Sword of Dawn, Hammer of Twilight (Setting, RP, etc)

Here's where Role Playing, and Multiple Author story threads go. Keep on topic or... in character.... whatever

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Smiling dumbly, Raisho turned towards Darion. "Anything in service to the Crown."
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dorin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:03 am

The man pointed at the lot and snarled. "Hunt down Lord Carley, the one who is behind this. I have no doubt of his involvement. The man has done nothing but challenge authority since he was rewarded his fief. Kill him."
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:15 pm

"What if it wasn't the Lord Carley that was responsible, milord? Would an assassination be prudent if you are wrong?" Raisho glanced at the apparently older man through his blind eyes.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Musouka » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:14 pm

"Some other lord may have set this up knowing Lord Carley would be the first person you would think of, Lord Darion." Saitou studied Darion's face. "If this was done by magic it would be expensive especially since our mages here did not detect it. The mage who cast it would hae to be very powerful. Who has enough gold and power to hire such a powerful wizard?"
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:21 am

"I have to agree with these others, milord," Rikolet waved her hand to indicate Saitou and Raisho. "While we could assassinate Lord Carley for you, if he's not the one behind..recent events, having him killed would be worse than useless."
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Dorin » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:59 am

Darion snorted, turning that contemptous glare full force on those who remained in his hall. Pallen was impassive as ever, reguarding the whole scene with his usual disdain and distance; ever the scholar, observing things from beneath the lense. The Steward began to make wild gesticulations, arms rolling in and out.

"Then go find your proof first, then kill him! He's the one, no doubt of it, but if you can't believe my words, investigate his lands. Find traces of the rebellion he's been building for years. Then you'll see! You'll see!"

Now he was raving as a madman, spittle flying as he hollered his rage. Pallen rolled his eyes and in complete defiance of the guards, who's hands were tightening on their weapons in reply to their lord's darkening mood, tossed something from his robes. It struck Darion full in the head and knocked him to his knees.

A small stone, rounded and thin, returned to the churgeon's hand. "I believe the Steward requires rest. Now, while you are senseless, and not sounding a blithering idiot, let's get you into bed. A nice herbal cocktail will have you resting quite nicely."

The guards were shocked into immobility. Such a sudden attack, they would have killed, but...one glance from Pallen locked even the stoutest man in place.
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Postby camk4evr » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:43 am

Rikolet brought her wine glass to her lips for another sip (it was a rather delightful vintage and she didn't want it to go to waste so she never put her glass down). "My my, it seems our little would-be king has become unhinged," she whispered, with some amusement, to the blind(?) monk before taking a sip.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Musouka » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:30 am

"Some would say he has lost his marbles a long time ago." Saitou answered with a grin overhearing Rivolet's comment.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:54 am

Rikolet nodded. "I never said when it occurred. Though, at guess, I'd say it was sometime around birth," she said with a smile.

Placing her, now empty, wine glass on the she said, in a slightly more serious tone, "Now what she we do about this 'quest' he has charged us with? Personally, I'm more than a little inclined to ignore his ravings, especially as I have no desire to become an assassin."
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Musouka » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:13 am

"Well, he basically gave us permission to "investigate" just about anyone. You have someone you'd like to investigate?" Saitou asked.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:11 pm

Raisho tapped the table in contemplation. "On the one hand, investigation could lead to a few things, such as finding out there actually is a plot to prevent Darion from gaining the throne, on the other, we could find out something of the True Heir, and do we really want information such as that to get back to that man?"

Raisho continued staring at the throne with the sword imbedded in it, his covered eyes giving nothing away.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Shadell » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:01 am

Tavi did his best to shrug disinterestedly; but, he was fighting back a smirk.

"Unfortunately I have rather important research in the city and would be unable to leave."

Tavi sighed again, demonstrating that acting was clearly not amongst his best skills.

"But, I wouldn't want to defy imperial edict, or whatever passes for it these days, so I'll send an apprentice of mine instead. He's unusual in that he possesses some small measure of talent.

He's a smallish teenager by the name of Erik. I'll send him to meet you whenever it is you're leaving the city. You shouldn't have any trouble finding him, purple hair is quite garish and easy to spot."

Tavi hesitated for a moment before turning to Raisho.

"Would you mind if I were to lay a small cantrip on you? Nothing major, just a marker that would allow him to find you easily."
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Musouka » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:31 am

"If there IS a plot would you report it or would you join it?" Saitou wondered, "With the current state of affairs, would someone else do a better job than Darion? At least until the new heir can be found. We can use this investigation to seek out the true heir and return the crown to its' rightful owner."
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dorin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:38 am

A cough sounded through the hall, interupting discussion quite suddenly. An unusual thing at that, as the room had been completely deserted save those guests which had remained behind upon the expulsion of everyone else. The lot of them (you) were alone, or had been up to ten second ago. A figure strode quietly through the middle of the room without a care in the world. As if having been present the entire time.

A woman a crimson dress that seemed almost to bleed, truly astounding effect; a very minor enchancement, which still visually impressive. The cloth seemed of spun silk, wrapped about the woman's frame to the point movement should have been difficult at best. Yet, she moved without a hint of strain or stumble. Hair spun up and secured in a bun.

Striding to the throne, she inspected the sword quietly, "Hmm, very impessive work. I never would have guessed the late king possessed such strength of will. Or...perhaps the strength of all the kings of old, who can be sure?"

She turned to reguard the party quietly, arching her brow. Her hair and eyes the same deep chestnut color, more a living color than even the finest woodcraft.

"You will all go, investigate as instructed, but take no lives."

Who was she to speak in such a manner?

"I am Del'hia, High Wizard of the White Tower, and Mouth of the Conclave."

Oh, was that all?

The woman spoke words that were portents of doom. Frightening things to flow from her lips, not only her affiliation, but her position itself. The Conclave, a cabal of mages steeped in more myth and rumor than actual fact. Their numbers, agenda, even membership was completely unknown. They could be a dozen or so powerful archmages with an interest in politics, or hundreds of people from greater to lesser power with hands in every possible facet of daily life. Their purposes were never clear, and whatever ends they served, it always was part of some deeper plot known only to themselves.

And the one ruling fact of all. When the Conclave proposed a mission, it spelled incredible danger for the lives of those involved.

However, the group was, in theory, more powerful than any army or lord in the entire world. Not because of their completely unknown strengths; but their trade. The one thing which gave them power over any being they wished.

The Conclave dealt in the most powerful of all commodities, information. If there was a devestating secret to be had, the Conclave would most likely know it. Blackmail, against or for, was a common inducement to get compliance. One never knew what they knew.

One thing of the organization was always clear, the so called "Mouth" the only visible portion of the entire group. Relaying the decisions of, possibly, the entire group, or simply a self-appointed leader of some guild if spies and shadows, who was to know.

This Del'hia was living flame, beautiful and capable of inflicting great harm on a touch.

That she was High Wizard, a lessor factor than the first, but no less dangerous. The White Tower was the formal wizard college in Mesair. It's High Wizard was both a guild head, and a powerful spellcaster outright. With deep pockets, and great resources to call upon if need be, most of which was readily known to others.

"I caution you, the words I now speak are enspelled, they will be locked in your minds. They will never come forth if you try to repeat them, should you try and force the issue, your tongue will burn to ash. Should someone try and take them from your mind, your heart will explode and render you dead. Those of you with knowledge of mage-craft know this to be true." She cast a gaze as those educated lot who knew very well she spoke truth. "The heir does indeed live. I was one of the witnesses to his birth. I ask you to seek information of him, and keep it from Darion, whatever you do.

"The man's regieme must past, and the restoration of the house of Sillis Kathar, progenitor of the current line of kings come to pass. Only a direct of decendent of Trema deserves to sit on that throne, and only the heir can do that. Will you, do this?"
Dorin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Musouka » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:59 am

"That Darion's regime must end I agree. I'm in." Saitou answered.

"Will you aid us on this quest?" he looked at the others, "I don't speak for the others but while I would not expect you personally to join us it would be helpful if the Conclave could provide us with information to help us along."
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to RPG's & Multiple Author Works