List of Immortal Anime Characters

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

List of Immortal Anime Characters

Postby Shanami » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Well, I'm writing a new fic that I put the outline up for already to get idea advice, but I've already gotten stuck writing a scene.

I'm completely blanking on immortal (or relatively long lived) and attractive anime (or video game) characters that don't either come from Sailor Moon or Tenchi Muyo with the caveat that they are *NOT* from the A!MG universe, and the only male really in SM that isn't evil is Mamoru and he's a wimp. I was considering using Ceras Victoria, but I need a couple more males before I'd add in a female vamp, and Alucard is just creepy.

I've used the ones I know, but I really wanted to make the list a little longer. And for the purposes of my fic, the character cannot come from A!MG, it just wouldn't work. Basically, Urd is trying to set up Skuld with a potential lover, and I don't want to consider a god/goddess, eventually she lands on Ranma, who for some inexplicable reasons, became immortal after killing Saffron, but I want to extend the scene where Urd considers different prospects.

What I need to know: name, series, gender, and maybe a quick little bio, but I can look that up easily enough on wikipedia. I really need a few more options of both male and female to make my fic work. So far I've decided to go with Tenchi, Ryoko and Ami.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Re: List of Immortal Anime Characters

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:24 pm

TVtropes has examples of immortality from anime (and non-anime).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Immortality
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Hmmm... immortal or Long lived.... and not of Oh My Goddess...

- Lafiel from Crest/Banner of the Stars

- Atsuko Natsume (Nuku Nuku) from All Purpose Catgirl Nuku Nuku

- Ifurita from El Hazard

- Alucard & Ceres from Hellsing

- All GOTT members from Kiddy Grade

- Protodevilin (like Sivil) from Macross 7

- Deedlit and Pirotess from Record of the Lodoss Wars

- Anthy From Revolutionary Girl Utena

- Yuzuha / Seto / Yosho / Washu / Tokimi / Tsunami from Tenchi Muyo

- Forget the names, but main girls from This Ugly Yet Beautiful World

- The Assistent from Jagyu Jubei in Jubei Chan

- Setsuna Meiu from Sailor Moon

- Lillith and Eve from Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito

- Happosai and Cologne from Ranma 1/2

- Kakuzawa from Elfen Lied

- Q / Drowd (sp) from Star Trek

- Shana from Shakugan no Shana

- All the Shikabane Hime from series by that name.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Hrm... Maybe the queen of the magic realm (which basically makes her a goddess), from Gokudo-kun manyuki (just "Gokudo" for the English release of the anime). She usually appears as an old hag, but her true form is attractive and she has taken on at least two other attractive forms. Well, three, if you're into humanoid tigers. ;p She likes to mess around and meddle in people's affairs. Well, Gokudo's, at least.

I suppose Lapis from Detatoko princess would be long-lived, since she looks like an elf. Plus, she has a loyal retainer that literally can't die, no matter if he's turned into a pin-cushion by arrows or if he has his head cleaved by an axe. He's often used as a shield. XD

Xellos, from Slayers?

Mito, from Space Pirate Mito, is of a long-lived race (if I remember correctly, she's already lived a couple of tens of thousands of years). Though she usually looks like a young girl, she has to wear a special body suit (literally) to appear like an adult. She has a son-turned-daughter that's half her race and half human, but whether she's attractive is hard to say with the quality of the anime... which is atrocious, to say the least. ^^;
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Thanks guys, that should give me enough to work with. I can't believe I didn't think of Xellos or any of the androids.
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:24 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:- Lafiel from Crest/Banner of the Stars

Lafiel's (potential) longevity isn't really abnormal for Abh, so you really can't list just her and they're lifespans run to only about double ordinary humans given the settings medical technology.

PCHeintz72 wrote:- Shana from Shakugan no Shana

Again, not a unique character. All the Flame Hazes and Tomogara (Plus Yuuji and Johann, though they're odd cases) are potentially immortal. If I'm remembering correctly its stated (or at least implied) that Khamsin and Behemoth have been partnered for thousands of years.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 am

Lafiel's (potential) longevity isn't really abnormal for Abh, so you really can't list just her and they're lifespans run to only about double ordinary humans given the settings medical technology.
Again, not a unique character. All the Flame Hazes and Tomogara (Plus Yuuji and Johann, though they're odd cases) are potentially immortal. If I'm remembering correctly its stated (or at least implied) that Khamsin and Behemoth have been partnered for thousands of years.

Huh... I was going by human standards... in any case, where then do you draw the line?

Alucard and Ceres is not long by vampire standards... Nuku Nuku not long by cyborg standards... Belldandy and Urd is not long by goddess standards... etc...

In any case... if they do not meet the needs, anyone can feel free to simply drop them from the list.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:01 am

I was hoping to find characters that were long lived enough that Urd wouldn't feel too bad about setting Skuld up with one, and I was thinking long-lived would be a requirement for a potential beau to the goddess of the future.

A couple hundred years at least of still being attractive (which rules out the old ghoul and old pervert) should do the trick. I think Ifruita, Celes and maybe Kimihiro Watanuki from xxxHolic will fill out the list quite nicely. Xellos would be quite fun as well, I totally forgot about mazoku. I'm rewatching Slayers, and can't wait for him to finally join the cast. Yay for annoying fruitcakes.

Just wanted some people for Urd to consider and then drop before deciding that Skuld needs an aquatranssexual in her life.
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:10 am

I don't know if having a single OVA can make them anime characters, but In 'Touhou' games, there are quite a few long lived characters and one immortal ( can't die and will regenerate any wound ). The immortal's name is Fujiwara Mokou. If you want to see how she looks like, look at my avatar.
Last edited by Kilich on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby bissek » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:17 pm

C.C., from Code Geass. While she can technically be killed, she will make a full recovery from anything you can do to her. Over the course of the 400+ years she has been alive, she's been shot, burned at the stake, and been sunk to the bottom of the sea and crushed by the water pressure. At the end of the series she is still alive. The one thing she wants more than anything is to find someone to pass her immortality onto, so she can die for keeps.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Battlekrome » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:32 am

hrmm couple chars that are technically immortal
or really old

Astro boy comes to mind

Lime, Cherry, BloodBerry from Saber Marionette J

Manji from Blade of the Immortal

long lived

Gally/Alita from Gunm / Battle Angel
Through the sands of time I walk. Beyond time and space i call to those who awaken to the darkness and realize they are the light.
Battlekrome
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:28 am

Vash the Stampede from Trigun
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Kilich » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:05 am

I'll add another character. Nono from Die buster never ages and is nigh invincible.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 pm

duncan mcloud of the clan mcloud, methoes, amada, all from highlander
the doctor from the doctor who
wolverine from xman
the doctor from the wild card book series.
any god from a different part of the hevens
doug "loony tunes" from the fanfiction drunkards walk
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:46 pm

ckosacranoid wrote:duncan mcloud of the clan mcloud, methoes, amada, all from highlander
the doctor from the doctor who
wolverine from xman
the doctor from the wild card book series.
any god from a different part of the hevens
doug "loony tunes" from the fanfiction drunkards walk

Some of those would not count for the original request and topic title... they are not anime characters...

Unless there is a Doctor Who anime besides the unaired aborted one in the 1980's...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Fic Research