Would the Lunar video games have made a good anime?

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Would the Lunar video games have made a good anime?

Postby FriendlyEL » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:44 pm

I remember back when I was in my later years of high school I was an obsessive fan of the Lunar series for Playstation (actually, the remake of the Silver Star Story original for Sega Saturn which I have never got to play). As anyone who has played it will tell you, it in some ways is more of an interactive movie than a game. While the gameplay may have been somewhat lacking compared to say, Final Fantasy games or Tales of Legendia, the great thing about it was the animation and overall anime like feel.

Well, apparantly later on I remember seeing a good amount of petitions to the company that made it demanding that it be made into an anime, which never happened. Personally, I actually sighned one of those, while wishing it could happen knowing it probably wouldn't (although, if I'm right didn't the developers of the Lunar series go out of business?). But I'm just wondering if any of you who have played it think it would have made a good anime.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Tovath » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:25 pm

Yes Lunar would make s great anime
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:47 pm

I believe there actually WAS an OVA, based on the Magic School game, though I'm not sure how related to even that, which was an odd offshoot in the first place, it was.

-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:35 am

The only thing I would have been sort of worried about is that unless we were talking about someone similar enough, Ghaleon just wouldn't be the same if it wasn't John Truitt playing him. It just seemed like that voice was exactly what made everyone grow so attatched to the charachter (c'mon, the guy apparantly drank so much milk he got sick just so he could sound like he was coughing blood for a short speech at the end).
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:02 pm

I think it would turn out alot like inuyasha. Lots of filler. Little progress.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby bissek » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:15 pm

Depends on how it was done. I think that a game on how the four Heroes of the first game became heroes should have been done. That might make a good anime. The story of the 2 PS games would make a good anime (I don't know much about the DS game). Of course, the incident in Lunar 2 which GamePro magazine called '97.3% of the reason why this game is a FANTASY' would have to be edited out if you wanted the show to be run on a daytime TV show.

The Lunar OVA was a bomb. I deleted my copy of the fansub after only watching two minutes of it.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:44 pm

bissek wrote: Of course, the incident in Lunar 2 which GamePro magazine called '97.3% of the reason why this game is a FANTASY' would have to be edited out if you wanted the show to be run on a daytime TV show.

Which scene was that? I don't read many gamer's magazines lately.
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:33 am

Are you talking the scene you're given if you bathes when you have a bar of soap in your nventory (I missed it because I waited to late into the game to go there)
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby bissek » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:50 am

I'm talking Lunar 2, not Lunar. And I was referring to the scene when Lucia walks into the men's side of a bath house while naked.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Return to Anime / Manga