replace or augment the blog

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

replace or augment the blog

Postby WG_Writer » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:21 pm

I suggested this a long time ago, but I feel its time to voice it again. I think we need to have a database of the fukufics so we can find em later, The blog was a good idea in its time but last run through I did about a third of the links were broken (well it felt like that) and many fics are dead or lost. last time I recommended a wiki, this time I think a simpler system could be done based on voting to give fics ratings a short description plus which senshi. or maybe something simpler as the site was before it had a forum. if we do a voting we might even be able to break it down to sub sections such as pasing, OOCness, spelling/grammar, legnth, and so forth.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Re: replace or augment the blog

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:33 pm

WarGiver wrote:I suggested this a long time ago, but I feel its time to voice it again. I think we need to have a database of the fukufics so we can find em later, The blog was a good idea in its time but last run through I did about a third of the links were broken (well it felt like that) and many fics are dead or lost. last time I recommended a wiki, this time I think a simpler system could be done based on voting to give fics ratings a short description plus which senshi. or maybe something simpler as the site was before it had a forum. if we do a voting we might even be able to break it down to sub sections such as pasing, OOCness, spelling/grammar, legnth, and so forth.

Hmmm...

You might want to post the broken ones. It might even be a good idea for the mods to set up a thread specifically for posting notices for broken links to the fukufics list.

Depending on the fics, I may have valid links to some of them... but I do not read or track all fukufics (a quick check just now shows not counting multi crosses, lemons, or AA threads, I track some 314 Ranma/SM crossovers). I could supply them either in this thread, or by IM or email to Sunshine/Josh Temple, or lwf58/LarryF for them to correct in their own system.

My own system can output besides BBCode in CSV and XML, which can be imported into databases, though I do not have fields for either matchups or story descriptions.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Both would be helpful.

Links do tend to die off, and I know it's not up to date.

Some type of wiki or database could be more helpful.

The blog was a stopgap measure really, but we ended up sticking with it, especially since the number of fukufics being actively worked on has been trending quite downward.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:15 pm

So does anyone have a list of ones that are broke to be looked into?
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:02 pm

I can't remember the name off hand but there is a database that was assembled. I want to say Kii or Tail Kinker but I'm really drawing a blank and sadly the heat is not helping.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:36 pm

I will go through it and test each one and see if I can find alternate links to the broken ones, but the list still is extensive and a sortable table of some sort would be ideal soon.

It will likely take me a few days as my time is currently being taken up, but I should have it done on/by sunday
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Return to Site Suggestions