Densenken-Lightning of a Thousand Fists.

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Re: Densenken-Lightning of a Thousand Fists.

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:14 pm

The results are as varied as the materials you can use to build buildings. Anywhere from no reaction to pulling the building around. And if there's a frequency to it you could even heat some structures with magnetic fields. But try it on a classic construction Pagoda (Held together with pegs, glue and wooden joinery) nothing will happen.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:43 am

I would point out there's the issue of mass to contend with. Most buildings that use a lot of steel (either steel frame or steel-re-enforced concrete) tend to be... large. A small object generating a magnetic field is going to be pulled towards the building rather than pulling the building towards it.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:44 pm

If you have a powerful enough magnet, you can levitate things like acorns, grasshoppers, and frogs. (I've seen the videos. Small frogs.) They haven't made magnets that powerful that can handle larger things. So if it were a very small building you might have luck. And MRI scanners are powerful magnets -- there better not be any iron in the room, or nearby rooms.

The best way for a large magnet to affect a building? Drop it on the building.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Fic Research