Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Postby Seraphim » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:22 pm

I'm surprised this hasn't got it's own thread here yet. It is one of the most awesome cartoons out there, after all.

Anywho, discuss away, I'd love to hear your opinions! :D
"No, I'll just sit here like a well behaved ritual sacrifice." - Gary, Good Night Sweetheart

My DevArt
My Aerie of Ramblings
Random Natterings of a Spazz (My Anime/Games/whatever Blog)
Seraphim
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crim Zephi » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:50 pm

ZUKO'S FINALLY SEEN THE LIGHT! HELL YEAH!

Ok now that my inner fanboy has been locked up again I can calm down :D

Did y'all see the day of black sun movie? It was neat to finally see Zuko pull something as bad ass as "Spoiler," seems like Iroh's lessons are paying off.

Now that I think about it, a lot of stuff that everybody was waiting for to happen, happened in the episode.

Ya everyone was awesome in the movie, but Zuko was the best this time around.

On another note do you think Aang will finally start to practice Fire bending? This whole situation they are in now could also explain what's going to happen when Air comes out.

I also can't wait to see what the White Lotus's part in all of this will be.
Last edited by Crim Zephi on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Crim Zephi
Senshi Candidate

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:24 pm

I haven't watched Avatar since around the start of Book Two... or whatever it was called. I ended up just forgetting about it being on, and I had no clue the time it was on.

When I saw the latest previews for episodes, I had to think 'what the fark? Why the hell does Aang have hair o_O?'
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Jupiah » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:53 pm

Avatar is easily one of my favorite cartoons ever. It has a compelling story, the benders use their powers in some really creative ways, and the fight scenes are very well choreographed. My only complaint about the series is that it can be harder to really get into the fights when you realize that after the hundreth battle, no one has EVER been seriously injured, despite the very deadly looking attacks everyone throws at each other. I know it's a kids show, but I think the series would be a lot better if all the violence were taken a bit more seriously. Especially considering the rather dark backstory. I mean, the firebenders completely wiped out the airbenders, and are trying to take over the rest of the tribes. It's like they took a serious, mature story, and tried to force it to be silly and PG. It's kinda inconsistent.
Jupiah
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby antimatterenergy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:57 pm

I haven't watched any of avatar. I don't even know which channel or time block it is on.
"Did you really think sealing me in concrete and burying me in the yard was even going to slow me down?!" Ranma v8p92

My Blog: http://ranmarelated.blogspot.com/
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crim Zephi » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:17 pm

actually the only real injuries we have seen is Zuko's scar and the end of season two when Azula "Spoiler". The thing is that most of the benders we watch fight are strong enough that really nasty injuries are not likely, add to that Katara's water healing trick and its even less likely. It than becomes a war of attrition as to who will slip up first, but I still agree that they should up the violence and the rating so as to allow a little more leg room.

Also add to that, that Suki, if Azula is to be believed, is still alive and in a Fire Nation prison somewhere.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Crim Zephi
Senshi Candidate

Postby Seraphim » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:03 pm

KonokoHasano wrote:I haven't watched Avatar since around the start of Book Two... or whatever it was called. I ended up just forgetting about it being on, and I had no clue the time it was on.

When I saw the latest previews for episodes, I had to think 'what the fark? Why the hell does Aang have hair o_O?'

That's mainly to do with what happened in the finally of Book 2.

antimatterenergy wrote:I haven't watched any of avatar. I don't even know which channel or time block it is on.

I think you can catch episodes of Book 3 on Veoh, but to see Book 1 or 2 you'd have to get the DVDs.

Which I still have to do....

@Crim Zephi: Yeah the Zuko and Ozai thing was 10 kinds of awesome. :D
"No, I'll just sit here like a well behaved ritual sacrifice." - Gary, Good Night Sweetheart

My DevArt
My Aerie of Ramblings
Seraphim
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby whatever » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:46 am

At first some people tell me that Avatar was just a wannabe anime show but thanks to my best friend I start looking at it and discover it was an awesome show with a good story, humor and awesome fighting scenes.

In my opinion I think that even if avatar is a Nickelodeon Kids show it has a darker story that most of the other cartoons(ex: Bloodbender), that makes it interesting but I don't think they will show any kind of blood or fatal injury at least not until the final fight.

Azula and Toph are my favorite characters in the show and I like Zuko's character too specially now that he has finally open his eyes
whatever
Senshi Cadet

Postby Seraphim » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:59 pm

So..... Anybody seen 'The Western Air Temple' yet?

Zuko was so hilarious in that!

Momo hat! XD

My DevArt
My Aerie of Ramblings
Seraphim
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:36 pm

Seraphim wrote:So..... Anybody seen 'The Western Air Temple' yet?

Zuko was so hilarious in that!

I think Zuko's true destiny has been revealed at last. To be Fate's whipping boy, no matter where his allegiances lie.

And Season 3 needs more Iroh damnit!
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Seraphim » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:03 pm

Knight of L-sama wrote:I think Zuko's true destiny has been revealed at last. To be Fate's whipping boy, no matter where his allegiances lie.

And Season 3 needs more Iroh damnit!

Pretty much. :lol:

Indeedy, hopefully he'll be in the next episode.

And Katara was scary as hell wasn't she?

I'm so proud! *sniff*

My DevArt
My Aerie of Ramblings
Seraphim
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby whatever » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:30 am

Yes, Katara was scary in that episode especially when she thread Zuko to death, I couldn't believe it but well she has good reasons to not trust Zuko

Zuko was funny in this episode I felt sorry for him because he was trying to hard to be a good guy.
whatever
Senshi Cadet

Postby whatever » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:07 am

Finally Aang learned to use the firebending, it was funny how Zuko and Aang are working together doing that dance of the dragon after being enemies before.

Katara is acting kinda bitchy with Zuko but I think she has the right to be mad at him after all the thing that he has done to the Gaang.

I really want that Azula appears in the next episodes, must of times she along with Mai and Ty lee give some awesome fighting scenes
whatever
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ariolander » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:17 am

So it is finally over huh? Didn't think they could do it. Was the #1 rated show on Nick and for good reason. A head above any other American cartoon...

I dunno what to think of the ending though. It is certainly an end but I dunno if I should be happy about the epic final battle or sad about the almost cop-out (but fitting) end.
Ariolander - Neko (Mimi) Mode
Anime, Manga,
And Video Games, Haiku
Of My Pastimes
Ariolander
Senshi Candidate

Return to Anime / Manga