Why the Rearrangement and what happened?

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

Why the Rearrangement and what happened?

Postby Spokavriel » Tue May 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Why has the site been reordered and what happened to the Ranma and Sailor Moon discussion boards? I might not have participated in them after getting a feel of the attitudes in them but they still had allot of great information to help with story ideas.

I also do not see the Fukufics board any more.

My suggestion is, to help prevent confusion in the future, please present changes and reasons, for discussion, so they can be understood before sweeping changes in the future.

At least then some things could have been saved.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Why the Rearrangement and what happened?

Postby Gwendolyn Quincy » Tue May 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Um, they’re still around.

Ranma: http://fukufics.com/viewforum.php?f=24
Sailor Moon: http://fukufics.com/viewforum.php?f=6
Fukufics: http://fukufics.com/viewforum.php?f=25

They just have new names. The changes just happened and an announcement is probably on it’s way. But it’s their site why should they seek our approval?

I guess I might have complained if topics got deleted, but as it is they’re just moved. All you have to do is look for them.
Gwendolyn Quincy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Wed May 25, 2011 7:34 pm

Heh. I was suggesting we put up an announcement thread ahead of time, but apparently the admins got excited and shifted the arrangement. We'll probably whip up an announcement post sooner or later, and there'll be a possible rules shift coming down the tube (which will be announced at least a week before it comes into effect - it shouldn't be much to worry about, the largest new section of the rules will be outlining for the audience the rules the staff is working under).

As for why, we're trying to increase forum traffic and make the site look a bit less like the back alley deviant of the Internet so that good authors of things other than Ranma and Sailor Moon don't get scared off, and to improve ease of use. Our basic objective here is to increase forum activity, make it a more rewarding place to post with more responses and discussion.

One of the keys to that was a forum facelift - we moved our creative forum to pride of place to show that it's the centerpiece of the forums (Fukufics is retitled Fukufics and Gender-Bender to open it up a bit - for now it's purely a fic discussion forum, but depending on what the techies tell us is possible, it could be a distinct bit more awesome), we added some new forums (games, movies), as you noticed we moved Site Suggestions up to the admin section rather than the 'other' one (maybe could retitle it Site Discussions - everyone feel free to bandy about ideas and thoughts in this thread). We're also going to fold the 'other fiction' section into the main creative board, it's sort of a ghetto right now and doesn't see anywhere near as much traffic as Anime C&C.

Apologies to our current users for any difficulty in navigating during this transition. But be assured, nothing will be deleted. The forums have mostly just shifted names and places right now.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed May 25, 2011 7:52 pm

I still suggest a web page so Fukufics has a real face, which leads to everything else (blog, portal, forums, et cetera) so visitors can more easily see what the place has to offer them, as well as have information about this or that in a better place.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Gwendolyn Quincy » Wed May 25, 2011 10:50 pm

I like the idea of a top site.

Also how about bringing back the Author User Group, to recognize the writers.
Gwendolyn Quincy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed May 25, 2011 10:55 pm

If a Top site were done I'd like it to be kept simple. Maybe have it as a place to keep lists of links to fiction sites as well as the Fukufic master list and ratings. Maybe also see if some authors would allow their rules of fanfiction to be copied and reposted.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Site Suggestions