Cany ayone suggest a training routine?

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Cany ayone suggest a training routine?

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:32 pm

In an upcoming chapter of one of my fanfics, I was planning on having Shampoo leave Nerima to train herself in the Bakusai Tenketsu. However, for various reasons, the plot basically requires her to go out and train on her own. The problem is that, in canon, the Bakusai Tenketsu training requires a person to watch over the trainee- to hoist them into the air, to help them down when they finish a day's session, etc. I was wondering if anyone could suggest how a "do it yourself"/"lone wolf" variant of the training might work?
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby antimatterenergy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:39 pm

If you really don't want to use two people than use a system of pulleys and ropes or alternatively have the trainee run fast into walls poking at them.
"Did you really think sealing me in concrete and burying me in the yard was even going to slow me down?!" Ranma v8p92

My Blog: http://ranmarelated.blogspot.com/
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Terra Hitarumonwa » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:44 pm

Or jumping out of trees onto boulders with the finger outstretched...

Or perhaps throwing the boulder into the air and letting it fall on you. Get some strength training in as well as resistance and Tenketsu training.

Seems like they might be the same speed and pain level. Though I don't know if anyone would be too likely to survive those besides Ryouga...

Also, who says that that's the only way to train for it? Maybe Cologne did that because it'd be the fastest way for Ryouga to learn it. There could be other ways.

Did they show the training scroll in canon? I don't remember.
Terra Hitarumonwa
Senshi Cadet

Re: Cany ayone suggest a training routine?

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:52 pm

SpaceKnight of Chaos wrote:In an upcoming chapter of one of my fanfics, I was planning on having Shampoo leave Nerima to train herself in the Bakusai Tenketsu. However, for various reasons, the plot basically requires her to go out and train on her own. The problem is that, in canon, the Bakusai Tenketsu training requires a person to watch over the trainee- to hoist them into the air, to help them down when they finish a day's session, etc. I was wondering if anyone could suggest how a "do it yourself"/"lone wolf" variant of the training might work?

Depends on what you want from the training: the toughness, or the poke-and-boom.

The toughness part can be handled a variety of ways -- everything from running into walls, jumping off cliffs, to good old-fashioned brawling. The poke-and-boom has to come later once the toughness has been established, and by then Shampoo can just poke inanimate objects.

Or shampoo can just start out small--finding weak points in less hazardous materials/smaller objects and building a resistance to the shrapnel from there.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:00 pm

I can just see Shampoo complaining and rubbing her bruised chest saying "How Hibbachan expect to learn when hurt chest so." And having to do something to toughen up more sensitive areas before being able to concentrate on the larger rocks.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:18 pm

I have the mental picture of her lifting a boulder above her head, jumping off a cliff, and getting sandwiched inbetween the two.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Fic Research