would seem that the apparent body of the Genocyber isn't anything overly critical, and if sufficiently motivated it can just keep coming back regardless of whether you manage to destroy it's body. It seems killing it would be like trying to kill an idea, an exercize in futility.
FOG3

Postby DCG » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:14 am

who? what? when? where? WHY!
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Atlan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:11 am

Ummm. Does any one know what the hell he's talking about?
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Darkbane848 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:17 am

Probably the three-part mini-series called Genocyber.
A review can be found here: http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue41/anime.html
FOG3: Sorry but I can't help you, it's been too long since I wathced it, so I can't really remember much about it.
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Postby FOG3 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:20 pm

Atlan wrote:Ummm. Does any one know what the hell he's talking about?
As Darkbane point out, Genocyber one of the more infamous anime titles out there that I finally bothered to see what all the fuss was about within the past year. It's not that obscure, old but not obscure.
FOG3

Postby DCG » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:49 pm

Your asking the wrong group of people question about that.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Metroidvania » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:10 am

you'd probably want to visit a sci-fi forum for this kind of information, as likely, very few know the anime it is that you're referring to.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby FOG3 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:59 pm

Understood, thanks anyway.
FOG3

Postby Bliss » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:11 pm

Hmmm.... I did manage to see one of the OVA... but was utterly repulsed by the lack of story line and the excessive gore. I just never bothered watching much past that point. Sorry I couldn't do much in regards to answering this hypothetical question...
Princess of Nyx (Nix)
Saving the world, One Bishie at a Time

Rank Up! Spammaster Rank C by Himi-chan Sept. 5, 2007
Appointed 'Universal Translator' by Cybses July 22, 2006
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby FOG3 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:20 pm

Yeah, I said as much when I did a review response it. I'd say it's more they just kept going out of their way to do things and have characters that went out of their way to pointlessly gross you out like the cyborgs, than truly the pure gore in many respects though. Elfen Lied or the openning scene of Saving Private Ryan in some respects has more gore, but handles it much better.
Actually I picked it up because I had gotten into Elfen Lied, and figured as I had broken down with that, might as well see the other while as was at it. Of course, the Elfen Lied anime is a high quality production in almost if not all respects while Genocyber isn't.
You didn't miss much. Part two basically just has miss Avatar of Chaos (Elaine) fight an even grosser creation that takes over the mother of all MegaCarriers and assimilates almost the entire crew. Part three starts with Diana basically shutting her down, after she's practically wiped out all life on the planet, before fast forwarding to a city where the peons are apparently not well enough armed to convince those in power to not treat them like cattle and butcher them on a whim. A short Godzilla style rampage around said city later with a big red version before Diana assumes control reverts it to the standard version, takes out this satellite that's the last vestige of technology setup to counter the Genocyber, and crashes it back into Earth where it now look like the Genocyber, cue credits.
FOG3

Return to Anime / Manga