Lines of Destiny

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Lines of Destiny

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:50 am

While he may not have permission yet, someone is attempting to continue Lines of Destiny, using Louis Giroux's work as a basis for a rework/rewrite. I am posting it here, in hopes that Louis will see it and either give the author permission to continue or to tell him to take it down. The link is as follows: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4346903/1/Lines_of_Destiny

And the author is called Konsaki.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Chrysicat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:47 am

Ohhh. Oh Owwwww! Tpyo in summary equals 'Kat no read-y'!

Please to be telling me that M. Giroux is going to make him take it down, kthx?

,,,on another note, would it be worth my tracking down the original, or is it not only dead-WIP but not worth my time...?
Nope...not doin' it! My normal siggies'd get me banned here!
Chrysicat
Senshi Candidate

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:43 am

Have you tried contacting Louis Giroux yourself Ellf?

Does this "new" version mention getting permission or not in any way?
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Yrael » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:23 am

Konsaki wrote:This Fanfic was inspired by ‘Lines of Destiny’ a now dead Fanfic created by Louis-Philippe Giroux. If you would like to read the story he created up till it drops off, visit www.anime./dragon/lines/lines.html

The beginning chapters use Mr. Giroux’s work as a guide, but as I write, I will be adapting his story to my own style.

Also, I have notified him of my intentions and if he wishes it, I will be taking this offline immediately.

According to this, he's contacted LPG, but hasn't received a reply.

Also, I didn't notice any typos in the summary, Cat..?
Yrael
Senshi Cadet

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:15 am

Ranma and Akane have finally tied the knot and are moving on with thier lives.

A few other spelling errors in the fic itself, as well as punctuations errors. Some problems with the way ideas are conveyed. The flow of words doesn't sound right.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Sunshine wrote:Have you tried contacting Louis Giroux yourself Ellf?

Does this "new" version mention getting permission or not in any way?

I would, but I lost the address I had to contact him with. That's why I've posted this on every fanfiction related forum I go on.

mondu_the_fat wrote:Ranma and Akane have finally tied the knot and are moving on with thier lives.

A few other spelling errors in the fic itself, as well as punctuations errors. Some problems with the way ideas are conveyed. The flow of words doesn't sound right.

Personally I think the guy needs a beta, but first he needs the permission.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:15 pm

The following was posted on the TFF version of this thread:
Alkard (Louis Giroux) wrote:Interesting. Thank you for putting up this post, Ellf.

No, I haven't given anyone the permission to continue this story and I'll certainly be contacting him about it. He says he sent an e-mail, but he may be using a dead address, so I won't jump to conclusions just yet. Who knows, I *may* allow him to continue it. At least, he gave credit at the beginning.

Yes, I'm the author, and let me tell you, it was quite a surprise to see this post. Someone plagiarizing me isn't something I would ever have considered in a million years. My writing wasn't that good back then.

I've all but buried this story. I had a rewrite in mind that doesn't use use the same setting, but... anyway. The only fic I was seriously tempted to rewrite recently was Differing Powers. Entirely different plot... but frankly, I'm not sure I have the patience to deal with the spaghetti that is the plot in those books. If I rewrote it, I'd likely end up shaving off half the plot.

If I was feeling masochistic, I'd submit the plot for approval here.

But I'm digressing, I have an e-mail to write...
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:45 pm

Good.

Glad he saw that.

Hmm.. am a bit curious as to what his revised version was, but that's life.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby ranmas » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:38 pm

I thought I had a chapter of a newer version of it on my hard drives but I can't seem to find it. It seems I've lost a few other beta type stories that I wish were still around.

The only thing I know to be posted was a revised Prologue for Lines of Destiny.

If anyone is interested in reading it you can go to http://www.fanfic.net/~dragon/news.html and its right on the top of the page. Not much there however.
ranmas
Senshi Cadet

Postby Lenneth » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:15 am

Sure Wish LPG would get a boatload of inspiration and start writing again, would love to see his fics contenued.
Lenneth
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:54 pm

I'm gonna keep tabs on this... I liked LoD! If it get's continued, or rewritten, I'm pretty sure I'd be reading it again :D
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Lenneth » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:29 am

Neko- wrote:I'm gonna keep tabs on this... I liked LoD! If it get's continued, or rewritten, I'm pretty sure I'd be reading it again :D

+1 but the Rewritten prologue was nowhere similar, and I found myself not particularly liking it.
Lenneth
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:26 am

Haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet... Still... I should give it a chance... Either that or harass Giroux to actually continue it himself :P
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Ariolander » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:47 pm

Lines of Destiny is almost legendary fic from the 90s. It still holds a place in my heart.

Konsaki has set a lofty and ambitious goal. This can't end well at all... Either way I will keep an eye on it.
Ariolander
Senshi Candidate

Postby Terra Hitarumonwa » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Hmm... I remember the name... but I don't remember what LoD was about at all... I could have sworn I read it, but it was probably years ago and I'd forgotten all about it.

For some reason though, when I think of the name I keep thinking that Hotaru/Saturn is running from the outers and finds the Ranma crew. They swear to protect her and go against the senshi. I dunno, I'm probably just dumb...
Terra Hitarumonwa
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender