What anime did you last watch?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:14 pm

Acey wrote:Maybe you could post it in a new thread, Ani. We actually had a thread like that at the old board but it's been blitzed by the move.

Sure, but be warned...I have over 150 DIFFERENT titles. 8) :twisted: :D :mrgreen:
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Tear of the Lone Wolf P( :cry:
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Screwball » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:51 am

Most recently watched: Elfen Lied. Look at all the body parts falling off... hehehe...
Favourite: Probably the original BCG
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby iiradned » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:51 pm

My last viewed anime was Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
The Tachikoma get me everytime.
iiradned
Asteroid Senshi

Postby migele » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:25 pm

Kiddy Grade, I'm on ep 5 now.
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby MGSaintz » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:15 pm

Managed to get my hands on season 1-3 of City Hunter, I was going to get it on torrent but because of the size of the thing I decided against it and wept as I spent a good chunk of change for the dvds. Need to buy the movie and the tv and ova specials next. As for favorites I'd say Angelic Layer and Azumanga.
MGSaintz
Senshi Candidate

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:47 pm

Watched the Japanese language (English subtitled) Cardcaptor Sakura, both the Clow `book` and the Sakura 'book' and the New Cutey Honey. Also the Eriko Sato movie is hilarious, sometimes unintentionally.
My favorite is still the original BGC (2032), the 2040 version doesn't have the same force.
Daniel
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby ShinigamiKaitou » Tue May 02, 2006 11:10 pm

ummm Kashimashi-Girl Meets Girl...its cute guy likes girl in his class but she hates boys. he gets killed by an alien space ship and brougth back as a girl... cute shoujo ai...
Akatsuki Scouts:
Itachi: SEE! and theres my "Kill your family" badge..and my "screw with your brothers head" badge and my "torture little children" badge...
Kisame: What's that one? the "sharp pointy things" badge?
Itachi: NO! thats "Sewing"! *grins proudly*

Beware I know Amazon Glomp.
ShinigamiKaitou
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue May 02, 2006 11:13 pm

Most recent Anime: .hack//Roots damn good.
Favorite anime: .hack//sign (Ranma is my favorite Manga)
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Wed May 03, 2006 8:38 am

Most recently finished up with Rozen Maiden Traumend. Planning on finishing REC off (last two eps) before I leave for the weekend (be sure to miss me all of you!)
Other then that I'm keeping up with quite a few series, among which Naruto, One Piece, Fate Stay Night, Bleach, Candy Candy (yes, that old series, found the first 29 eps torrented) and Ah My Goddess.
Other then that there's a few loose series floating about, but none of those have been watched what I'd call 'recently'
I have over 150 DIFFERENT titles

Dunno if I make the 150 mark... But I'm fairly sure I do... You're not alone :P
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby DCG » Wed May 03, 2006 9:49 am

Last major anime i watched was Nanoha and Nanoha A's.
good stuff
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby migele » Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 am

NArut 177, no time for 1789, more importand animes around.
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sun May 07, 2006 11:10 pm

Hmmm... I'm currently watching a large amount simultaneously... heh.
AirGear, Ergo Proxy, Ray, Renkin San-Kyuu Magical? Pokaan, Pani Poni Dash, Mushishi, and The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
Favorite? Probably Serial Experiment Lain... or Elfen Lied.
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Mon May 08, 2006 12:48 am

Most recent anime: Ghost in the Shell standalone complex episode 8 (oh man, the second dvd rules!)
Favourite anime: Tenjo Tenge
Most Recent manga: Tenchi Muyo! Alien Nation
Favourite manga: Ranma
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

What Anime did I watch last?

Postby ChasTaro » Mon May 08, 2006 3:18 am

That would have to be Kiki's Delivery Service.
Hey, :) I gota do something with my grandkids when the come over on the weekends.
If you live to seek revenge, dig a grave for two.
ChasTaro
Senshi Cadet

*Spoilers* Just a little though...

Postby Acey » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:22 pm

Just finished watching the Gravitation anime. I have quite a few volumes of the manga and had seriously high hopes for the adaptation. Sadly, it just doesn't work. They try to squeeze too much into too few episodes (thirteen in all). As a result, certain characters (Maiko) and settings (the highschool, Shuichi's home) are done away with as Shuichi and Hiro are made at least a year older in order to have graduated school and free up their commitments.
But that removes a great deal of the tension and atmosphere from the original story. Rather than starting off as a talented but raw highschool band, the anime kicks off with the pair already having landed a deal with Tohma Seguchi's production company, essentially skipping and/or mishmashing anything in the earliers volumes not directly related to Shuichi/Yuki romance.
That being said, the romance itself feels horribly contrived in the anime, and only superficially resembles the awesome heat between the two main characters which gave the manga its name.
Despite being older, Shiuchi is much brattier in the anime and cloyingly self-obesessed. His love for Yuki is maintained only by illogical and baffling reasoning, and several of the better characters who weren't done away with have relatively little screentime. The one-note joke Sakano gets as much as Hiroshi for god's sake!
The character designs with the notable exception of Shinji are as close to manga as one can reasonably expect. Shinji though, looks less like a cute stylish eighteen year old than he does the tomboy-ish member of a magical girl group. Image
I like the music, but the same few songs get repeated/recycled quite often, so it can become irritating if you were expecting something to rival Macross Plus or Cowboy Bebop.
The area most worthy of praise would be the acting. Ryutaro Okiayu, Kappei Yamaguchi, Tomokazu Seki, Ai Orikasa, Hiromi Tsuru, Yatsunori Matsumoto - all big names in Japanese voice acting and the first two in particular are given license to let loose and be as funny as they like. ^^ However, Matsumoto (Hiroshi) who has played the likes of Gourry and Dick Saucer before gets relatively little in the way of humorous dialogue, which is a shame because I think he'd be perfect to spout off some off the things Hiro says in the manga that had me rolling. ^^
So all in all, this is okay if you've not read the manga and aren't going in with unrealistic expectations, don't mind a spoiled major character with no real emotional depth and aren't expecting a decent ending. ^^;
There's a Gravitation OVA as well apparently, but unless I hear that it more closely follows the manga than its animated predecessor, I think I'll pass on it.
Acey
Moon Queen Emeritus

PreviousNext

Return to Other Talk