Potential Hideout locations?

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Potential Hideout locations?

Postby Metroidvania » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:37 am

Terrabull brought up an excellent point I've been considering....
What resources are available to Ranma/ M9 still? Would M9 have left any 'back-up' in case her main plan failed? Maybe a 2nd or 3rd base that could be used to launch any plots? Not that I think any would be with this.. Can Ranma/ M9 create/ summon creatures to control if they wanted to? Not to conquer, but to 'spar' against?

I have considered having Ranma/9-chan having another base, since Tomoe's basement is essentially scrapped.....
I have a couple of different vague ideas, but could anyone else point out any potential hideouts, while keeping in within the Ranma or SM verses?
I was maybe thinking the place where Orochi is....(the name escapes me at the moment), but any other possibilities?
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Alathon » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:27 am

Simplest one would be a hotel room or apartment on a different continent. This would be well within her means, as it'd cost her nothing more than mugging a couple pimps or other lowlifes. This is assuming she possess the fairly stock SM villain ability to teleport without error, through shadow walking or some other means.
If she can exist in a vaccuum (common theme in SM), it'd be both convenient and ironic to be based out of one of the supposedly still in existance planetary castles. Hell, if she was trying to find Sailor Pluto, she could be living on Pluto after striking out, in hopes of catching her in the future.
If for some reason she does't have the means to have decent digs, she could be living in the boiler room in Juuban High. This could make for a highly amusing scene.
Alathon
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby DCG » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:44 am

Ranma could easly smack the crap out of a couple idoits in some pit fights to get a load of money, that would take care of any common problems.
As for a base? Why don't she buy out an icecream stand and build under it :P
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby TerraBull » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:17 pm

*laugh* If it was a crossover bit, I would say she tries to launch a takeover of Shadoloo? or any of the other 'Evil' things, but I think as M9, she could go basically anywhere on the planet, or system, *LOL* What remains of Queen Beryl's old castle seems to be a popular choice, just to maybe run into Jadeite, either revived or trapped still, and making him a minion. >;p
But locally in Japan, I would think there would be a few places forgotten by most, maybe a Haunted Castle from a earlier time period or old military base burried beneath the surface? America has enough of those that has been 'Decomissioned'.
I would proabably go for a Ice Cream place, *LOL* Under the Crown Arcade would be *TOO* cliche.
Subways, Sewers, Warehouse? *GASP!* Start/ take over his/ her own fight club/ betting ring and takes over the Yakuza?
There could be a lot of places available if Ranma/ M9 has access to all of their combined memories, Where did the Baka Panda take his child to train? If any of those places were supernatural in any way, M9 might be able to take them over, possibly even get a few 'power-up's' if items were left over, such as if taking over Beryl's old place, her Crystal? Could it be repaired?
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby WG_Writer » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:39 pm

This is ranma, so he/M9 could just hide out at Random Dojo/shrine he visited during the 10 years... or Crash with Random fiancee who droped the claim because the fathers now hope they will fall in love etc... would be an interesting twist...
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby TerraBull » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:21 pm

That lets out any of the Senshi, hmm.. The Forest where the Orochi is? Any powers to be gained from that? Even the spring where the Doll is?
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby DCG » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:14 pm

To bad this isn't a tenchi cross as well.
I would love to see ranma/9chan drop in on her old buddy tenchi.
And really, a Ace marital artist/Demon soul would fit right in.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Metroidvania » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:34 pm

DCG wrote:To bad this isn't a tenchi cross as well.
I would love to see ranma/9chan drop in on her old buddy tenchi.
And really, a Ace marital artist/Demon soul would fit right in.

Yes, but I'd rather leave Tenchi out of this one.....Ranma and him are rather similar in aspects, but either Tenchi fighting for or against Ranma wouldn't really go with what I'm thinking for this fic.
Maybe my......oops, better leave that out.
As for the other ideas, thanks everyone.... if I do use an idea here, I'll be sure to give you credit.
Last edited by Metroidvania on Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:57 pm

That ice cream parlor idea would be cool. It has some throwback flavor of some of the early 'energy extraction' missions that Beryl's minions used. Be kind of neat if in passing thrue the Crown or something they overhear about missing ice cream inventory. Hide right under their noses and lay low in style. With sprinkles.
'The willow knows what the storm does not. The power to endure pain outlives the power to inflict it.' -MtG, Blood of the Martyr
Appointed Spamville Inquisition Deputy by Shadell September 27, 2006.
Appointed Himitsu's Loyal Left Hand Girl October 26, 2006.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby TerraBull » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:18 am

If it is the Crown, I was wondering if one of the Senshi would comment.
"Come on.. Things like this were not That obvious in the old days and we still missed all of the clues?"
Moon: "No time now! Transform! We must save the Ice cream before it is too late!"
Moon: "In the name of eating all of my favorite flavors! I will PUNISH YOU!"
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shadow Wolf » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:39 am

You could also use Nephrite's Cathedral - as far as I know, the Senshi never did learn where it was, and it may still well be abandoned and therefore available.
Shadow Wolf
Senshi Candidate

Postby EdenB » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:46 am

The Crown idea would be amusing. With Ranma's disguises which somehow never seem to be seen through easily you could have him eating ice cream right next to the Senshi too while they're talking about him.
You could just have him set up camp somewhere, he'd be used to it after so many years training and it'd keep him on the move and hard to trace. Possibly somewhere near the Outer's house for spying and/or amusement purposes.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby weaponx9 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:05 pm

you could have him/her (whatever) set up a resturant like his fiancees did and work out of there (glamoured) and maybe even hire one of the senshi to help out (makoto), of course if you want to keep with some ranma humour you could have ranma pretend to be a fiance of one of the senshi (hotaru by her father, after reading the last chapter he would proably have to use a powerful glamour if he did this.)
~Weaponx9
weaponx9
Senshi Candidate

Postby WG_Writer » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:33 pm

Caution to the wind... Phoenix Mountain, I bet the phoenix would whine, but I doubt they would fight too hard: Sorry person who killed our King with god like powers, we have to try and kill you, even though you have much more power.
Perhaps the Musk... I am sure Herb would do it, he owes Ranma a life debt, and it would piss off the amazons.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby antimatterenergy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:09 pm

Use of Junsenkyo waters and live as a pet or around the senshi's houses.
Be like Beryl and stage attacks from a different dimension.
"Did you really think sealing me in concrete and burying me in the yard was even going to slow me down?!" Ranma v8p92

My Blog: http://ranmarelated.blogspot.com/
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Fic Research