Sql couldn't find resource again.

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

Sql couldn't find resource again.

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:18 pm

I once again got this error message when clicking to reply to a topic in Spamville. It happened at 12:09 for me so about 10 min ago. Just thought I'd mention it in case something is getting ready to have a problem.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /home/fukufics/www/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/fukufics/www/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/fukufics/www/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:18 pm

Today a few min ago. An error ended up leading to a doubled post when I had to refresh due to what looked like a page load halt.

Just in case it can help here's what was on the page when the halt happened. at about the 13 or 14 of the same hour

Interrupted page text wrote:message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:54 am

Sorry, but I have no idea what causes that sort of thing. It's happened to me too.

The problems seem to be sporadic, and go away without intervention. That leads me to believe that the problems are mostly due to communications failures - the requests made by clicking the buttons aren't reaching the server intact. Whether this is caused by problems with the internet itself or with the servers the site is hosted on, I'm unable to say.

As it stands, if you wait awhile, the glitches go away. I'm not knowledgeable enough about SQL to diagnose whether there's a way for me to intervene.

Perhaps Stacy might, if she notices.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:46 pm

I don't know enough either. But I figure any and all info that comes up could have clues. That's why I keep making note and posting what I can when it occurs.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Site Suggestions