Fukufic: Eternal Sun

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Postby Ninsaneja » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:05 pm

Suspension of disbelief is what one does when confronted with a situation crafted for enjoyment but not really realistic. It is not temporary. If the situation is too blatantly false then the suspension fails and the idea is rendered unentertaining.
When you read a story that is fiction, you suspend your disbelief. This suspension is further strained with fantsy, things that can't logically happen in real life. When there is too little explanation to things, or they are too unreal, that is when we state that we can't suspend our disbelief.
"For a good time, call Molimo"
- Inscribed on a bathroom stall door in Yavimaya.
Ninsaneja
Senshi Cadet

Postby lwf58 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:14 pm

And that's enough about defining "suspension of disbelief" in this thread. If you wish to debate it further, open a thread for the purpose. All comments here should be directly related to the story, be they good or bad.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Materia-Blade » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:17 pm

*Raise eyebrow*
I suppose... it makes sense in that context. Fiction and all... Still I stand by my (and webster's) definitions.
As to the story, my comment did relate to it. Directly even. I just built up to it. But whatever... where do you suggest I create such a topic?
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Postby lwf58 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:27 pm

That would go in the "Other Talk" folder, since it's not fan fiction related.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Waruiko » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:53 pm

This fiction killed my inner child.
Waruiko
Senshi Cadet

Postby crystlshake » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:14 am

Perhaps it just needed more build up before getting to that point. If it was a darker fic I could swallow such a large number of character deaths. Having them all presented at the same time like they were here didnt work for me. I would expect at least some of the fighters to last a little while longer. Having Ranma be the only survivor out of all those martial artists without apparent injury is just too much. If the actual conflict with fighting the demons was covered it would help a lot. As the first few paragraphs go, it pretty much says everyone but Ranma is now dead from Nerima, and now with no further adu he's a senshi! Having him be angry with the senshi was a nice touch but should have been carried for more than a paragraph or two to give it substance.
I didnt read very far so I dont know how good the story idea was as a whole but better paceing would do it wonders. Too much happens that gets summed up in 3 to 4 simple paragraphs to not leave the reader a bit bewildered. Completely brushing over important character development like greiving for the loss of pretty much everyone he knows was painful. There may be a stylistic way to present that big important spot of time in a small format such as with nightmares or a time skip (not recommended so early in a fic) but the way it is here just doesnt work for me.
It may as well of had a bulleted list going from remove Ranma's attachements to making him a Senshi for how jarring the transition was. Ill stop now since I seem to either be repeating myself in the same post or fixating a bit.
'The willow knows what the storm does not. The power to endure pain outlives the power to inflict it.' -MtG, Blood of the Martyr
Appointed Spamville Inquisition Deputy by Shadell September 27, 2006.
Appointed Himitsu's Loyal Left Hand Girl October 26, 2006.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

worse fukufic ever

Postby timdraco » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:58 pm

i tend to agree 4th paragraph was also as far as i got. though if someone rewrites the storyline it might make it better!(hint hint)
timdraco
Senshi Cadet

Postby Tuisto » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:31 am

I read it to chap two there, and I think it sucks. a rather choppy and contrived plot, along with poor writing and dialogue really makes the story crappy.
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:35 am

Deathgenouros (who wrote this ...thing...) has far more enthusaium than skill. I mean, she (I say 'she' as every one of her fics has Ranma locked, so i'm guessing she's a she) has all the basics down. Spelling, punctuation, grammer.
What she lacks is charecter devolopment, build up, tension, and the ability to get all the background work done before she reaches the bit she thought would be fun to write.
Odd that after so many fics, she still hasnt noticed that she needs.... skill? Practice? Tallent?
No shortage of ideas, but all of them are pretty poorly implemented.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

rewrite!

Postby timdraco » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:10 pm

llok i still say it needs to be rewritten i mean its a good idea for a fic and the plot starts out ok but comeon! it totally lets u down!
timdraco
Senshi Cadet

Previous

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender