Escaflowne mecha

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Escaflowne mecha

Postby Tentai21 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Whoops posted it on the wrong section just now.

Just been thinking of a story that was a mix using; ranma, rune soldier louie, diablo, sailor moon.
with a few others like tenchi muyo and i thought about putting mecha in that would fit the fantasy type setting.
Plus similar in some way to a warcraft setting with mecha if you think about it some with whats happeningin warcraft.
Thats were i thought of the mecha in escaflowne but i can't find much on the types of mecha used and such in escaflowne, only thing i know is that they use for a power source in the mecha is the poewr crystal taken from dragon like beings.
Also the mechas from the enemy country use a liquid metal for multi-type close combat and long ranged attack weapons.

Ao if anyone has more information on teh escaflowne mecha's or where i can read up on it could you put it up please :)

Thanks.
“That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die.”

eternity is within the moments the seconds, grasp those seconds and that moment will last for an eternity.
Tentai21
Senshi Candidate

Re: Escaflowne mecha

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:46 pm

It's not much but maybe the information on this page can help. If nothing else knowing that they are Guymelefs might help.

The power sources are Energists most Energists are effectively dead recovered from the bodies of dragons that had already died. One taking from a living dragon (In this case land dragon) is called a Drag Energist. Near as I can tell they are the hearts of the dragons. Although that might be more true in a metaphysical than physical sense.

Edit: AnotherPlace with some more minor information.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Tentai21 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:22 pm

thanks for that its been a while since i watched escaflowne.

that and for the crystals i couldn't remember what they were called only that they came from dragons.
though i wonder if the dragon energist is more powerful from living dragons than from dead ones?

though i noticed that on the page which did give more info than what i had found with the liquid metal didn't say much on the fact the Zaibach guymelefs could fly from what i could remember, from memory they seem to jump into the air and close the legs to form one big leg and then float and fly like that.

not sure if the cloak they wear help with the cloaking ability?

thats on the first site you gave i'll go check out the other one now and thanks :wink:
“That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die.”

eternity is within the moments the seconds, grasp those seconds and that moment will last for an eternity.
Tentai21
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:39 pm

You're welcome. And as far as the cloak goes you could more or less consider it the medium for the stealth ability. Remember when they poke weapons out before firing to avoid damaging it. Without the cloak wrapped around they don't stay cloaked.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research