YYH - All demons eat people?

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

YYH - All demons eat people?

Postby FriendlyEL » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:27 pm

On the anime Yu Yu Hakusho, it was implied that Raizen slowly killed himself by refusing to eat humans. Do all demons need to eat people to survive? It was implied when Mukuro found the concept scuicidal that it is clear that Raizen's people weren't the only ones who need to.

Another point that confuses me is if they all do, then that probably means that Yukina probably does occasionally, seeing as to how she seems relatively healthy. Part of me just can't see her doing that, having the close friends that she does that are humans.

Anyone else have something to say on that subject?
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby bissek » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:42 pm

Some demons kill people for food, some demons kill people because they like killing, and some demons kill people because they do things that cause humans to be put in lethal peril as a result and just don't care about the consequences. On the other hand, some demons (such as Yukina) harbor no ill will to anyone unless provoked (And even though Yukina didn't like the people who tortured her for good reason, she still wouldn't let Hiei kill them, which I think is proof enough that she doesn't eat human).

It is known that some demons require human flesh to live. The types that do are probably well known. Given that Spirit World seals any demon who kills a human for any reason - including survival - into limbo for 1000+ years per offense, all of Makai would be slowly starving to death if it was a universal dietary requirement.

Of course, just because most demons don't have to eat people doesn't mean that some of them wouldn't do it anyway given the opportunity.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am

bissek wrote:(And even though Yukina didn't like the people who tortured her for good reason, she still wouldn't let Hiei kill them, which I think is proof enough that she doesn't eat human).

Like I said, that would be... very... out of charachter for her to ever do that.

It is known that some demons require human flesh to live. The types that do are probably well known. Given that Spirit World seals any demon who kills a human for any reason - including survival - into limbo for 1000+ years per offense, all of Makai would be slowly starving to death if it was a universal dietary requirement.

That's absolutely right, except that there still are somehow demons that do it, yet are still on Mekai perfectly free from any such legal action (Raizen's guards come to mind). I'm assuming that either there's some sort of deal with the Spirit world for demons that require it, or most of the ones that do are so powerful that not even the SDF is willing to deal with them (If I remember right, alot of the ones that did require human flesh were either A or S class).

But thanks for filling that out anyways.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby bissek » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:58 pm

Before you lock them up, you have to catch them. A and S rank demons are very hard to catch.

Also, A and S rank demons cannot easily travel between Makai and Ningenkai due to the Kekkai Barrier, so they don't go human hunting often, unless some human finds a way to travel to the Makai.

Lower rank demons, who can pass through the Barrier, are more likely to be in a position to kill humans, more likely to be detected killing humans, and are much easier to catch.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:42 am

Also the high level demons could have some lower level minnions going out to pick up some grub. :D There may also be the possibility of dietary evolution in the higher class demons. Perhaps when they were first born (or whatever) it wasnt a neccessary dietary requirment but is one their body addapted to out of exposure and then later became dependant on. Perhaps the withdrawl is dangerous (if they eat their souls or something other than just the flesh) or their bodies have trouble adjusting to the change in diet.
'The willow knows what the storm does not. The power to endure pain outlives the power to inflict it.' -MtG, Blood of the Martyr
Appointed Spamville Inquisition Deputy by Shadell September 27, 2006.
Appointed Himitsu's Loyal Left Hand Girl October 26, 2006.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Return to Anime / Manga