Question about Cheeky Angel

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Question about Cheeky Angel

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:23 pm

I only know of this series by bits and pieces seen at TVtropes and wikipedia, but I'm curious: what is the full truth of the trickster Pierrot's "joke" with Megumi? I think I read somewhere that it turns out she was actually a she all along- Pierrot merely tweaked her brain so that she believed she was a boy turned into a girl.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:52 pm

I'll tell you once I find the time to read the manga (I bought all the volumes months ago but have yet to read them).
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Genknight » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:39 pm

yup, your right, she was a girl all along, tomboyish but still a girl.

there is an episode where pierrot fights one of the goons and you can see that he was hallucinating everything.

Pierrot can nudge things a bit tho, probabilities and such (bad luck, good luck, etc...), but altering things drastically like changing sex, thats a big no no.

as for the old geezer dressed as a wizard, he's just that, an old guy with a compulsion to dress like a wizard :P
Genknight
Senshi Candidate

Postby FOG3 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:58 pm

I seem to recall hearing that in one it was "confirmed" while in the other medium left up to interpretation. In manga Pierrot did basically say she'd revert to a boy in a few years as true nature would assert itself, if memory serves, once they cornered him initially. So if he was lying then, you have to debate whether he'd actually be lying later. Further Pierrot is basically an entity of chaos in that he doesn't really follow rules, as the big lug more or less found out the hard way. The "wizard" fits perfectly in with his wish perversion profile.
FOG3

Return to Anime / Manga