Digimon Savers: Good? Bad?

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Digimon Savers: Good? Bad?

Postby ShinigamiKaitou » Tue May 02, 2006 10:09 pm

Many of you remember Digimon 01 and 02...some of you might even have stuck it out for Tamers and Frontier. There's a new Digimon season out! Season 05. It's actually pretty good in my opinion..anyone else seen it? The main character,Daimon Masuru actually fights Digimon..though the others so far have done the "Oh _mon attack...woo I did nothing but that was tough :D"
it's pretty cool though...anyone else have an opinion?
Akatsuki Scouts:
Itachi: SEE! and theres my "Kill your family" badge..and my "screw with your brothers head" badge and my "torture little children" badge...
Kisame: What's that one? the "sharp pointy things" badge?
Itachi: NO! thats "Sewing"! *grins proudly*

Beware I know Amazon Glomp.
ShinigamiKaitou
Senshi Cadet

Postby DCG » Tue May 02, 2006 10:21 pm

Not as good as tamers, but better then frontier.
The had the scary secret origination thing down better in tamer. In this new thing it just makes me laught
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby ShinigamiKaitou » Tue May 02, 2006 10:35 pm

DATS? yeah...good lord the uniforms XD and their digivices look like camera phones
Akatsuki Scouts:
Itachi: SEE! and theres my "Kill your family" badge..and my "screw with your brothers head" badge and my "torture little children" badge...
Kisame: What's that one? the "sharp pointy things" badge?
Itachi: NO! thats "Sewing"! *grins proudly*

Beware I know Amazon Glomp.
ShinigamiKaitou
Senshi Cadet

Postby Atlan » Wed May 03, 2006 12:22 am

oh dear god not another season.
I loved the first season when i saw it. But then again, i was like 12.
The second season was kinda boring.
The third season was the best one. THere was interactivity between the digimon and the humans, the humans actually did something in battles, and they dealt with problems that shold have bothered the digidestines (like getting the bigger digimon to get smaller so they could fit into the house)
Season 4 suked ass. Seriously.
Season 5? First i've heard of it. Cant be any worse than 4 was though.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby DCG » Wed May 03, 2006 12:28 am

You can't beat that card slash shit any way.
Made for great scenes and fights.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Atlan » Wed May 03, 2006 1:06 am

Yeah. In the origional ones it was all:
good guy "big atack! Oh my god you're alive and unhurt!"
bad guy "hahah bigger atack! I rule! You Suck!"
Good guy " I cant win! I'm too weak!"
Human who does nothing but add comentary "you can do it!"
Good guy "I can do it! He said so! Oh look, i just randomly got a new insanly strong form!"
Bad guy "dies painfully"
Tamers had the people DOOING something for once.

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Wed May 03, 2006 2:48 am

First Ive heard of it. I liked Tamers a lot though. Aside from what was already mentioned the darker storyline seemed more mature to me (making the characters as a whole appear the same). Kinda gave it a nice Shin Magami Tensei flavor. The cyberpunk inteligent computer virus didnt hurt things either (kinda like ghost in the shell).Why they dont have the insight to create a game based off of this is beyond me. The digimon world 3 game was kinda close but 4 while good in concept was lacking le grande.
Four had a few good plots and the character building on the villians was nice. They may not have been embelished as much as Id prefer but better than a 2d target who's only distinction from the fodder was lasting longer and having the survival sense to run once in a while. They did decent with the war cause thing too, gave a bit more insight into the motivation of the villians.
Similar level of character development for villians for the win.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Adyen » Wed May 03, 2006 4:57 am

I read about it... and it sounds like Rockman EXE.
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby EdenB » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:27 pm

It's better than Frontier (04) but Tamers (03) was much better. I'm not sure how to compare it to 01 and 02, since I saw those mostly in dubbed form and the subbed movies seemed much better.
Out of curiousity, anyone know what anime Adyen's avatar is from?
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Shadell » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:32 pm

Digimon.... Hmm... I don't know it kind of got old after the first 2 or 3 seasons. Hmm is season 5 the one were the characters actually transform into digimon to fight? That one seemed a little interesting.
As to Adyen's avater I think it is Mai-Hime or Mai-Otome
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby EdenB » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:01 pm

Shadell wrote:Hmm is season 5 the one were the characters actually transform into digimon to fight? That one seemed a little interesting.

Season 4 Digimon Frontier is where the characters actually transform into digimon to fight. The concept is interesting, but the story was a bit boring to me.
Season 5 Digimon Savers is where there's a secret organisation regulating Digimon and using some and their partners to fight rogue ones that come into the real world. I think Tamers pulled off the secret organisation and dark story bit better.
Shadell wrote:Digimon.... Hmm... I don't know it kind of got old after the first 2 or 3 seasons.

Season 2 got old kinda quick, though I liked 3. Season 2 has a lot of good fanfiction though, mixed in the terrible stuff. Some long and some short. If anyone bothers to click those fanfiction links, yes I have a thing for weird non-yaoi pairings. :P
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Adyen » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:09 pm

HiME. It was one of the scenes in the anime, actually. :P
Honestly, I've watched through most of them (1-4) and I thought it was one way to waste time.
When it first came out, I was like, "Oh, Pokemon rip-off." so I sat down and watched it for a bit.
I actually liked the second season a bit more since it built more on the TK+Kari that started in the first.
The third... eh. The build-up was ok, but the secret organization thing was really badly planned. Gilmon was fun. :P
I only saw part of the 4th, and I didn't really like what I saw. They were trying to do something like the 3rd, but dragged it out too long.
I probably won't be watching the 5th.
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shadell » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:58 pm

Hmm... Just out of curiousity did anyone else own one of the origonal digimon toys? You know the ones that predated the TV show by at least a few years.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:37 am

crystlshake wrote:Why they dont have the insight to create a game based off of this is beyond me. The digimon world 3 game was kinda close but 4 while good in concept was lacking le grande.

pst...
The origional Digimon World for PS was _way_ better than any of the sequels. It makes the entire pokemon game series look like the battle and pokemon raising systems were designed by incompetent idiots, and I _like_ the pokemon games, and still play them.
It's sort of like the 3D sonic games in a way. Sonic Adventure ruled, but Sonic Adventure 2 was utterly pathetic, because of the differences in the system mostly, and the games got progressively worse from there.
As for the Digimon TV series, I have nothing to say, besides the fact that I _loved_ the soundtrack to the Digimon Movie, and still have it in my iTunes and play it occasionally. (same with the first pokemon movie) :oops:
Just because I'm over 18 doesn't mean I've got to grow out of good games and music, damnit!
Of course, I can grow more critical of purely money making ventures spun off of beloved products. Or the dieing of series by going on _far_ too long. Pokemon with Ash Ketchum _died_ burried itself, and reanimated itself one too many times, just like they did with Ash. (How many times has he died and been brought back to life now?)
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:17 pm

Why couldnt they make a game of tamers? It would be perfect!
You pick your digimon at the begining. You battle, absorbing data from enimes, that gives you an XP system. You could even have it so that, under some cercimstances, you get fighting moves from the monster as well.
Then you have the card game, as an in game minigame, which lets you earn cards to use in battle to strengthen your monster.
It would work as a pokemon style game, a FF8 style game, or hell even as a Jade Empire/KOTOR style game!

Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Next

Return to Anime / Manga