Magical artifacts in Ranma

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Magical artifacts in Ranma

Postby acerabus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:00 pm

Does anyone give me a list of the magical artifacts or items in Ranma.

I can remember a few
The nanban mirror
The manganmaru
The cloning mirror (Can't remember name)
The chisution
The kaisufuu
The Gekaija
The Kenjaken
acerabus
Senshi Cadet

Re: Magical artifacts in Ranma

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:51 pm

To those, and you may need to work on your spelling, I can add, off the top of my head...
Dragon's Whisker (makes men's hair grow very quickly, curing baldness and causing men with hair to lose it)
Phoenix Pill (medicine that undoes the effects of the Full Body Cat's Tongue pressure point)
Battle Dogi (magical living outfit that likes stealing underwear and will only let itself be worn by a girl who fits its sense of aesthetics, which gives the wearer incredible martial arts skills: Akane wonders if this is her "true potential" come out, but it seems to just be a basic power up)
Super Soba (boil these noodles and ingest for a strength boost - it doesn't know if this stacks with inherent strength or just raises to a certain level - side effect is the sprouting of cat-like whiskers)
Great Dance of the Dragon Tape (whoever hears this tape's music is compelled to dance until they can't hear it)
Love Pill Bracelet (swallowing the "gems" on this bracelet causes the ingester to fall in love with someone of the opposite sex the moment they make eye contact with them - the light blue lasts an instant, the blue lasts a day, and the dark blue a lifetime)
Red Thread of Fate (tie a boy and a girl's pinky fingers with this string and they'll fall in love with each other - five hours after this is done, the thread will vanish, and if still on their fingers, it'll be permanent)
Reversal Jewel (placed on somebody upside town, it turns their feelings of love to hate; placed rightside up, it "strengthens love", most likely by converting hate to love)
Mushrooms of Love (whoever eats these mushrooms falls in love; if they aren't dosed with some of the local "mushroom god" within a few hours, they fall in love permanently)
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 pm

I do not remember the Mushrooms of Love being part of any Manga or Anime episode. although there is a Mushroom that can make someone susceptible to suggestions acting them out on command sounds.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:29 pm

The magnets which Happosai and Ranma swallowed.

De-aging mushrooms.

Various artifacts used by Ranma against Mousse (fire breathing pacifier, etc), plus the mask artifact that Mpusse himself used.

Waterproof soap.

Poison repelling shield, poison cutting sword, and firebreathing staff.

Paper dolls (the ones Gosunkugi bought).

"memory metal" (metal which reacts to heat; Cologne had what looked like a bondage suit made out of it and was also in the Kuno crocodile belt).

wish granting sword

seals and boxes (in the arc where Kasumi was possessed, the demon was kept in a sealed box)

living dolls (the one Ranma put back together ass-backwards and possessed Akane)
Last edited by mondu_the_fat on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:37 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I do not remember the Mushrooms of Love being part of any Manga or Anime episode. although there is a Mushroom that can make someone susceptible to suggestions acting them out on command sounds.

Season 7: "Let's all go to the mushroom temple!"

Koi Rod of Love: catch somebody with this and they'll fall in love with you until you catch them with it again. This can even overwrite a person's natural personality, as seen by how it made Ranma not only madly in love with Ryoga, but as psychotically jealous as any of his own fiancees and suicidally devoted, as proven when s/he was willing to let Ryoga murder her/him if that would make him happy.

Horned Mongoose Whistle: sends the Orochi of Ryugenzawa back to sleep.

Hypnotic Paper Dolls: write a command on one, place them on a person's back, and they must obey that command until it's either completed or it gets taken off.

Kirahashi Mushroom: renders the eater open to a hypnotic suggestion.

SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:36 pm

There is actually a composite list (I believe comprehensive) of the items used and which canon they are from here.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:09 am

There are at least 9 things already mentioned in this thread not listed...
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby three headed dog » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:12 am

Incomplete list I had posted on this forum before [though some maybe better classified as chemical (explosives and powders), technological (Gosunkugi armor or principal kunos jetpack), or spiritual (cursed doll, cloning mirror, spirit wards basically everything shown to be powered by spirits)]:

noodle of strength - that allowed you to eat incredibly bad stuff without getting sick

horn whistle - used to put the orachi to sleep

water of life - temporarily cured wounds and other illnesses as well as making Akane's food taste good

Moss of life - permanently cures wounds and other illnesses

instant junsenkyo spring water - temporary curse

phoenix pill - makes one heat resistant

jelly fish bathing suit - bathing suit made from jelly fish that swims for you

cursed bathing suit - tried to drag ranma to the bottom of the ocean

cursed spatula - is really an iron

fishing pole of love - makes one fall in love with some one else

love pills - depending on the pill, you fall in love with the person for a set amount of time a moment, a day, or forever

cloning mirror - made a clone of ranma

mirror compact - some type of warped space you can go in or trap others in

Nabian mirror - Time travel (anime only)

phoenix peoples imprinting eggs - makes people into willing slaves

invincibility glasses - makes everyone who looks at them apologetic

curse locking ladle - used by herb locks you in your cursed form

hot water kettle - unlocks cursed form that was locked by the ladle

mushrooms of aging - turns you the age of the mushrooms height

water proof soap - makes it so a cursed person will temporarily not change forms in water

Kuno had some type of glowing magical bokken in an episode of the anime

umbrella of love - makes you fall in love with the person under the umbrella with you

hypnotic mushrooms - used by Shampoo on Ranma

suggestion incense - used by Ranma to make Ryoga hug anyone who said pig and used on Happosai as part of a plan to get him to change Taro's name

woman repellent - Ranma tried to use on Happosai but backfired

super soba noodles - makes person really strong - whiskers are a side-effect

Hanten houju "turn-around jewel" - turns love into hate and vise versa depending on whether it is a happy face or a sad face

Electric ring - Ranma used on mouse made the crowd think Ranma learned how to generate lightning

a pacifier that blew fire

a shield that wards off poison

self-willed poison-detecting sword.

A dragon-headed cane that breathes fire.

A fan that when waved, causes a gale force wind.

a large bell that summoned the ghost cat

a wishing sword that granted three wishes that Kuno wasted

dragon whiskers - causes bald men to grow hair but if taken by a male with hair causes uncontrollable hair growth

paper dolls - when put on someones back forces the person to do what is written on the paper doll

Sakura mochi that tell if you are destined to be with the person that ate them (though possible only tells if you are compatible with that person)

Mandragora - plant with poisonous human form roots that scream when uprooted. Those who hear the scream collapse to die in agony.

really fast growing plants used by Pink and Link

a mind control flower used by Pink and Link to make the person very feminine

red string of fate - anime only tie one end of the string to one person and the other end to another and it causes them to fall in love

spirit wards - used to trap Happosai for multiple years, used on the oni and in the anime used to put a barrier shield (capable of stopping people as well as spirits) around the Tendo house

a demon detecting plant that would spit beans at people

fire and ice staffs used during Saffron battle

spring sleep incense - makes one sleep until spring used by Happosai on Akane

cursed panties - in anime but don't remember what they did

angry hair growth potion - failed experiment of Cologne's you would grow hair when angry but it would fall out if you where happy

Some type of clothing that would react to battle aura - Cologne gave to Ranma while learning the Hiryu Shoten Ha

rejuvenation potion - made by Happosai to make you younger - required Ranma's tears

battle dogi - perverted battle suit that would increase wearers skill

phoenix egg and phoenix feed - some really ugly bird that would hatch if placed on someones head the food would accelerate it's growth.

memory suppressing shampoo used by Shampoo on Akane and the shampoo that counteracted this one

Cursed doll - possessed doll that changed places with Akane

Cursed painting - paintings made with cursed/magic paints panda spirit came out and went on a date with Ranma (previous paintings had killed the people who painted them)

Master Student Pill- pill which stuck Happosai to Ranma

Jet pack - used by Principal kuno
Battle armor - used by Gosunkugi
Kodachi's paralysis powders
multiple characters use explosives
kodachi's electrical items such as stun baton, collar made of memory metal that gave shocks, electrical traps, razor sharp hoops,
Last edited by three headed dog on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:27 am

Uh, doesn't the Noodle of Strength merely give the user the "strength of 100 men's stomachs" or "the strength to eat 100 men's shares"? Basically, it lets you eat more food, not making you immune to bad tasting food?

Phoenix Pill undoes the Full Body Cat's Tongue; it doesn't have any other effect on your heat resistance.

Kuno's magic bokken was a bokto that belonged to Miyamoto Musashi, and it gave Kuno Miyamoto's fighting skills - while also filling him with rage and anger.

Where are the fire-breathing cane and gale wind fan from?

There were no cursed panties in the anime - there was a cursed bra that belonged to a jealous sorceress and which would latch onto the head of any man who touched it, so that he couldn't look at other women, as well as alerting her ghost. She removed it from Happosai because she found him hideously ugly.

With the Cursed Paintings, I think that both canons have the artist note that his relatives who died did so when they finished painting those portraits... at extreme ages. Like, in their 90s. It certainly happens in the anime, which also has the spider-head and the oni warrior come out as giant versions of themselves.

SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:34 am

Would the Ashura statue and the statue that dated Mousse count?

Insta growth phenonix feed
Last edited by mondu_the_fat on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby three headed dog » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 am

Noodle of strength gave you a strong stomach ("strength of 100 men's stomachs") which I took to mean that you could eat a lot more or bad stuff and be okay. Food would still taste bad but it wouldn't make you sick.

Phoenix pill was used to counter the pressure point. My view is that it did so by increasing tolerance to heat.

fire-breathing cane (actually more of a staff) and gale wind fan were in the Pink and Link story line

extreme ages. Like, in their 90s.
that's only the anime version. In the manga version their ages are not given and it is implied that the paintings are what killed them that was why they are warded with spirit wards - to prevent them from escaping and killing.

magical panties probably meant bra but listed the wrong undergarment (forgotten the actual garment but remembered one of them had been there).

Ashura was not a statue.

Jizo statue I guess counts as an item (though it's spiritually powered not magically).
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 am

the "Cursed" Bra was more like possessed. The spirit would react to people and I remember something about making wrap around someones head in an attempt to make it so they would never look upon another woman than that of the spirit?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research